This topic contains 99 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of leodios262000 leodios262000 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Dark Dark 
    Participant
    vipMemberContributor

Thanks Dark It’s working now. Speech is somewhat distorted. Hope there will be a fix or update to that soon. Fun Table! Thanks everyone for all your time and hard work on it.

There are some other users who have had issues with the speech/sound quality. Djrobx posted a solution earlier in this support topic.  Apparently either the poor quality sound is something that affects you or not.  Even if the sound is working correctly it’s not the best quality to begin with.

3dcreation

1+

Some users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of DJRobX DJRobX 
    Participant

Yep, what Dark said.

If you use Pinsound with the samples link I referenced, you instead listen to recordings from a real machine than the emulated audio from VPM.  It initially starts out bugged for a minute, but then it works.  It’s really not any better.    The voices are slightly more on pitch during the singing (ugh) and a touch smoother, but overall it’s not great.

I think the problem is the table visuals are so beautifully done, it feels like it needs better quality audio.

2+

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Profile gravatar of Jesperpark Jesperpark 
    Participant

With Pinsound i get a horrible repeating broww broww for lack of a better term, for the first ball.  The voices are really what annoy me, that and the constant song repeat.

Is there another source for the voices?  They seem very mono so not sure what can be achieved.

I have barely played with Pinsound but am willing to take a swing at improving this file

Ideas welcome  :good:

Profile gravatar of Dazz Dazz 
    Participant

Anyone happen to know why I wouldn’t be getting any rom/game sound on this table?  As far as I can tell this is the only game that I’m not getting any sound with. I do get ball rolling sounds, but no music/voice.

Participant
    vipMemberContributor

Anyone happen to know why I wouldn’t be getting any rom/game sound on this table? As far as I can tell this is the only game that I’m not getting any sound with. I do get ball rolling sounds, but no music/voice.

This problem persists after reloading the table?  Maybe try deleting the nvram or restoring factory settings,  I’ve had the same problem on rare occasions but a restart of the game always seemed to fix it.

3dcreation

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Anyone happen to know why I wouldn’t be getting any rom/game sound on this table? As far as I can tell this is the only game that I’m not getting any sound with. I do get ball rolling sounds, but no music/voice.

either delete nvram or make sure you have samples for mame installed

Profile gravatar of Scooby Scooby 
    Participant

This is a real fun table, thanks for sharing!  I’m noticing a bit more “bounce” on the ball (than other recent tables), most notably off the flippers.  I have tried adjusting the physics, ball, friction, slope settings, but can’t seem to dial in less bounce.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Profile gravatar of ICPjuggla ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Maybe the other tables your playing don’t have enough “bounce”

Listen I get it everyone wants every VP table to play and feel the same. Truth of the matter is if you actually play real pinball this isn’t the case. Not every real world pinball table is going to play the same or feel the same. You can line up 5 diffrent Gilligan’s tables next to each other and each will play slightly diffrent and that can be said for any real pinball machine. I have access to a real Gilligan’s and Zany owns one this table plays very, very, very close to a real Gilligan’s.

Honestly and this is just my opinion 75% of VP tabels are way too easy and don’t come close to there real world counterpart. Most play way too flat and have no bounce at all. I’m not saying this to take a shot at anyone and I don’t claim to be a physics expert by any means. One thing I do though is play way more real pinball than VP. When we throw in (insert table) after playing the real one on our cab the 1st thing my wife says is there isn’t enough bounce around the table and the ball feels like its greased up and just sliding across the playfield. I’d have to agree with her statement 100%.

3+

Profile gravatar of Drybonz Drybonz 
    Participant

…or you could just edit the flipper physics settings to your liking.  It’s pretty easy.

Participant

While I agree that VP can be easier than real pinball, I was simply hoping to understand how I could adjust a table to play a bit different.  Not everyone plays with the same settings/physics, so it comes down to personal preference.

If anyone is willing to help me understand making adjustments like this, I would appreciate it.

Participant

There probably needs to be a centralized newbie guide to flipper settings somewhere (the info is scattered but easily found with searches)… but these guys’ Giligans Island table thread isn’t the place for it.

I’ll try to put a brief post about it in the next couple days if I have time.

Short version… I don’t remember what the default coil ramp up is on this table, but if it’s 0 then raise it to 2… that will eliminate a lot of the “springboard” effect in the flippers.

Participant

I didn’t intend to hijack the Gilligan thread.  Since my question was specific to this table, I thought it was the place to ask.  This really is a great table and I hope no one read this any other way.  Feel free to delete my posts.

Participant

I didn’t intend to hijack the Gilligan thread. Since my question was specific to this table, I thought it was the place to ask. This really is a great table and I hope no one read this any other way. Feel free to delete my posts.

You’re fine… I just meant if someone was going to do a tutorial on that stuff it should be in a new thread so this one doesn’t get off track, and also so that if other people are also looking for the info they can find it.

1+

Profile gravatar of gavb73 gavb73 
    Participant

This really is an outstanding table. Looks stunning and plays beautifully. Thank you

2+

Profile gravatar of Koolywiz Koolywiz 
    Participant

Awesome table!!  Great job on this, plays great.  Could anyone share their FS settings on this if they changed it from the default.  On my cab the back  of the table appears squished and isn’t using the full screen.  Thanks again

Participant
    vipMemberContributor

Awesome table!! Great job on this, plays great. Could anyone share their FS settings on this if they changed it from the default. On my cab the back of the table appears squished and isn’t using the full screen. Thanks again

Looks good on my cab, but I would suggest using the light camera mode from the editor from the table menu to find a look that appeals to you.

3dcreation

Profile gravatar of RustyCardores RustyCardores 
    Participant

Awesome table!! Great job on this, plays great. Could anyone share their FS settings on this if they changed it from the default. On my cab the back of the table appears squished and isn’t using the full screen. Thanks again

Here’s mine…. I’ve probably not finished tweaking my settings yet, but it may give you a start.

Profile gravatar of Sven34 Sven34 
    Participant

Thank you Dark I love this table. Wonderful  :yes:

2+

Participant
    vipMemberContributor

@sven34  Thanks for the kind words I’m glad to hear you like it, though I must say it was a team effort.  B-)

3dcreation

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Profile gravatar of Dark Dark.
    Profile gravatar of leodios262000 leodios262000 
    Participant

thanks!!!

1+

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account