Help wiring110Vac beacon to DOF controller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

It appears I may have found the smoking gun for my left side Sainsmart 8-relay controller…always freezing up. It appears it might be the 110Vac rotating beacon that I have connected to it.

So they way I did this, was to run the 110Vac neutral wire through the relay so that when the relay closes, the beacon turns on. So how can I resolve the issue where when the power is turned off, that small spike does not reverse direction and freeze the board…like what happens with a solenoid with no diode? Not sure about the diode trick like we use on the solenoids. I always thought that AC voltage would pass through a diode…where DC does not.

Any other ways of wiring this beacon in as to better isolate it from the board. Maybe a 20A Bosch relay between the board and beacon and run the neutral wire through that?

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Are you powering the sainsmart with a separate supply not from atx power supply but a good quality switching power supply?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

The Sainsmart boards are powered by a the 12V PS here:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-3A-5A-10A-20A-30A-Regulated-Transformer-Power-Supply-For-LED-Strip-USA-/322674598974?var=&hash=item4b20e7a43e:m:mE8g2GZUfifYrK9ZZKFUyng

It also powers my solenoids.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

That should be ok but I wonder if 30a is enough with all those car solenoids? I don’t run those starter solenoids but I would think if a few going off at a time would be more then 30a easy. Maybe power the sainsmart pcb with atx pc supply and all toys from that switching supply or maybe that’s what you are doing? That way if switching supply drops off your sainsmart is still running ok.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?