Hide Labels on Backglass

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

The textoverlay in Popper is really flexible… but not documented yet for all its abilities.

For now, some just want to hide it.

The proper way is to modify the Pupmenuscript.pup file.

Make sure you are on latest v.1.3.4 or newer:

At the top of pupmenuScript.pup file is a line like this:

pGameInfo = 3; //set this to the screen you want to display on… (0=topper,1=DMD,2=BG,3=playfield) -1 means OFF!

you want to set it to -1

read the rest of this thread if you’d like to move it to another display….  my suggestion is to move it to bottom corners of your playfield.

you can set whatever colour/size/font you’d like!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Better yet move it to below wheel on playfield :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

Can you Believe it… “HF” figured it out on his own… i KID you not :)

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

That’s perfect!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Slydog43
            Participant
              @slydog43

I figured out some of the numbers in the line such as fontname, size, color, ????????.

Just curious I guess

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

I figured out some of the numbers in the line such as fontname, size, color, ????????. Just curious I guess

<screen#>, in standard we’d set this to pDMD ( or 1)
                <Labelname>, your name of the label. keep it short no spaces (like 8 chars) although you can call it anything really. When setting the label you will use this labelname to access the label.
                <fontName> Windows font name, this must be exact match of OS front name. if you are using custom TTF fonts then double check the name of font names.
                <size%>, Height as a percent of display height. 20=20% of screen height.
                <colour>, integer value of windows color.
                <rotation>, degrees in tenths   (900=90 degrees)
                <xAlign>, 0= horizontal left align, 1 = center horizontal, 2= right horizontal
                <yAlign>, 0 = top, 1 = center, 2=bottom vertical alignment
                <xpos>, this should be 0, but if you want to ‘force’ a position you can set this. it is a % of horizontal width. 20=20% of screen width.
                <ypos> same as xpos.
                <PageNum> IMPORTANT… this will assign this label to this ‘page’ or group.
                <visible> initial state of label. visible=1 show, 0 = off.

Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

Great info, I changed mine to my liking, for now

PuPlayer.LabelNew(pGameInfo,”GameDisplay”,”ARIAL BLACK”,3,16777215,900,1,2,96,99,1,1);
                  PuPlayer.LabelNew(pGameInfo,”EmuDisplay” ,”ARIAL BLACK”,3,16777215,900,1,2,98,99,1,1);

makmak
                  Participant
                    @makmak

it seems, a label , if set once, blocks all other media on the backglass (even if set visibity=0)?

on my original table I want to show the state of awarded boni, i did like this:

PuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”Bonus”,typefont, 4,16777215 ,0,0,1,34,27,1,1
                    PuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”ESbonus”,typefont, 4,16304996 ,0,0,1,28,35,1,1
                    PuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”ESbonuscount”,numberfont, 4,16777215 ,0,0,1,52,35,1,1
                    PuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”SKTBonus”,typefont, 4,16304996 ,0,0,1,28,43,1,1
                    PuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”SKTbonuscount”,numberfont, 4,16777215 ,0,0,1,52,43,1,1

and so forth.

For bonuscount i call the sub

Sub currentplayerbonusstat
                    PuPlayer.playlistplayex pBackglass,”backglass”,”backglass.png”,0,1
                    PuPlayer.LabelSet pBackglass,”Bonus”,”Bonus”,1,””
                    PuPlayer.LabelSet pBackglass,”ESBonus”,”Endless Summer :”,1,””
                    PuPlayer.LabelSet pBackglass,”ESBonuscount”,”” & endlesssummerbonus,1,””
                    PuPlayer.LabelSet pBackglass,”SKTBonus”,”Skeet Surfin´ :”,1,””
                    PuPlayer.LabelSet pBackglass,”SKTBonuscount”,”” & skeetbonus,1,””

and so forth.

works fine. But once called it stays on the backglass for the whole game.

I have tried with setting the “ones” to “zero” – this hides the text and numbers but still no other media files set to play on the backglass will show up.

Is there a command to “delete” LabelSets? What to do?

Thanks!

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

@makmak  you’ll have to understand ‘pages’ in order to use the puplables better.  you can then hide/show pages as you wish.

you should start a new thread as this question isn’t about this topic for popper frontend.

here’s a file/pdf that should help:  http://www.nailbuster.com/uploads/PinUPPlayer_DMD_Tech_HELP.zip

also,  see the pupdmd framework too to get some ideas:  http://www.nailbuster.com/pupupdatesv14/PUPDMDFramework_Starter_v1_1.zip

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

While not VPX… my PinEvent updated FP tables use all of these features of PUPDMD to great extent. The tables and Pinevent files (all wip) can be found here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-pup-and-pup-ssf-for-fp-without-doflix-testing-needed/

Here’s a demo of Halloween Ultimate Pro which use almost everything you could want as well as my many new updates to PUPDMD frame work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?