This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  CarnyPriest 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
     Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

The game of the week for February 11 to 17 was selected by randr.  It is Darling by Borgdog.

Please post your scores this week by replying to this post.

If you are new to the Game of the Week at Vpinball.com, please join the fun!  You may find the following links helpful:

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Scotty VH.
     Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

Randr…. we need a decision here!  I’m ready to play, and have my game face on.

bord 
    Participant

@randr is holding out for the eventual upload of Taito Sure Shot this evening… :twisted:

Some users who have liked this topic:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Sorry got busy.. I will choose…..Darling by Borgdog as its a tough game and good looking build

We need a POP front end signature!

bord 
    Participant

GREAT choice.

Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

Great choice!

Plus, Darling has a super-nice wheel art made from a vector redraw, so we can all better enjoy the PinballX experience when selecting the table.  Somebody must have spent a lot of time on that wheel art!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Only had time for one quick game but here is the score. Only got the one speacial and I really do hate the looping balls! Lol very frustrating as it seems so simple!

Attachments:
     HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

Great choice! Plus, Darling has a super-nice wheel art made from a vector redraw, so we can all better enjoy the PinballX experience when selecting the table. Somebody must have spent a lot of time on that wheel art!

plus plus it has a vector pf image…  super clean from one end to the other

Scotty VH this could use your vector skills for some new plastics  ;)

jbg4208 
    Participant

I barely had to do anything. the kickers did all the work. back and forth, back and forth.

Attachments:
     Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

This is a good table for testing how the change of difficulty level influences the kickers. Of course. Don’t change that and report your scores :)

Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

DUDES!  Did you all just hear what I heard?  THE HauntFreaks gave me a shout out saying I’ve got vector skillz!!  If he actually saw my  “skills”  in action, I suspect he may tweak his wording a bit, but those are just details.

Regardless, I accept the challenge to work on the Darling plastics.  I can see the problems/opportunities with the current image file used for the plastics, but I’m not sure about what to do to fix the issues.

I’ll take the post to the table discussion to clarify, but for now, I’ve attached an image of my work so far (the middle L and R, and the lower L).  But, specifically NOT the lower right.

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

HA!

What does haunt know about graphics?!

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

DUDES! Did you all just hear what I heard? THE HauntFreaks gave me a shout out saying I’ve got vector skillz!! If he actually saw my “skills” in action, I suspect he may tweak his wording a bit, but those are just details. Regardless, I accept the challenge to work on the Darling plastics. I can see the problems/opportunities with the current image file used for the plastics, but I’m not sure about what to do to fix the issues. I’ll take the post to the table discussion to clarify, but for now, I’ve attached an image of my work so far (the middle L and R, and the lower L). But, specifically NOT the lower right.

see that what I’m Fing talkin’ about… awesome… and they can be used for two table now… make sure to hand them off to borg when your ready… thanks man

Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

I posted the plastics for Borgdog’s consideration on the Darling support thread

I wasn’t sure how he may want to incorporate these (resize the image file I made, or rejigger the plastics on the table file, etc.)   The images are attached here too, if you want to swap them into the table.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Scotty VH.
    Attachments:
     Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

With improved plastics, it seems that jbg4208’s score should be easily beat!

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Played this yesterday. Exactly 8k behind jbg at the moment. And thank you Scott for your work on the new plastics !

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Thalamus.

Scottacus 
    Participant

I love this table with the captured balls and the lower kickers.

Attachments:
     doogie 
    Participant

well I only managed to break 100K a couple times, but this was one of them:

Attachments:
     Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

Man, I really like this table, but I really suck at it.

Scottacus, although Doogie slightly beat your score, you are still get the honors of selecting this week’s Game of the Week, since doogie chose last week.  So, what’s it gonna be?

Scottacus 
    Participant

I found that the trick to Darling is to nudge with right kicker shots to get the ball back to the right and just play the ball for left kicker shots since it usually doesn’t go to the right kicker but nudge if it is heading for the right out lane.  The biggest problem is letting the tilt plum calm down between nudges because with my table it is really easy to tilt if you get too aggressive with successive  nudges and then all of the bonus points you worked so hard for go out the window…

I’m torn between two tables.  Since it is the “Year of the Dog” it would seem to be appropriate to choose another BorgDog table like his really fun and different Nobs table but I’ve heard that the Bart Boys are back out there terrorizing a small town out west.  I’m going with the PRoc Cactus Canyon Continued table with a bonus shout-out to the person who gets the highest “Drunk Multiball”.    The new modes add a lot to the game and I find the voice tracks to be among the best out there “I’ll drink to that”, “Now go out there and do something”, “Oh Honey just shoot anything”, “Our poor town is doomed”…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account