Future Pinball issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jays Arcade
    Participant
      @jthompson

I have a couple Future Pinball issues I’ve been fighting with for a couple days, and I am giving in and asking for help.

I have FP running outside PinUp just fine through BAM and have been using it in the other old frontend for quite a while with no issues. I have it set up in PinUp and I can a launch table OK, but when I exit the table, I can see my desktop and the only thing in Popper I can see is the wheel when I move left and right. The other issue is I can’t seem to record anything in FP.

I’m not having either of these problems with VP.

Any ideas where I might have gone astray?

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

two things to check.  make sure you have pinupmenu.exe running as admin.

2nd check your post launch script for FP emulator setup and see if thats ok.

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

FP may be more difficult to record depending on your method, as it uses exclusive fullscreen normally.

I was using OBS with Nvidia encoder to do my recording and that seemed to work….but I also may have had the Win 10 “new fullscreen” mode applied at that time which may have allowed that to happen.

Jays Arcade
          Participant
            @jthompson

Thanks guys. I’m running windows 7. I looked this morning before heading out the door if PinUp is set to run as admin. It is.

I’m less concerned with the recording since I don’t run that many FP tables and like Terry said, I can use OBS. I think I’ve done that in the past when the other recording solution didn’t work for me.

Is there something in particular in the FP post launch script should I be looking for? I don’t recall touching that when I set up FP in PinUp the other day. I didn’t have time this morning to look into it further.

Jays Arcade
            Participant
              @jthompson

I messed around with this briefly tonight. I didn’t see anything out of place in the launch script. I did go into the windows application logs and I see an instance of this crash every time I open FP from PinUp.

Faulting application name: PinUpDisplay.exe, version: 1.3.4.0, time stamp: 0x5b105c87
              Faulting module name: libvlccore.dll, version: 2.2.5.1, time stamp: 0x38a93891
              Exception code: 0xc0000005
              Fault offset: 0x000814fd
              Faulting process id: 0x2ad8
              Faulting application start time: 0x01d3ffb3c02bc982
              Faulting application path: C:\PinUPSystem\PinUpDisplay.exe
              Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\libvlccore.dll
              Report Id: 0eb747f5-6ba7-11e8-86e9-7446a0c27483

I am running version 2.2.8 of VLC.

TerryRed
                @terryred

Thanks guys. I’m running windows 7. I looked this morning before heading out the door if PinUp is set to run as admin. It is.

I’m less concerned with the recording since I don’t run that many FP tables and like Terry said, I can use OBS. I think I’ve done that in the past when the other recording solution didn’t work for me.

Is there something in particular in the FP post launch script should I be looking for? I don’t recall touching that when I set up FP in PinUp the other day. I didn’t have time this morning to look into it further.

Confirm that ONLY “pinupmenu.exe” is set to Run as Admin…nothing else in the entire PinUPSystem folder.

Are you running DOFLinx?

Try running launching a FP table, and after crash, close everything.
                Then try looking at and running “PinUPSystem\Launch\curlauinch.bat”    outside of Popper and see if it runs for you.
                Jays Arcade
                Participant
                  @jthompson

Yep. pinupmenu.exe is the only one running as admin.

I am running DOFLinx. it runs on windows starup via startup folder I the windows start menu.

curlaunch.bat runs the last table I opened per your instructions. Below is what is in the file.

rem FUTURE DMD. Remove “rem” on next 2 lines if you are using FutureDMD. Change the directory to where you have FutureDMD installed.

cd “c:\games\Future Pinball”
                  START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”Knight Rider (p2.5) (DOFLinx)” close=1

START “” “C:\PinUPSystem\Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Future Pinball”

rem This will load Future Pinball and your selected table using BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

START “” “C:\games\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe” /open “C:\games\Future Pinball\Tables\Knight Rider (p2.5) (DOFLinx).fpt” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Someone else seems to have a similar issue with FX3 too…. the exiting isn’t working correctly because Popper or PuP (or most likely VLC) is crashing when you launch a table. So the game may play ok….but when you exit your game, there isn’t a proper Popper to come back to.

Sadly…I’m not sure where to go from here. It was the 32 bit VLC installed…and it was left at defaults?

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Do you have geforce experience installed? Try removing that…reboot and see if that helps.

Jays Arcade
                      Participant
                        @jthompson

I just uninstalled vlc and reinstalled 2.2.8 just to be sure. No luck.

I got my hopes up when I saw that I had geforce experience installed, but uninstalling it and rebooting didn’t seem to make any difference.

I hate to say it, but I may install Windows 10 soon to see if it makes any difference. Probably on a different hard drive though. I hate starting from scratch.

widget2k13
                        Participant
                          @widget2k13

did you ever get this resolved ?

mine crashes on exit from future pinball also and left with just the wheel bar, not a problem if you have a keyboard handy to kill the process, also no recording from fp

might just take it off, only had it on for 3 tables tbh

Gilrock
                          Participant
                            @gilrock

I’ve got this exact same problem also.  After you exit a Future Pinball table it appears you are on the desktop but if I hit a menu key the PinUp menu is still active and will display and scroll.  I’ve just gotten into the habit of hitting my “e” button which is mapped to exit PinUp and then relaunching.

Jays Arcade
                            Participant
                              @jthompson

I’ve got this exact same problem also. After you exit a Future Pinball table it appears you are on the desktop but if I hit a menu key the PinUp menu is still active and will display and scroll. I’ve just gotten into the habit of hitting my “e” button which is mapped to exit PinUp and then relaunching.

Sorry for the late response. No I never got this resolved. I just stopped using FP with popper. I suspect my system is too slow to load FP with popper in the background and something is timing out.

Flash
                              Participant
                                @flash

I too have had this issue. I am using v 1.4.1 of PinUpPopper on a fresh OS. Clearly it is a VLC thing. It started after I installed VLC v2.2.6 in order to view videos. Two scenarios that happen,

1) Launching an FP table causes PinUpDisplay to crash. Table launches fine even though PinUpDisplay crashes, and I can launch it from the bat file in the “Launch” folder. Before this I was able to launch FP tables and capture BG & PF videos.

2) While recording VP tables, PinUpDisplay crashes. Same results, games still plays but PinUpDisplay is gone on exit of game Just launching a table does not crash it.

In both scenarios, you are able to return to Pin Up, but the playfield display is gone, just the wheel is showing. All games are able to launch from just the FP or VPX program fine. The error msg indicates that the libvlccore.dll file is the issue. Tried uninstalling VLC, no luck. Tried reinstalling the latest version, no luck. Renaming the libvlccore.dll file allows FP to launch without PinUpDisplay crashing. Copying a fresh version of the dll from the install pack does nothing. I am assuming that the installing of the full version of VLC caused something to get corrupted, at least as far as PinUpPopper is concerned. Maybe now it wants to use the full program instead of the version you have in the PinUp folder and it gets confused?

Error msg:

oblem signature:
                                Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                                Application Name: PinUpDisplay.exe
                                Application Version: 1.4.1.0
                                Application Timestamp: 5cbb7f43
                                Fault Module Name: libvlccore.dll
                                Fault Module Version: 2.2.5.1
                                Fault Module Timestamp: 38a93891
                                Exception Code: c0000005
                                Exception Offset: 000814fd
                                OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
                                Locale ID: 1033
                                Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                                Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                                Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                                Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
                                http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

havemusic
                                Participant
                                  @havemusic

I don’t know if this will help. but change your exit emulators in Popper config to the ESCAPE key.  I just did it on mine and now it seems to work right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?