How to make wheel images

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Umpa
    Participant
      @umpa

Does anyone know what size and format is used to make wheel images? Xenonph is thinking about making wheel images for all of his excellent NFLmodded tables. Can anyone provide info on making them or contact xenonph and help make them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

If I ever make something like a wheel I use another wheel as example for size…not that example is right I suppose

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

I will download some wheels and figure out what size is suitable. I never have used a front-end and have not made my cabinet yet. (Definately in my future!!) so I really am not sure how everyone likes to have there wheels made. After looking at a few it should be easy for me.

I will try to upload wheels for all teams with this next batch of tables I am working on. I have 9 teams graphics done, and just need to add sound effects.

Give me a couple of days and I will try to have them uploaded.

I only have 7 more teams to complete them all.

Have a great night!!

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

A lot of wheel images out there are too small of resolution for 4k (2160p) displays, look like crap.  Check out the ones hauntfreaks did, most of his (the ones I have anyway) are at least 1200 pixels wide and several are over 2000 pixels wide.  png would be the best format as it allows for transparent backgrounds and is pretty much accepted anywhere.  Even the larger ones are not that big of a file size so should be OK.  I’ve done a few at around 1000 pixels wide and they seem ok on the 4k screen as well, but bigger is better.

xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

Exactly the type of info I was looking for.

Thanks BorgDog!!

I will make them huge and png files.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@xenonph Just wanted to say – you don’t need to have a cab to be running PinballX – it is simply a frontend. I advice you to download and install it. Try it out. You don’t need to use it on a daily basis, its just there as a nice presentation layer for you hard work. And, well – you get to see what you make ;)

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

The easy Way is: search on Google for “name png” or “Name logo png“, then at Images, there should be a lot of them as PNG and transparent

xenonph
                  Participant
                    @xenonph
                    MemberContributor

That is how I got most of my transparent pics in the past. (I had to find a pic with transparency already on it.) Now I know how to make transparency with GIMP, so I am not limited to what I find on Google, I now can make any pic Transparent. This all started back when I made my first mod, and STAT wrote me a private message asking what I was using to edit my pics. (obviously my first time editting a pic was not great.) He showed me what needed to be done. thanks for everything STAT. I have really learned alot since then. And I am still learning something new everyday!!

Carry on my friend!!

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+team+logos+png&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPr7O3xtzTAhUnslQKHXIOBPsQ_AUIBigB&biw=1920&bih=913

Now save to your hard drive and you are done.

You’re welcome.

xenonph
                      Participant
                        @xenonph
                        MemberContributor

I have all of those already. Thanks!! I downloaded quite a few pics when I first started on the VP9 mods. I have helmets, logos, bowling balls, Pool balls, heritage banners, team flags, superbowl rings, and you name it, I have got it. I went to NFL store and shopped for pics instead of merchandise. lol

I have all the pics I will ever need excluding recent player decals, which I can now make if needed.

I will be upgrading each table in the future to have every uniform ever made for each team.

I love working on these NFL Mods!!

Its a perfect meld of Football and Pinball!! Two great things in one!!

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

FYI, PinballX scales wheel images automatically. You don’t have to resize anything although it would be good to avoid using thumbnails for the source image. In other words, it would be wasted effort to go through and standardize wheel images.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

as Borbdog said… I make my wheels about 1500 pixels wide…. I do it for a couple reasons…. they look crisp in the frontend, and it can be used for other stuff in the future and not have to worry about it being to small….   thats my 2cents

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?