Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Any rom output that tells when he is sleeping? should be easy to do if there was but i assume thats the problem? i could look. maybe i can find the issue

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Looking at this…is any other time mouth open both eyes closed? could use those compined switches to trigger gi if all triggered longer then 100msor so or no?

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Looking at this…is any other time mouth open both eyes closed? could use those compined switches to trigger gi if all triggered longer then 100msor so or no?

Mouth open…eyes closed. I dont think so. They could be the trigger to keep the GI dimmed down. If you want to test it, make the changes and I will play it. That might fix the issue.

Thanks. This one has been a terrific PITA to fix.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I will give it a try tomorrow night and see

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

Awesome. Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Chaz
              Participant
                @tophat

Chaz, I agree. I believe there is a lag issue somewhere in your system. All I can suggest is to maybe dial down some settings. As I mentioned before, this table will require a better than average system. It is very heavy and packed with detail that will consume resources.

It could be a lag, however the flipper does move but the ball seems to just pass through it on the way down. This is when the ball is first launched.

However if the ball is on the playfield & I manage to hit it up past the flipper, the flipper will hit the ball on its way back down.

FWIW my system is a quad core 3GHz AMD with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC graphic card. Currently I’ve only tried this table in DT mode.

Since I’m still relatively new to VP & not familiar with all the settings, what do you recommend I change in order to dial down some settings?

Thank you.

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

I personally run unlimited FPS (no v-sync), no reflections and no AA. Ball movement and overall play is butter smooth. Maybe some others can chime in. I do have a slightly better vid card than you but a much slower CPU though.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

Chaz, in an attempt to keep wrd’s Funhouse thread on track…

I started a performance guide thread here:  http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35390&hl=

And here is a big thread about flipper lag:  http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36111&hl=%2Bflipper+%2Blag

There’s a ton of info in those two threads and any questions you have will be related to those topics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Here is an update for version 1.2.

Lots of new stuff.

There were a handful of ROM controller lighting effects that have been missing. They are now working correctly thanks to ninuzzu. Cyberpez is currently creating a brand new apron prim with greater detail. I have also done a lot of work with sound effects. Also countless small visuals that would be difficult for most to find. But you guys know by now how damn particular I am. :)

Very few physics changes since its playing very much the way I want it. And all issues that have been brought to my attention have been resolved. And a few more surprises.

Stay tuned. :yahoo:

Chaz
                      Participant
                        @tophat

Chaz, in an attempt to keep wrd’s Funhouse thread on track… I started a performance guide thread here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35390&hl= And here is a big thread about flipper lag: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36111&hl=%2Bflipper+%2Blag There’s a ton of info in those two threads and any questions you have will be related to those topics.

Thanks for the links.

I apologize if it appeared that I was going off topic as that was not my intent. I actually thought there might be an issue with the upper flipper.

Part of the issue is probably my old/slow reaction time. It seems with the VP9 table the ball comes down the chute a bit slower & therefore is easier to hit.

On the VPX table the upper flipper is basically hidden from sight in DT mode because of a clock type object in front of it. This is not the case in FS mode due the difference in the Field of View. Being able to see the flipper helps me with the timing. The VP9 table does not have that clock object hiding the flipper.

I looked at the IPDB and a few other photos of Funhouse & none of them showed that clock object. Is that something that was only used on early or late versions of the real pinball machines?

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

Chaz,

The clock, hotdog cart, balloons etc. are toys that one can purchaser to put on their real FH machine. The sell these on Ebay and other Pinball related retailers. Most machines have these aftermarket toys to tailor the machine to how the owner wants it.

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Chaz, in an attempt to keep wrd’s Funhouse thread on track… I started a performance guide thread here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35390&hl= And here is a big thread about flipper lag: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36111&hl=%2Bflipper+%2Blag There’s a ton of info in those two threads and any questions you have will be related to those topics.

Thanks for the links. I apologize if it appeared that I was going off topic as that was not my intent. I actually thought there might be an issue with the upper flipper. Part of the issue is probably my old/slow reaction time. It seems with the VP9 table the ball comes down the chute a bit slower & therefore is easier to hit. On the VPX table the upper flipper is basically hidden from sight in DT mode because of a clock type object in front of it. This is not the case in FS mode due the difference in the Field of View. Being able to see the flipper helps me with the timing.

No worries… just trying to get you to the right threads with all the info.

As for the flipper, have you tried changing the layback setting in camera/light mode to see if you can find a perspective you like?

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

On the VPX table the upper flipper is basically hidden from sight in DT mode because of a clock type object in front of it.

Am I missing something?

Funhouse-VP10

Attachments:
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Jeezus that looks so good I thought it was picture of real machine! Lol. I can see flipper just fine

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

Ahhh I see the issue. The clock toy mod does obstruct the view of the upper left flipper. No problem. I just moved it over for the next rev so no worries. Man you guys are gonna really love this next version. You will see glaring features that were missing in the previous.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Ah. I didn’t have that mod enabled.

Another table where the colors completely pop.

Chaz
                                    Participant
                                      @tophat

Ah. I didn’t have that mod enabled. Another table where the colors completely pop.

I didn’t have that mod or any others enabled, yet the clock was there. Perhaps because I was running VPX 10.1 at the time. But now I have VPX 10.2 and can see the menu to enable the mods. IIRC the menu was there in 10.1 but I never touched it. VPX 10.1 must have turned on the mods because I remember the popcorn & balloons. Anyway no problem now that I have VPX 10.2.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

@wrd1972 Oh man. I played this table for the first time with DOF and the works. I don’t know how many hours I was standing there enjoying this table. My feet still hurts. I’m so happy choosing to to virtual when I get to play so well put together tables. Recently there have been many, and this one is definitely one of them. Can’t understand what can be done any better so I’m very curious on your update. Thanks again !

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

The bulk will be ROM controlled lighting. Currently, the GI dimming is not working for a “lit” wind tunnel hit, or a Rudys hideout hit. The GI will now flash just like my real machine. Also, Rothbauerw has found the elusive bug that seems to brighten the GI back to full, when Rudy is asleep. The GI should remain rather dim during this time aside from some flashes. ALso now, there is now a light cast on Rudy that was missing before. Its tied into the ROM as well.

The rest of the stuff is mostly small visual details and such with very little done in the way of table physics. It will play the same but you will quickly start to see the visual enhancements.

Glad your enjoying it and thanks for the comments. Wont be much longer. :-D

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

How about an update on FH.

The table is complete other than finishing the new Hi-res apron. I have been experimenting with lighting all weekend long and have thrown out everything I previously have used and came up up with some methods that I truly believe are better. There is now no lighting fog and greater contrast overall and the colors are popping much more than before.

New version:

Old version:

I have spent another full weekend adding more and more visual and audio detail to the table. It will be apparent when you guys get to play it. I made a few physics tweaks and conducted testing with various folks playing the VP table and my real table. All agreed that the physics are now even better than before. So prepare yourselves for an even greater FH….real soon.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?