Ghostbusters Stern LE

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Tom Tower
    Spectator
      @tomtower
      vip

Hi guys,

I’m working on stern GB Le, It will be really hard (and long work ) to script all the rules and all the Dmd video/graphics, so I would like know if someone he is begin work on spk rom.

thanks  :bye:

3 users thanked author for this post.
      toxie
      Participant
        @toxie
        VP DEVMember

nobody touched spike so far. also will be a hard task given the performance requirements.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

spike or no spike the build looks great. Would be fun just to shoot it around as a “original” build too. Impressive work Tom!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

senseless
          Participant
            @senseless

pretty awesome build, but own scripting will probably be the only option for now. JP did some awesome scripting for his table so it is possible. DMD will be a lot of work (ultraDMD?). Not heard anyone to take on Spike.

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

UltraDMD = crappy FPS for me.

Looks nice Tom – very nice indeed.

TXT11
              Participant
                @txt11

Allknowing/Daryl did a fantastic job of Stern’s KISS which is a Spike based machine, but apparently he coded the DMD from scratch in ULTRADMD……. B-)

Phil Docker
                Participant
                  @dock

The Kiss tribute table was a difficult job for anyone to take on.   This is even BIGGER !

Have read that DMD scenes can be taken from the Spike game rom.

I am sure that some clever person on these forums will be able to run linux on a ‘virtual machine’ and some how port it to work these SPIKE tables.

Likewise – Pinball 2000.  Nucore can be run on a virtual machine so I am sure that could work in Vpinmame some how.  I know someone did start this a few years ago and got forced to stop due to NuCore.  But lets face it – Nucore is gone now – they keep saying they will be back but nothing shows up.

This table looks amazing @Tom Tower.  I really hope you can get the information on rule set you require.

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

Nucore as a product may not be around. The principals and their lawyers are definitely still around!

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Just a suggestion: How about an old school LCD version of Ghostbuster? The DMD is least important to me as a player. I certainly appreciate a good animation, but mainly only check the DMD when someone else is playing and I’m waiting for my turn!

That said, I realize mode scripting would still be a lot of work even with LCD scoring. Thanks for your effort, Tom! Table is looking really great.

:D

Scottywic
                      Participant
                        @scottywic

I’ve done a good bit of ultradmd work and also can rip out the scenes and convert for ultradmd. Also can show ya how if you’re interested in building this from scratch.

I did this in green, b/c you know i like green, but if someone had a screentext / colordmd text file made i could rip it in full color.

Check it out here – https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PxIdi4ouJed3JsNGVJM2VVYlU/view

Also as a note this is just a sample, obvi I could rip the whole thing if you wanted.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        Tom Tower
                        Spectator
                          @tomtower
                          vip

Oh, really good Scott, thank you for very much, great work  :good:

this is my last wip, I think it’s at 80% of build, now the hardest work will be the script

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Scottywic
                          Participant
                            @scottywic

So would you like me to do a full rip of the DMD scenes for you? I’d be happy to but want to make sure it’s not something you don’t need. Wasn’t sure if you were going to try to figure out how to get into the spike directly or go with ultradmd.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

That looks amazing.

Ecktown
                              Participant
                                @ecktown

Yes, it looks awesome and a lot better than the preview from the Stern Pinball Arcade. Is there any progress on this? The work you did so far just looks amazing!

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

Just catching up on some site posts… Wow is all I gotta say, looking good!

CarnyPriest
                                  Participant
                                    @carnypriest

Yeah… I don’t think the OP is going to see this here after the treatment he’s received.

Neofr45
                                    Participant
                                      @neofr45

:yahoo:tom just :yahoo: very very great job

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

He was never going to post it here anyways lol

Yeah… I don’t think the OP is going to see this here after the treatment he’s received.

Punch it!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Fren your correct tom has not shared his work here since June 2016. Which is fine everyone knows where they can get his stuff. Thankfully ninuzzu has always shared here but I suspect that may stop? I sure hope not!

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Tom Tower
                                          Spectator
                                            @tomtower
                                            vip

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?