Gilligan's Island (Bally 1991) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

With Pinsound i get a horrible repeating broww broww for lack of a better term, for the first ball.  The voices are really what annoy me, that and the constant song repeat.

Is there another source for the voices?  They seem very mono so not sure what can be achieved.

I have barely played with Pinsound but am willing to take a swing at improving this file

Ideas welcome  :good:

Dazz
      Participant
        @dazz

Anyone happen to know why I wouldn’t be getting any rom/game sound on this table?  As far as I can tell this is the only game that I’m not getting any sound with. I do get ball rolling sounds, but no music/voice.

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

Anyone happen to know why I wouldn’t be getting any rom/game sound on this table? As far as I can tell this is the only game that I’m not getting any sound with. I do get ball rolling sounds, but no music/voice.

This problem persists after reloading the table?  Maybe try deleting the nvram or restoring factory settings,  I’ve had the same problem on rare occasions but a restart of the game always seemed to fix it.

3dcreation

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Anyone happen to know why I wouldn’t be getting any rom/game sound on this table? As far as I can tell this is the only game that I’m not getting any sound with. I do get ball rolling sounds, but no music/voice.

either delete nvram or make sure you have samples for mame installed

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Scooby
            Participant
              @scooby

This is a real fun table, thanks for sharing!  I’m noticing a bit more “bounce” on the ball (than other recent tables), most notably off the flippers.  I have tried adjusting the physics, ball, friction, slope settings, but can’t seem to dial in less bounce.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ICPjuggla
                @icpjuggla
                MembervipModerator

Maybe the other tables your playing don’t have enough “bounce”

Listen I get it everyone wants every VP table to play and feel the same. Truth of the matter is if you actually play real pinball this isn’t the case. Not every real world pinball table is going to play the same or feel the same. You can line up 5 diffrent Gilligan’s tables next to each other and each will play slightly diffrent and that can be said for any real pinball machine. I have access to a real Gilligan’s and Zany owns one this table plays very, very, very close to a real Gilligan’s.

Honestly and this is just my opinion 75% of VP tabels are way too easy and don’t come close to there real world counterpart. Most play way too flat and have no bounce at all. I’m not saying this to take a shot at anyone and I don’t claim to be a physics expert by any means. One thing I do though is play way more real pinball than VP. When we throw in (insert table) after playing the real one on our cab the 1st thing my wife says is there isn’t enough bounce around the table and the ball feels like its greased up and just sliding across the playfield. I’d have to agree with her statement 100%.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

…or you could just edit the flipper physics settings to your liking.  It’s pretty easy.

Scooby
                  Participant
                    @scooby

While I agree that VP can be easier than real pinball, I was simply hoping to understand how I could adjust a table to play a bit different.  Not everyone plays with the same settings/physics, so it comes down to personal preference.

If anyone is willing to help me understand making adjustments like this, I would appreciate it.

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

There probably needs to be a centralized newbie guide to flipper settings somewhere (the info is scattered but easily found with searches)… but these guys’ Giligans Island table thread isn’t the place for it.

I’ll try to put a brief post about it in the next couple days if I have time.

Short version… I don’t remember what the default coil ramp up is on this table, but if it’s 0 then raise it to 2… that will eliminate a lot of the “springboard” effect in the flippers.

Scooby
                      Participant
                        @scooby

I didn’t intend to hijack the Gilligan thread.  Since my question was specific to this table, I thought it was the place to ask.  This really is a great table and I hope no one read this any other way.  Feel free to delete my posts.

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

I didn’t intend to hijack the Gilligan thread. Since my question was specific to this table, I thought it was the place to ask. This really is a great table and I hope no one read this any other way. Feel free to delete my posts.

You’re fine… I just meant if someone was going to do a tutorial on that stuff it should be in a new thread so this one doesn’t get off track, and also so that if other people are also looking for the info they can find it.

gavb73
                          Participant
                            @gavb73

This really is an outstanding table. Looks stunning and plays beautifully. Thank you

Koolywiz
                            Participant
                              @koolywiz

Awesome table!!  Great job on this, plays great.  Could anyone share their FS settings on this if they changed it from the default.  On my cab the back  of the table appears squished and isn’t using the full screen.  Thanks again

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

Awesome table!! Great job on this, plays great. Could anyone share their FS settings on this if they changed it from the default. On my cab the back of the table appears squished and isn’t using the full screen. Thanks again

Looks good on my cab, but I would suggest using the light camera mode from the editor from the table menu to find a look that appeals to you.

3dcreation

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

Awesome table!! Great job on this, plays great. Could anyone share their FS settings on this if they changed it from the default. On my cab the back of the table appears squished and isn’t using the full screen. Thanks again

Here’s mine…. I’ve probably not finished tweaking my settings yet, but it may give you a start.

Sven34
                                  Participant
                                    @sven34

Thank you Dark I love this table. Wonderful  :yes:

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

@Sven34  Thanks for the kind words I’m glad to hear you like it, though I must say it was a team effort.  B-)

3dcreation

leodios262000
                                      Participant
                                        @leonardo

thanks!!!

TNT2
                                        Participant
                                          @tnt2

Great work on this table!  :good:

brendo
                                          Participant
                                            @brendobarnett04

Hi just recently downloaded this and am having trouble with the jungle run. It worked properly the first time I played it and now when I activate the jungle run, it will go as far as the ramp and then roll back down no matter how well I hit it up there. I have attached a video. Any ideas.

Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 142 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?