Gilligan's Island (Bally 1991) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant
      @alandee

Bloody hell. What a table. Plays great, looks stunning & to top it off as a complete hopeless case I feel like I have some ownership of this table thanks to your awesome  WIP thread. Just stunning and an instant fave.

Thankyou everyone involved for making such an amazing table. It is truly next generation.

Cheers,

al

EDIT : Got a ball stuck in the left hand outlane right in the corner where the wires are. Couldn’t nudge out had to quit out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

The table is gorgeous, amazing work! That turntable is just incredible. Randr’s video makes me wonder what’s up the wire ramps. Everything is photorealistic quality until he gets to those. I see this a lot on other VP tables too, and I’m curious if anyone knows why? (I’m wondering if something needs to be improved in VP itself).

It’s the angle the wires are at, I can assure you the model of the wires is very smooth and if you run VP with brute force 4x and quality anti aliasing it’s better than shown there but I agree, VP anti-aliasing seems to come at such a high cost.  They look smoother in my screen grabs because I have full anti aliasing on, they could be smoother though, check out my sketchfab version of the table to see up close and personal just how smooth they really are! ;)

3dcreation

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

Bloody hell. What a table. Plays great, looks stunning & to top it off as a complete hopeless case I feel like I have some ownership of this table thanks to your awesome WIP thread. Just stunning and an instant fave. Thankyou everyone involved for making such an amazing table. It is truly next generation. Cheers, al EDIT : Got a ball stuck in the left hand outlane right in the corner where the wires are. Couldn’t nudge out had to quit out.

Can’t say we’ve experienced this, but I’ll have Michael look into it, if you could re-create it again and get a screen shot might be helpful.

3dcreation

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Teamwork as it should be – thanks Guys …

Thank you Ben :good:
            Thank you Dark :good:
            Thank you ICP :good:
            Thank you Michael :good:
            Thank you John :good:
            Thank you Arngrim :good:
            Thank you Eric :good:
            Thank you Fren :good:
            Thank you LW :good:
            Thank you Zany :good:
            Thank you VP Dev Team and Thank you randr :yahoo:

takut
            Participant
              @takut
              MemberContributor

This table is amazing  :good:

Thanks a lot to all involved people, thanks for sharing  :bye:

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Thanks again …

gi_vpx-1

Attachments:
                ninuzzu
                Participant
                  @ninuzzu
                  vipMember

Great work guys, so much details, I love details :)

@dark
                  you baked some reflections on the clear plastics, plastic ramp too, that’s neat. Love the bumper lights.

Thanks to all involved

This is a WPC so modulated flashers should work ;)

Since zany owns the real table, why don’t you sample some sound effects? e.g wire ramps, kickers, plastic ramps.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Wheel Image here: http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=43427

Mark70
                    Participant
                      @mark70

Thanks to everyone involved for the time and work you put into this Masterpiece.

It looks and plays really amazing.

The plastic ramp is eye candy again (like on LAH), I lost at least one ball while looking at it. :)
                      And when the ball passes through, it makes the perfect mechanical sound! Yeah, I just love that stuff. :)

Without the posibility to compare with the real table, I could imagine to increase the
                      flipper return speed a bit. But that’s of course just personal taste.
                      Thanks again everyone involved

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

EDIT : Got a ball stuck in the left hand outlane right in the corner where the wires are. Couldn’t nudge out had to quit out.

Are you referring to where the kickback is?  I had a ball catch there, but not get stuck.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

Great work guys, so much details, I love details :) @dark you baked some reflections on the clear plastics, plastic ramp too, that’s neat. Love the bumper lights. Thanks to all involved This is a WPC so modulated flashers should work ;) Since zany owns the real table, why don’t you sample some sound effects? e.g wire ramps, kickers, plastic ramps.

zany is actually supposed to be recording some sounds for us and will likely make their way into a small update.  We we’re satisfied enough with the sounds we had for a release.

3dcreation

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

I just out of words on this one. This is amazing work guys and it plays fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. Time to play some (visual) pinball B-) .

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

This looks fantastic guys, downloading it now…. can’t wait to play.  Thanks all involved.

What I don’t understand about Gilligan’s Island though, is why didn’t they realise that Maryann was WAY HOTTER! than Ginger? ;)

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

Great work and thanks to everyone Involved.  Love the detail, effort, and enjoyed reading about the whole process along the way.

This table raises the bar once again.

CarnyPriest
                                Participant
                                  @carnypriest

This looks fantastic guys, downloading it now…. can’t wait to play. Thanks all involved. What I don’t understand about Gilligan’s Island though, is why didn’t they realise that Maryann was WAY HOTTER! than Ginger? ;)

Well, this table is for you then. There’s no Ginger at all!

Dark
                                    @dark
                                    vipMemberContributor

This looks fantastic guys, downloading it now…. can’t wait to play. Thanks all involved. What I don’t understand about Gilligan’s Island though, is why didn’t they realise that Maryann was WAY HOTTER! than Ginger? ;)

Well, this table is for you then. There’s no Ginger at all!

They never could acquire the rights to her likeness so they had to obscure her face and make her blonde.

3dcreation

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Just posted a 1.1 update with new modulated flasher routine added by djrobx.

As well as some minor changes to left out lane.

3dcreation

vogliadicane
                                      Participant
                                        @vogliadicane

Uff, this is top notch. Buttersmooth play and great graphics! I love the top kick hole physics and look. :yahoo:

vogliadicane
                                        Participant
                                          @vogliadicane

just one question:

is there a reason, that most of the newer tables (like this one) don’t have a coin-in-sound?

senseless
                                          Participant
                                            @senseless

Hi Randr, nice movie showing of this great table. Would you mind sharing your FS table settings?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 142 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?