Hot Shot (Gottlieb 1973)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

Thalamus, there is a newer Version avaiable: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11265

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

if you want, Script is here: Hot-Shots_STAT

WED, thanks for Update :good:
        Only small Things, i have cleaned the Script, and for your Future Projects (?), here is something:

Always use “B2SOn”, look at case sensitive, B2SOn isnt B2Son

Once you have “B2SSetData 10”, without a following Parameters, maybe should be 10, 1 or 10, 0 …
        and i dont know, what is 10, it isnt in any directb2s for Hot Shots, so i removed this Part.

if Credits=0 then Controller.B2SSetCredits 0
        else Controller.B2SSetCredits Credits
        end if

… here you can use only: Controller.B2SSetCredits Credits
        it is the same for all.

Attachments:
        2 users thanked author for this post.
        Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

@STAT : I’m sure – I just did a google search :)

WED21
          Participant
            @wed21

if you want, Script is here: Hot-Shots_STAT WED, thanks for Update :good: Only small Things, i have cleaned the Script, and for your Future Projects (?), here is something: Always use “B2SOn”, look at case sensitive, B2SOn isnt B2Son Once you have “B2SSetData 10”, without a following Parameters, maybe should be 10, 1 or 10, 0 … and i dont know, what is 10, it isnt in any directb2s for Hot Shots, so i removed this Part. if Credits=0 then Controller.B2SSetCredits 0 else Controller.B2SSetCredits Credits end if … here you can use only: Controller.B2SSetCredits Credits it is the same for all.

Thank you Stat! I used your script and now all B2S components work perfectly! Scripting is still a bit troublesome for me especially on DOF and B2S stuff so any help is always appreciated!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

This one plays so well, WED. Love it. Hope you’ll make more EMs. Enjoyed this one for a full two hours tonight.

:D

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

No Problem, many Pros here ( i am not ;) ) but if you ask me, or i have found something, i want to help if i can :yes:

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

“Could not create sound buffer on load”

I get this message when I load the table. I need to say ok probably a dozen times and then the table will play—but I’m not getting any chimes like I do on the VP9 version. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

kds70
                  Participant
                    @kds70

Nice table and thanks for the script update. But … maybe i´m wrong; my knocker is “nonstop” firing if i give this table a credit. Must exit VP and reset my pincontrol1 – controller to stop the knocker firing.

Before the script update from STAT the table was set to “FreePlay”. In this case the table starts to fire the knocker directly with table start. Nonstop without ending =(

My workaround ist now to disable the knocker “e126” in the DOF table config … :cry:

Something wrong in the script ?

Greedings, Kai – love this table but not playable for me :scratch:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Super table!  One of my favorite EM’s.

I’m seeing a couple things with the rule set that look like they might need some adjustment.

• If you hit the saucer with the gate open, you should still get 500 points.  Right now, if the gate is open, no points are scored.
                      • When lighting 1-8 or 8-15, special should light.  Only one side should light at a time.  Right now, special only lights when 1-15 are all lit.  Both specials light at the same time.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Like the Em

My slingshot have no DOF,
                        The bumper at the top is activating one of my slingshot solenoids and the ball in play does not Advance if no points are made..

TXT11
                        Participant
                          @txt11

“Could not create sound buffer on load” I get this message when I load the table.

Like Bob I can’t start this table at all and receive this error every time…… VP 10.3.1…. :wacko:

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Man what an awesome EM table. One of my favorites. Looks and plays awesome. But I encountered a problem, and im not sure if its the table or my cab.

When I start the table, the DOF knocker solenoid fires on my cab…and appears to remain fired during play. It wont deactivate till the table is exited. This resulted in my knocker solenoid overheating and MELTING down. I have troubleshooted my DOF and played other tables…and this issue is not present.

If someone would please, please take a look at the script and see if there is any reason why the knocker would remain fired during play. I really want to find out if its my cab or the table…for obvious reasons.

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

kds70
                            Participant
                              @kds70

Man what an awesome EM table. One of my favorites. Looks and plays awesome. But I encountered a problem, and im not sure if its the table or my cab.

I have the same problem as i wrote above; it´s not your cab.  I´ve disabled / deleted the “e126” knocker option in the DOF Table config for now. But i hope someone could fix the script for this nice table :yes:

The bumper and slingshots also have no DOF effects ?!

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

This what I did for the bumper and slingshots in the script

I changed the lines in red

‘*****BUMPER****
                                Sub Bumper1_Hit:Addpoints(10):PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“fx_Bumper1”,105,DOFPulse,DOFContactors),0,1,-0.05,0.05:End Sub
                                ‘***************

Sub RightSlingShot_Slingshot
                                PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“SlingshotRight”,104,DOFPulse,DOFContactors), 0, 1, 0.05, 0.05:Addpoints(10)
                                RSling.Visible = 0
                                RSling1.Visible = 1
                                sling1.TransZ = -20
                                RStep = 0
                                RightSlingShot.TimerEnabled = 1
                                End Sub

Sub RightSlingShot_Timer
                                Select Case RStep
                                Case 3:RSLing1.Visible = 0:RSLing2.Visible = 1:sling1.TransZ = -10
                                Case 4:RSLing2.Visible = 0:RSLing.Visible = 1:sling1.TransZ = 0:RightSlingShot.TimerEnabled = 0:gi1.State = 1:Gi2.State = 1
                                End Select
                                RStep = RStep + 1
                                End Sub

Sub LeftSlingShot_Slingshot
                                PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“SlingshotRight”,103,DOFPulse,DOFContactors),0,1,-0.05,0.05:Addpoints(10)
                                LSling.Visible = 0
                                LSling1.Visible = 1
                                sling2.TransZ = -20
                                LStep = 0
                                LeftSlingShot.TimerEnabled = 1
                                End Sub

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Personaly i dont want to Play with “FreePlay” at any Table,
                                  i love to Insert Coins and look the Creds Reel, just with a Button, but like it.

Easy to Change: FreePlay = true ( in Script )

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

@STAT … and I thought I was the only weird one. Glad to learn I’m at least in the same boat as you on the subject.

Bob Albright
                                    Participant
                                      @bobalbright

“Could not create sound buffer on load”
                                      I get this message when I load the table. I need to say ok probably a dozen times and then the table will play—but I’m not getting any chimes like I do on the VP9 version. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

Doesn’t anyone have an idea on what is causing this? I see at least one other person in this thread is having the issue. I get the same problem with Lady Luck which is also done by WEd. Version 1.1 is fine. Version 1.2 I get this message.

TXT11
                                      Participant
                                        @txt11

The table plays fine on my Win10 laptop but not on my WinXP cab.  The sound buffer issue might be a RAM-related issue for my setup.  I’m just going to put the VP9 version on my cab…..  :negative:

Bob Albright
                                        Participant
                                          @bobalbright

Hmmm..an XP issue? My cab also runs on XP. Do you get the same issue on Lady Luck…like I do?

WED21
                                          Participant
                                            @wed21

Sorry I haven’t been able to address any of these issues, been extremely busy. Here’s some of what is going on.

1: DOF stuff. I do not have DOF so I have absolutely no idea how any of it works so I had left what was in original scripts thinking that maybe whomever had it, it would still work. Lesson learned. Sorry for any damage or problems occurred by this. Please, if anyone knows how to code it in please be my guest but from now on none of my tables, if I make anymore, will have any DOF until I learn more about it.

2. Chimes not working. I imported all sounds that I use to my studio and normalized all to 100% except BallRolling and FlipperDown, those are at 50%. I then EQ’d all of them and ran them thru a 3 band compressor. After that I encoded them down to 44k true Mono files at 32bit. Some older sound cards will not play 32bit files. I will re-encode them to 16bit to help resolve this issue on all 3 of my tables and future ones.

I think that is the only main issues people are having. I’m going to reach out for help on the DOF but if I can’t get it fixed I’m going to delete all of it and update with 16bit sound files.

So sorry for any inconvenience here. I’m still trying to figure this stuff out as far as code and such so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?