GOTW February 11-17 – Darling by borgdog

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Scotty VH
      @scottt
      ModeratorMember

The game of the week for February 11 to 17 was selected by randr.  It is Darling by Borgdog.

Please post your scores this week by replying to this post.

If you are new to the Game of the Week at Vpinball.com, please join the fun!  You may find the following links helpful:

Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

Randr…. we need a decision here!  I’m ready to play, and have my game face on.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

@randr is holding out for the eventual upload of Taito Sure Shot this evening… :twisted:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Sorry got busy.. I will choose…..Darling by Borgdog as its a tough game and good looking build

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

GREAT choice.

Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

Great choice!

Plus, Darling has a super-nice wheel art made from a vector redraw, so we can all better enjoy the PinballX experience when selecting the table.  Somebody must have spent a lot of time on that wheel art!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

F7CBDAE8-8353-4B10-9F50-09E17E249958

Only had time for one quick game but here is the score. Only got the one speacial and I really do hate the looping balls! Lol very frustrating as it seems so simple!

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

Great choice! Plus, Darling has a super-nice wheel art made from a vector redraw, so we can all better enjoy the PinballX experience when selecting the table. Somebody must have spent a lot of time on that wheel art!

plus plus it has a vector pf image…  super clean from one end to the other

Scotty VH this could use your vector skills for some new plastics  ;)

jbg4208
                    Participant
                      @jbg4208

I barely had to do anything. the kickers did all the work. back and forth, back and forth.

Darling

Attachments:
                      Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

This is a good table for testing how the change of difficulty level influences the kickers. Of course. Don’t change that and report your scores :)

Scotty VH
                          @scottt
                          ModeratorMember

DUDES!  Did you all just hear what I heard?  THE HauntFreaks gave me a shout out saying I’ve got vector skillz!!  If he actually saw my  “skills”  in action, I suspect he may tweak his wording a bit, but those are just details.

Regardless, I accept the challenge to work on the Darling plastics.  I can see the problems/opportunities with the current image file used for the plastics, but I’m not sure about what to do to fix the issues.

I’ll take the post to the table discussion to clarify, but for now, I’ve attached an image of my work so far (the middle L and R, and the lower L).  But, specifically NOT the lower right.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

HA!

What does haunt know about graphics?!

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

DUDES! Did you all just hear what I heard? THE HauntFreaks gave me a shout out saying I’ve got vector skillz!! If he actually saw my “skills” in action, I suspect he may tweak his wording a bit, but those are just details. Regardless, I accept the challenge to work on the Darling plastics. I can see the problems/opportunities with the current image file used for the plastics, but I’m not sure about what to do to fix the issues. I’ll take the post to the table discussion to clarify, but for now, I’ve attached an image of my work so far (the middle L and R, and the lower L). But, specifically NOT the lower right.

see that what I’m Fing talkin’ about… awesome… and they can be used for two table now… make sure to hand them off to borg when your ready… thanks man

Scotty VH
                                @scottt
                                ModeratorMember

I posted the plastics for Borgdog’s consideration on the Darling support thread

I wasn’t sure how he may want to incorporate these (resize the image file I made, or rejigger the plastics on the table file, etc.)   The images are attached here too, if you want to swap them into the table.

Screen-Shot-02-14-18-at-07.57-PM-1

Scotty VH
                                  @scottt
                                  ModeratorMember

With improved plastics, it seems that jbg4208’s score should be easily beat!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Played this yesterday. Exactly 8k behind jbg at the moment. And thank you Scott for your work on the new plastics !

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

I love this table with the captured balls and the lower kickers.

doogie
                                      Participant
                                        @doogie

well I only managed to break 100K a couple times, but this was one of them:

darling

Attachments:
                                        Scotty VH
                                          @scottt
                                          ModeratorMember

Man, I really like this table, but I really suck at it.

Scottacus, although Doogie slightly beat your score, you are still get the honors of selecting this week’s Game of the Week, since doogie chose last week.  So, what’s it gonna be?

Scottacus
                                          Participant
                                            @scottacus
                                            MembervipContributor

I found that the trick to Darling is to nudge with right kicker shots to get the ball back to the right and just play the ball for left kicker shots since it usually doesn’t go to the right kicker but nudge if it is heading for the right out lane.  The biggest problem is letting the tilt plum calm down between nudges because with my table it is really easy to tilt if you get too aggressive with successive  nudges and then all of the bonus points you worked so hard for go out the window…

I’m torn between two tables.  Since it is the “Year of the Dog” it would seem to be appropriate to choose another BorgDog table like his really fun and different Nobs table but I’ve heard that the Bart Boys are back out there terrorizing a small town out west.  I’m going with the PRoc Cactus Canyon Continued table with a bonus shout-out to the person who gets the highest “Drunk Multiball”.    The new modes add a lot to the game and I find the voice tracks to be among the best out there “I’ll drink to that”, “Now go out there and do something”, “Oh Honey just shoot anything”, “Our poor town is doomed”…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?