Gottlieb Black Hole

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

First off happy July 4th (Independence Day) to any Americans here.

Secondly a question about Black Hole by Gottlieb.  As i don’t have a real machine as of yet, i thought I would ask if anyone has ever played a real Black Hole machine and what their thoughts are of it.  I am looking for my first and maybe only real machine… okay lets face it first and many more to come  :yahoo:

I know this is a virtual machine pinball site but I know a bunch of people here play the real deals as well.  Always like to hear what people think

Thanks in Advance

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Black hole is a great pinball! But I will say as with anything the newness of it will not last long and you will be getting more I’ve found late 80’s and 90’s pinballs have best replay ability so keep that in mind. Black hole you can’t go wrong really

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Personally it’s one of my favorite machines. I got to play one at Seattle Pinball Museum and was hooked. I’ve looked into buying one as well but my take away is that it’s not a machine for newbs like us (I don’t own a real pinball machine yet). It’s one of the heavier pins, and it’s big and really hard to work on. I’d stay away from it until you got more familiar. However… If you’re mechanically inclined and it really has the possibility of being your only machine, maybe go for it if the price is right. It’s not a deep machine but it’s challenging and has fun art in my opinion.

Punch it!

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

I agree with randr I think the late 80s-90s tables have more replay value but it depends on what you like. As Fren said the art is very cool.

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

You guys probably already know this, but it was the first machine with the reverse lower playfield.  It’s also the only table I absolutely have to run the backglass in .exe to play it… lol.

There’s a beta by Cyberpez that is almost complete.  I’m not sure if he is still working on it.  I was actually just messing around with it last night, trying to figure out how to fix the balls on the apron.

Pinball Shawn
              Participant
                @pinballshawn

I had a real one, as mentioned before this is not a great choice for a first machine. System 80s are unstable and hard to keep running. Especially since they are old now, and honestly were constantly broken when they were new (trust me, I was there).  On top of that it’s a complex game mechanically because of the lower pf. They need all kinds of ground mods done to make them stable, then you have to replace the interconnector and hopefully it doesn’t have battery damage from the crappy sentry unit, on top of it they weren’t firewalled at all so if something sticks it will fry out coils. Again, great game but not for the beginner. Bally’s are the most simple solid state games for beginners, easy to fix, rock stable, easy to get replacement boards.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?