Gridiron (Gottlieb 1977)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=62428

Gridiron was a two player version of Gottlieb’s “Pro Football.”  Pinuck wrote the original b2s exe table and I updated the table to directb2s and DOF.  There is a FreePlay variable in the script that can be changed to “False” if you want to make the table require coin up.

Thanks to Loserman76 for his help in making the table.

Thanks to Xenonph for his hours of testing to make sure that I didn’t bugger up the code.

Thanks to Pinuck for making such a great table and giving me the green light to update it.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Even a while since I played the vp9 version! Thanks for this update to vpx :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

randr, it is VPT, then Vp9 …

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

@scottacus Why not make it at least a PM5 while your on it ? :whistle:

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

… PM5, yes … here are the Basics from gtxjoe:

Open Table ( with PhysMod 5 Version )

Click on Backdrop button.

In Options window, in Physics, change Gravity Constant to 1 and Playfield Friction to 0.05 (Adjust this if you want more/less ball spin when hitting objects)

Unclick the Backdrop button

Select flippers and change settings: Mass 1, Strength around ~2200 to 2800 for modern SS tables or ~1300 for older EM tables. Elasticity 0.8-0.9

Increase the force on Slings, Bumpers and Kickers by 20%

Increase the elasticity on any rubbers or posts that you think should have more rebound.

You can compare values with the Physmod tables that you like…

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

Interesting thoughts!

I built my cab about a year ago and in the last year I’ve been downloading tons of tables and other files so I figured that it was time to give something back to the community.  I’m not in a computer related field but have been messing around with them since the days of Apple ][ so I have some limited computer skills, just nowhere near what some folks here have.

My thoughts for progressing towards giving something back was:

-Find some tables that are exe that I really like (Capersville and Gridiron) and really find out how they work.  Look at different coding styles and see how complex things like zipper flippers, vari-targets and ball captures work.

-Update them to directb2s to work on scripting skills

-Understand how to add DOF to tables

-Make a new directb2s backglass for them that can be used for VPX

-Release them to the community

-Remake them as VPX tables!

So you can see that releasing these tables is just a step towards being able to author VPX tables.  This is a pretty lofty goal right now but every day I am learning new things about building tables by tearing great VPX tables apart.  Earlier last week it was working with vector graphics in Inkscape to redraw the Capersville playfield, line by line.

capersville playfield

Yesterday it was learning about primitives and how to copy, move and adjust them.  Each of these is a baby step towards the final goal but each one is one step closer.  Couple that with the help of forum members and I think that I can pull this off, it will just take a fair bit of time.   :mail:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

… played now, so this one isnt needed for PM5, Plays very well on VP9 too :good:
                  Thanks !

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

@scottacus Understand you completely. I’m also playing around and it is a lot of fun. Far from able to make myself a vpx table yet though. Don’t be afraid to ask those questions.

If they get answered I’ll learn something from those answers as well ;-) And, btw. thank you for these two conversions.

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Yes! Thanks, Scottacus, Xenonph, Loserman, and Pinuck! This is a favorite at our place. My ten year old and I battle it out on this Pinuck classic often. Really glad you preserved the “Pinuck look,” as his tables are among the most beautiful from VP9. Love the shadows and extra care with shading of assets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?