How do I add just topper videos withought going through a front end?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Randyre
    Participant
      @randyre

Is there a simple program to add toppers to tables without going through PinballX or PinupMenu? Would be nice to just have a small program that launches with a table and plays a topper video or static file..

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Is there a simple program to add toppers to tables without going through PinballX or PinupMenu? Would be nice to just have a small program that launches with a table and plays a topper video or static file..

Yah, its called PinUP Player.  :)

Popper uses PinUP Player…but you don’t need it for Toppers.

Just create a simple PuP-Pack for the table in question. It can simply use a “Background” Image or Video that plays on a loop…or you can be fancier and have it actually work like a real topper and trigger animations.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Randyre
        Participant
          @randyre

that makes sense.  And since it’s already installed ! : Duh. :wacko:

So after watching your video, I have a question. What I have is a third monitor like yours, split into two for toppers and DMD. What I did though is make the bezel one big open monitor to future proof it for new games that might come down the pike that have a larger LCD. So my wallpaper is a black background with a  strip in the center to separate the Topper from the DMD.

So no issues with running a full screen topper on tables that the DMD is in the B2S backglass like many of the older EM games and some early SS, but any that I run that may load a DMD will have half a topper running behind them.

So question is what is your suggestion for a trigger that I would use at the start of a table to either load a smaller topper or my static wallpaper image?  I would want it to come on at the beginning of game play. I was going to use Coin, but if there were already credits that wouldn’t work. the start button or ball in chute switch could work but would delay the change of video background.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Oh and  Terry, thanks again,  you have been a true Champion of the Virtual Pin and doubt I would have even went down this road without your videos as motivation.

Randy

Randyre
          Participant
            @randyre

And one more thing. I think may be beyond pinup or PBX.  How do I get a video to display on my third monitor full screen, not in the topper or DMD windows since those are already set to a smaller size. Is there a way to repurpose another window in PUP such as the gameinfo or something. I’m going to play with that now a bit and see what I can come up with. Would be nice if you could have a couple presets with different screen sizes and chose which to use when you make a pack.

Randyre
            Participant
              @randyre

OK, I believe I have it figured out so here goes in case anyone else is interested.

For the trigger I found a light that comes on when the table is first loaded regardless of its state, credits ect. I link to that light and use it as the trigger. Worked ligke a charm.

As for the second question, I made the game help in setup full screen on my third monitor and used the above trigger to start a playlist and set it to loop, and off it goes forever. Yay.!! :yahoo: If for some reason you need to load a topper or DMD over it, just set it to a higher priority and it will be set to overide background.

If anyone has other ideas let me know, but so far this is working as expected.

Randy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?