This topic contains 234 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 221 through 235 (of 235 total)
  • Author
     mordroc 
    Participant

Thank you very much!  The .Hidden variable was indeed 1.  Changing it to zero got my alpha numeric display up.   I wasn’t sure how to refer to the name of the display in my question, as in the script it always says “DMD”.  Again, thank you for the help.  This table is a masterpiece.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Thanks for the compliment mordoc.

I will soon be doing a few more things to it to make it even better. Nfozzy has come up with a much improved way to have the GI dimming appear much more realistic. It will remove the blockiness and other irregularities that are currently in place. It really does mimic my real FH very precisely.

I also want to rescale Rudy to be more accurately sized to the real thing. Right now, he is too tall.

Also I have new flipper physics coming that do not rely on a script hack but provide the same trajectories…but without the weird and excessive rebounds that occasionally happen when the ball hits the flipper. Rothbauerw has worked major overtime on these new physics and he now has the tools to measure, compare settings and precisely tweak the flippers and re-measure their performance. I really see this as another step forward to flipper physics bliss.

Yes I know what some of you guys are thinig. Damn will he ever stop revving this table and call it done. Well in a word or two…Hell no. :)

As I continue to gain more experience and as the various table authors continue to make more innovative ways of doing things. I will continue to add them to all of my tables…especially my signature table, FH.

Stay tuned. B-)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Some users who have liked this topic:

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Hell no – don’t stop updating any of your tables. Getting closer to the real thing is absolutely something I think we all should strive for. I would however love to get a peek at those flipper physics changes you are keeping close to your chest ;)

TNT2 
    Participant

I always thought this table looked impressive. After being converted to Force Exclusive Fullscreen it looks even more incredible! Like a table brand new from the factory!

Thanks for everyone’s hard work on this.

MisterB 
    Participant

I own the real one and this one looks great too.  I have a cabinet table, but this one shows up in portrait and needs to be rotated to fill the cabinet.  I’m kind of new to this, but most tables display correctly on the cabinet.  Appreciate any tips.  Current global video settings work for most every other table installed.  Any advice is appreciated.

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I think this table is set for portrait mode.

This is how you can rotate it, as it seems just putting the numbers in the rightside menu doesn’t work.

I think these type of tables use an XML file for the settings.

You can load the table in the Visual Pinball Editor, and then click File tab, you will see Export, hover mouse over that and click Export Backdrop POV.

You can name it whatever you want.

This will give you an XML file, which you can rightclick on and click open with Notepad, then open with Notepad and edit.

Here is what the XML will look like..

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <POV>
    <desktop>
    <inclination>52.000000</inclination>
    <fov>52.000000</fov>
    <layback>0.000000</layback>
    <rotation>0.000000</rotation>
    <xscale>0.980000</xscale>
    <yscale>1.070000</yscale>
    <zscale>1.000000</zscale>
    <xoffset>-2.000000</xoffset>
    <yoffset>62.000000</yoffset>
    <zoffset>-280.000000</zoffset>
    </desktop>
    <fullscreen>
    <inclination>10.000000</inclination>
    <fov>50.000000</fov>
    <layback>50.000000</layback>
    <xscale>1.170000</xscale>
    <xoffset>-12.000000</xoffset>
    <yoffset>-8.000000</yoffset>
    <zoffset>-475.000000</zoffset>
    </fullscreen>
    <fullsinglescreen>
    <fov>52.000000</fov>
    </fullsinglescreen>
    </POV>

This is where you will add 270 for table rotation. So it will look like this…

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <POV>
    <desktop>
    <fov>52.000000</fov>
    </desktop>
    <fullscreen>
    <inclination>10.000000</inclination>
    <fov>50.000000</fov>
    <layback>50.000000</layback>
    <rotation>270.000000</rotation>
    <xscale>1.170000</xscale>
    <xoffset>-12.000000</xoffset>
    <yoffset>-8.000000</yoffset>
    <zoffset>-475.000000</zoffset>
    </fullscreen>
    <fullsinglescreen>
    <fov>52.000000</fov>
    </fullsinglescreen>
    </POV>

Now save the XML file, and now import it back into table by clicking File tab, then Import Backdrop POV.

Now that you have the table rotated…Instead of clicking play from the table tab, click Camera/Light Edit Mode from the Table tab.(Or Click F6)

This will start the table in a camera mode, where you can adjust the table to fit your screen by using L-Alt and flipper keys. Use R-CTRL to toggle different settings.

Adjust to your liking and save table afterwards.

If you are having trouble editting your XML file, I added one as attachment with rotation set for 270.

Just unzip and import into table using the File Tab, Import, Backdrop POV.

XML

Hope this helps you.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  xenonph.
    Attachments:
     Jesperpark 
    Participant

The rebel portrait gang strikes again  ;-)

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Make a drinking game out of it. Everytime somebody asks about the screen showing up wrong. You’ll get good and toasted.

CalleV 
    Participant

Hi!

Whem loading table it is rotated -90 on my portrait screen. So table is very small.

Can it be fixed?

I also run in exclusive Fullscreen and cant focus the starting meny, but solved that with ddraw 1 and disable the meny and then went back.

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

rotating

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37439 ( here you might need other values – I believe you want a -270 … but, it explains the process )

adjusting

VPX Camera/Light Mode Tutorial

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Thalamus.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     CalleV 
    Participant

I can´t get a ball to play the table, I insert coins and play start but nothing happends, works with some other tables I have tried, any idea?
    I get the DMD in fullscreen, saw something about using compact mode (where?). How do I do to save the DMD position and size for each table? ddraw = 0 is it only possible to change in the registry or ? going to att Visual pinballX to my pinballX Is it true that I can´t use true fullscreen mode when using pinballX?

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Calle,
    Regarding the fail to start. Nearly everytime I see this mentioned. Its a key mapping issue. Might review your setting under preferences/keys in the editor. I am also not aware of a similar issue from the 2000+ folks who have downloaded the table. As far as I know, it should not
    be the table.

I will need to defer to one of the other very helpful folks here on your DMD issues. I use an external DMD and just dont know the solution for you.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

I suggest that you delete the registry entry. You will have to rotate the table once more though.

Reset a table to default

CalleV 
    Participant

Thanks for your input!

Solved it, tested the Rom and saw that it was broken. So I just downloded another and it worked directly.

Imported a rotate xml and got the table to look good, will tune the angle with the camera function.

I still have issues with tables with PinMAME DMD I get the DMD on the playfield all the time and when I move it to the backglas monitor and exit and save it still is on the playfield monitor the next time. :wacko:

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Ok, the only thing that comes to mind is if you have a lcd monitor as dmd and that you are running dmddevice. I believe it will put the dmd at the same location as you have in the dmddevice.ini each time – overriding the registry. Or, for some reason you’re settings are not saved. Have a look in the rom folder … there you see entries for x and y poss. You should see these change after you’ve moved the dmd and exited Vp.

Viewing 15 posts - 221 through 235 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account