This topic contains 41 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  randr 2 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
     Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

The game of the week for 11-12 to 11-18-2017 =was chosen by bord.  bord loves chimes, and has selected a chime-rich option for this week’s GOTW, which is Torch (Gottlieb 1980)

If you are new to the Game of the Week at Vpinball.com, please join the fun!  You may find the following links helpful:

Some users who have liked this topic:

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

So first thing I found that wasn’t right is the target in the upper right is sticking through the plastic.  Select sw12 and set the Z to -12.  :) and I need to play more before posting scores  :scratch:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

The wife says game on. Her score currently is 168500 and she said you all suck.

She is not a nice person at all I’m sorry

oh I notice all plastic edges are pinkish too

• This reply was modified 6 days, 1 hour ago by  randr.

Attachments:
     rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Bring it Kristen!

Love this pick for a table! Nice work @borgdog!

Attachments:
     BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

The wife says game on. Her score currently is 168500 and she said you all suck. She is not a nice person at all I’m sorry oh I notice all plastic edges are pinkish too

yeah, I don’t see pink.  looks like I screwed up some materials at some point, will get an update at some point after ya’ll find all the issues.

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

ROFL. Since I have laptop with fairly low resolution I had to scroll before seeing your wife. Game on :)

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

I was going to wait a while for a table update, but found a major bug in my script.  The two bottom rollovers for Right Roto Value and Left Roto Value would only light “2” instead of what was on the target.  I fixed that and the plastics materials and the target sticking through the plastic. So download version 0.96 for the updates.  http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/torch-gottlieb-1980/

Also to be fair we should all make sure to use the torch.nv file I included in the download as it sets a couple important things, it sets the replay values to what is shown on the replay card, and sets replays to be extra balls, and it sets it to 5 ball. (default nvram has none of those). copy to your visual pinball\vpinmame\nvram folder, replace the one in there.  I did have that file in all the downloads.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Ah dang… all scores are disqualified.. boo hoo hoo…

• This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by  arconovum.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Ok my score. I did manage a free ball!

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Randr… now she is looking at you taking the photo right? hmmmm guess it’s one of those married couple days!

• This reply was modified 5 days ago by  arconovum.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I have 10 games left.

Attachments:
     BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

not counting, but complete games definitely not over the limit. testing a couple updates on the laptop had a really good first ball so completed the game

504,340 hopefully not disqualified if you’re the one that made the table.  :scratch:

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

CRAP! Well i got some games left yet and the wife has like 40 games left to play

Jesperpark 
    Participant

not counting, but complete games definitely not over the limit. testing a couple updates on the laptop had a really good first ball so completed the game 504,340 hopefully not disqualified if you’re the one that made the table. :scratch:

Not disqualified, just you know the rules, unlike the rest of us just smacking the ball around :yes:   Oh is that just me?

Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

I’ve played about 25 games, and my high so far is 244,260.  Not quite there yet, but I’m learning some techniques.

I’m feeling pretty confident that I’ll beat borgdog’s score, so I’ll start working on my “Interview with the Champion” video series that I know you all have been eagerly awaiting.  I may do some live webcasts as well, so you can ask your questions (things like “when did you realize you were great at pinball?”, etc.)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Proof that the wife is playing. She knows to go for drop targets at least.

I get home from work and first thing she asks is if we are going to play torch. LOL

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Tell her to nudge upwards if it goes down the out lanes. Saved more than a few that way.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Yes we have saved many that way to. Really is a fun game. I like the games where you cannot cradle the ball as normal or it drains really makes you think

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Absolutely. Must admit, those chimes really makes a difference. :good:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Big difference with real chimes i agree. I’m upstairs and i swear she is playing a real machine downstairs. i guess she kinda is really

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account