Futurama – CALLING ALL SCRIPTERS! HELP NEEDED

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Let’s finish this table. Pm me

Info here if you’ve not seen the progress lodger and gtxjoe have made with this table over the past couple years.

Punch it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Cool build and should be completed!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

ozg
        Participant
          @netweight
          Unclewilly
          Participant
            @unclewilly

Looks really nice.  What needs to be coded?

Unclewilly
            Participant
              @unclewilly

Haven’t done an original in a while but if you need something let me know
              <!–more–>

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

I’m going through and catching up on it now, I think we’re closer to final code than I remembered, the main thing that needs to be added is scoring and multipliers, fairly easy we just have placeholder scoring in there right now. Then for the third level of each mode (6 modes total) I want to make the targets harder. Right now it replicates the first mode, ie. hit all 6 blinking lights. For the third mode I want the lights to move randomly, when you hit a target while it’s blinking, the light goes solid , then another light starts blinking and randomly jumping between each of the 6 targets, so on and so on. I think just a timer right? I’ve never scripted something like that.

I think the bulk of the work remaining is just making DMD clips which I’m slowly getting through

Punch it!

Unclewilly
                Participant
                  @unclewilly

Yeah,  a timer,  random number generator,  and a variable or array containimg the target light sttate, so you don’t turn the one on that was just hit. Or one that has already been hit

U

Unclewilly
                  Participant
                    @unclewilly

Table looks awesome.  For some reason when i look at it i think of big bang bar

Unclewilly
                    Participant
                      @unclewilly

Can you hurry up with it I’m trying to add it to my collection for my vp dvd auction on ebay lol

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Can you hurry up with it I’m trying to add it to my collection for my vp dvd auction on ebay lol

Not funny BOSS! ok it was funny :good:

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

Table looks awesome. For some reason when i look at it i think of big bang bar

it’s the tube, very big bang bar like… not my intention!

Punch it!

ICPjuggla
                            @icpjuggla
                            MembervipModerator

lol was really funny!

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

Yeah, a timer, random number generator, and a variable or array containimg the target light sttate, so you don’t turn the one on that was just hit. Or one that has already been hit U

ok random generator is easy enough, do you have an example (know of any tables that already do this) that could clue me in on making sure the lights get lit and don’t flash again?

also noticing that the random number isn’t really random…. it seems to follow the same pattern over and over. I can close the table start it again and I know which light is going to blink first.

Punch it!

Unclewilly
                              Participant
                                @unclewilly

basically. When the mode starts,  set all the lights to flashing and set the array of lights to all equal 2.

Run the random number generator. And set the array for that number to 1.  Turn that numbered light to flashing.

When that numbered target gets hit set the light to on.  Set that number in the array to 0.

First check to see if all the lights are on,  check the light state array to see if they are all set to 0.  If they are mode over,  reset all the lights to off.  If not

Then run the random number generatir again.  Use a case statement with an if statement inside to compare the number to the same numbe in the lightstate array.  If it does nit equal 0 ir 1,  light the light. Else run it again through the case statememt.

Thats the best i can come up with here at work while I’m cooking.

I’m sure once you get the gist,  you will make it a nice easy way

Unclewilly
                                Participant
                                  @unclewilly

Not sure how to make the random numner generator more random

gtxjoe
                                  Participant
                                    @gtxjoe

Wish I had more time to do scripting, Fren.   You can ping me if there stuff here and there you want me to look at…

For random number, try adding the word, Randomize,  somewhere in the top of the script and see if that makes each table start different

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Wish I had more time to do scripting, Fren. You can ping me if there stuff here and there you want me to look at…

For random number, try adding the word, Randomize, somewhere in the top of the script and see if that makes each table start different

I wish you did too!

Punch it!

cyberpez
                                      Participant
                                        @cyberpez

And me too, cuz I can’t wait for this table!!

Not sure if this will help or not..  but I took the “random” number generator I was using in my athf table..  and tried to make it a bit more random.  Seems to be lighting the lights in a random order….  If that works… I think you should be able to adopt some convoluted if statments that..  if the light is lit it will skip it and pick another random light.  Again, I’m doing something similar with my athf table..  if you have completed an event (light lit) it skips it and picks another.  In my case I tell it to pick another, but I’d think you should just be able to pick another random number..  Might also be an easier way to do it too…?  I’am an idea guy not a streamline programer.. :mail: …. anywho..  let me know if this is sorta what you were thinking..  and if not..  ignore :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsf9bofr2fv9c8m/RandomLights.vpx?dl=0

freneticamnesic
                                          @freneticamnesic
                                          vipModeratorMember

Yep randomize is the key. Good fun

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

Uploaded a new version

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?