Gulfstream (Williams 1973)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/gulfstream-williams-1973/

Gulfstream is a Bally game from 1973 that features a nine segment grid in the middle of the play field that forms a tic-tac-toe game for scoring bonuses like replays and extra balls.  The B2S backglass is included in the zip file.

The table has an options menu that can be accessed by holding down the left flipper while the game is in standby mode.  This menu allows the user to set an number of options like free vs coin play, game mode (replay, add-a ball or novelty [points for tic-tac-toes]) and chime unit on/off.   

Please note that the Chime Unit On/Off is for cabs that have actual chime units in them.  If you don’t have a chime unit set this to “Off” and if you do have a chime unit, think of this as a night time mode setting so that you can turn off the loud chimes at night.

Thanks to Bord for his awesome Blender magic as well as for the many unique primitives that he made for the table!  Also thanks to kds70 for testing the table and helping me get the bugs out.

Enjoy!

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

I’ve been working on a new sound management subroutine that I’ve put into Gulfstream and I’m curious to see how it works on other folks cabs.  The idea is that is someone wants to use under cab speakers for reproducing table sounds the current system that most everyone uses takes the active ball and uses it’s x/y coordinates to locate the table element that produces the sounds. This works great for single ball games like Gulfstream but if more than one ball is in play, only the active ball is tracked.

The most resent VP 10 version allows table objects x/y coordinates to be passed to subroutines so if we do this, we can place things like bumpers, flippers, targets and gates anywhere on the playfield and let them pass their x/y coordinates to the subroutine and “presto-magic” the sound comes out in the under playfield speakers without the table author needing to pan and fade the sound file manually.

The problem is that not all vp objects have x/y coordinates to them that they can pass.   As best I can tell, only the ones that have x/y variables in their object menu can do this.  Sadly, walls and rubbers don’t have x/y variables that they can pass.  If you do try to pass them you get error messages about their not being there.  I’ve messaged Fuzzle to see if this could be added in a future release of VP.

Please let me know if there are any sound issues with this new subroutine.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Wow this looks great. Sound option is cool will give this a try after I catch up on last few months!

thanks to all involved

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

This is a welcome surprise Scott. I love to hear that you’ve given focus to the ball position sound. It makes these tables so much more realistic for us that have enable 7.1 sound.

Thank you !

N3roflint
            Participant
              @n3roflint

Thanks to all who were involved in this. Looking forward to playing it this evening.

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

Plays great, Scott. Congrats!

kds70
                Participant
                  @kds70

If someone wonders why these two kickers left and right have no DOF effects; it happened to me because i´m using a “eight solenoid” configuration.

Users with 8 toys “only” need to add E129 and E130 in the 8 bumper left / 8 bumper right sector in DOF Config. Generate new config; upload to cab and have fun …

:mail: bye … table plays great

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Attachments:
                  HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

awesome surprise…. Viva la Pointy People!!!

sifusun
                    Participant
                      @sifusun

THX°!!! :good:

Micronaut
                      Participant
                        @micronaut

excellent, scottacus. :good:
                        this table is special and very good memories for me, :heart:

in Spain with the manufacturer “segasa” we had a clone of this pinball machine, I played in this pinball in the 70s and it is very nice to remember today those wonderful years on the screen from my PC
                        thank you very much, friend, for this table,
                        It makes me enjoy and be happy. :bye:

bha19
                        Participant
                          @bha19

Where is the ball in play count on the backglass? I see the words but no count.

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

The Ball in Play is at the bottom of the glass in the green area under the sunbather.  In add-a-ball mode you can increase this from 3 or 5 to a maximum of 10.

bha19
                            Participant
                              @bha19

On the backglass in the beach ball it says Ball In Play but I still don’t see the ball in play number.

N3roflint
                              Participant
                                @n3roflint

On the backglass in the beach ball it says Ball In Play but I still don’t see the ball in play number.

See photo.

IMG_20180531_210249807

Scottacus
                                Participant
                                  @scottacus
                                  MembervipContributor

The only thing on the ball is 100,000 for rolling over the reels so I’m not sure what you’re referring to?   N3roflint’s post shows where the balls to play numbers are.  Remember, this table counts down from the starting number of balls because of the add-a-ball feature.

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

heres the BG mask and it seems the add-a-balls are along the bottom

vp_test

Attachments:
                                    bha19
                                    Participant
                                      @bha19

I figured that is where the ball count was on the back of the chair, but it is blank for me. I am using a desktop computer.

Attachments:
                                      Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

Oh it’s the desktop that is missing the “Balls to Play” not the B2s!  New version uploaded with the balls to play text color set so that the number shows up.

Greynurse
                                        Participant
                                          @greynurse

I only just realised that my only version of Gulfstream was for FP, which I’m phasing out for various reasons. This is a great peice of work. I’m having a slight stuttering as the ball passes through the top and side lanes. Probably due my my older PC system, so I should be able to work it out. Apart from that, it’s great table. Unusual in the fact that it featured being convertable from replay to add a ball.

Cheers,

Nursie

Scottacus
                                          Participant
                                            @scottacus
                                            MembervipContributor

Yeah, Gulfstream should only be a replay game while Tropic Fun (which I own) is the Add-A-Ball version.  I’ll fix that when I re-release Gulfstream to use my newer EM system and author Tropic Fun which will probably be later this year.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?