Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

Dang guys if your balls are getting bigger, go see a doctor quick   ;-)

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Hah… so many big balls jokes incoming.

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

So I know im in the minority here. But again, here is my beef with ball size. FH is scaled as accurately as I think it can be and the table size is correct as well from what I can tell. So if I compare the ball and its clearance going down the flipper lanes on the VP table and the real thing, there is a good deal more ball clearance on the VP table than on my real machine. Now if the slings are precisely placed and ball guides are precisely placed, then why this delta if things are as accurate as they are believed to be? And right or wrong, the ball seems visual too small on the table at 50 units. Only my opinion.

The current ball size is set at a whopping 51 units in order to better fill this clearance in the flipper lanes that I see again, compared to my real FH. I have seen others go way bigger than that. But in the end, it just looks “visually” more accurate with this slightly larger ball. Hell if I know. :wacko:

I will take a look at the hidden hallway issue.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

Hah… so many big balls jokes incoming.

haha… I’m going to avoid them. They are too easy!

So I wan’t say anything about “shaving a whisker off the balls to make them fit”.  Regardless of how much the girls like them like that! ;)

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

Dang guys if your balls are getting bigger, go see a doctor quick ;-)

Jokes aside…. this is very good advice. I lost my best mate to testicular cancer :(

Now… back to the ball jokes please ;)

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

@wrd1972 Any changes to the script for vD or are they just in the table file?

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

It seems like any time there is a ball over 50 on a table, it causes some kind of problem getting stuck somewhere, etc…

Pinball Shawn
                  Participant
                    @pinballshawn

So I know im in the minority here. But again, here is my beef with ball size. FH is scaled as accurately as I think it can be and the table size is correct as well from what I can tell. So if I compare the ball and its clearance going down the flipper lanes on the VP table and the real thing, there is a good deal more ball clearance on the VP table than on my real machine. Now if the slings are precisely placed and ball guides are precisely placed, then why this delta if things are as accurate as they are believed to be? And right or wrong, the ball seems visual too small on the table at 50 units. Only my opinion. The current ball size is set at a whopping 51 units in order to better fill this clearance in the flipper lanes that I see again, compared to my real FH. I have seen others go way bigger than that. But in the end, it just looks “visually” more accurate with this slightly larger ball. Hell if I know. :wacko: I will take a look at the hidden hallway issue.

I agree with this. I spend most of my time around real pinball machines and on a lot of the vp tables the ball looks too small. Even when the table is expanded exactly the size of a real table it’s too small.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

Visually that may very well be and it may be how vp renders the ball, but the whole basis of measurement in VP is the ball is 50 units.  Everything else is based around that premise, so to change the ball because it doesn’t look right doesn’t negate the fact that physically it is then wrong, and physically things won’t work right, like stuck balls etc.  In the end it’s your table and you can set it however you like, and I know how to change it back  :)

Oh, very nice table  btw, excellent work.   :good:

StevOz
                      Participant
                        @stevoz

Visually that may very well be and it may be how vp renders the ball, but the whole basis of measurement in VP is the ball is 50 units. Everything else is based around that premise, so to change the ball because it doesn’t look right doesn’t negate the fact that physically it is then wrong, and physically things won’t work right, like stuck balls etc. In the end it’s your table and you can set it however you like, and I know how to change it back :) Oh, very nice table btw, excellent work. :good:

Excellent table realease, state of the art. Really not anything I could ever do or imagine doing.

Not that I’ve had any such issues with the ball size though I agree with the old dog, well maybe at 54 (years of age, no I didn’t adjust the VP ball size for this table) I may have out aged my ball size, still plunges and fires fine..:)

I will say BD had me reconsider DT POV settings and although I can’t quite go for that NBA player view, he seems to prefer. ;)

I went with this on this table…

Also I might add and I have done the algebra for a 16:9 ratio monitor X scale and Y scale should be 1:1 for VPX, although if you are running a 16:10 ratio monitor say at 1920×1200 then, the X scale = 1 and Y scale = 1.1111111111111>

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

While not as aged as my friend StevOz, being a spry young 53, I can admit I’m having a ball building and playing tables.  :yahoo:

A thought occurred last night while pondering pinball in bed instead of sleeping (a common occurrence), I wonder how hard it would be to have a visual size property added to balls.  similar to how rubbers have a height they appear at and a hit height that the physics acts on, could you have a physical size, ie 50 vp units, and a visual size of 52 units or something.  obviously would not want them too different or you would begin to notice it when it sinks into objects, but that could “solve” the issue of balls appearing to small.. at least in vp.

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Good thought. Bd.

I would like to see a sure fire way of checking the ball size with respect to a known diminision on  the pf image. For example if there were 1 1/6 lighting lens on the pf image. Then a 50 sized kicker should perfectly line up with it.

Its my understanding that a kicker object can be used to represent the ball size or scale in the editor.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Yeah, assuming the image is perfectly scalled/proportionate to what it should be that should work, kicker is an easy round to place and size.  The default grid size of 50 should also work for a check as that is the size of the ball.  I often change my grid size to 47 (doesn’t allow decimals) so that I can see things in close to inches which my brain works with better.

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

This table is an amazing achievement.

Chaz
                                Participant
                                  @tophat

In vers 1.1, if you messed up & didn’t get any points & lost the ball, Rudy would say “Hey bunky, you can have it back”.

I’ve been playing a lot of this wonderful game & stuff happens, but I never get the ball back anymore. I have all the 1.2x versions & just tried them & none give the ball back. I tried vers 1.1 and it still gives the ball back.

I could not find a setting that controls this. Is there one?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

WOW updates today are great! FH is so nice already thank you again for yet another update!

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Revision 1.3 released

• All new LFHM physics
                                      • All new lighting
                                      • Flippers properly sized and positioned
                                      • Minor visual enhancements

Enjoy :)

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Ronaldvg
                                      Participant
                                        @ronaldvg

Just played the table for 15 minutes and I must say these physics for me feel very good. Also the aiming works much better now than previously. This could be a gamechanger if these changes can work as good on other tables also. Just wow. Many thanks, I know this must have taken quite some work to get this so real.

robertms
                                        Participant
                                          @mophead

Superb update, this game is infinitely more playable for me now. I actually managed to beat Rudy’s face to a pulp, in the past I could never make this shot consistently. If I miss now I can only blame myself. Also the new lighting hue suits this table much better, it’s actually easier on the eyes and less fatiguing to play for a long time. BTW, Bugs and Dude are just as fantastic. Many thanks to wrd and all involved!

johnco
                                          Participant
                                            @johnco

This replaces the 1.3a that was out there?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?