I have obviously done something wrong

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant
      @cameron

OK so I have partial success on my PUP System install, but seem to really be missing the mark.

I have 3 things that don’t seem to be working:

#1 – When I run the VLC test, nothing happens. I installed VLC to C:\VLC and the .exe is in one of the subdirectories under C:\vlc. Is there a specific place that PuP looks for vlc? I am using the recommended version in 32 bits and I can open it and play video, but PuP doesn’t seem to be able to find it. So when I am in PuP menu, the Backglass and Playfield don’t do anything. I can launch the table OK though, so I am getting somewhere.

#2 – I have a Pinscape controller running, but PuP Menu doesn’t seem to recognize it at all. I can’t assign any buttons to any functions from the Pinscape. If I try to pull up the window for setting an individual control, and can set a key from the keyboard, but if I press a button, nothing happens. The controller works in joystick mode fine in VPX, PinballX etc.

#3 – DMDext I have a PinDMD v3 and I put the .dll file in the vpinmame directory, I added a DMD video to the media manager, but nothing comes up on the PinDmD. Anything that I need to do in setup? I thought I followed the directions pretty well.

Any help is appreciated!!!!

Thx,

Cameron

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Best to install VLC to default location….no reason not to.

Did you follow my install videos? It’s important to follow them step by step:

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I’m still learning the pop frontend too but I recall for a dmd other then lcd you need to edit the ini file…I don’t remember the file to edit but was the same one I think you edit to enable dof in frontend I think. One of terry’s videos explains it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Cameron
          Participant
            @cameron

I thought I did follow the videos but I might have missed something. I don’t remember anything about adjusting the .ini… I’ll go through them again.

Thanks!

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

I thought I did follow the videos but I might have missed something. I don’t remember anything about adjusting the .ini… I’ll go through them again.

Thanks!

to setup your dmd see here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=hardware

double check that exe/dlls aren’t blocked and that you run pinupmenu.exe as admin.

Cameron
              Participant
                @cameron

OK I’ll try that out!

Wish I had the machine at work so I could play around with it here lol.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

OK I’ll try that out!

Wish I had the machine at work so I could play around with it here lol.

Ha! Don’t we all wish that :)

for IOS and Android

Cameron
                  Participant
                    @cameron

Thanks for the pointers!

OK so VLC  is now fixed. I had to uninstall and re-install and now it just works. Not sure what was going on there.

DMD is working with that entry in the .pup script

I am completely baffled by no Joystick though :(

The only place that I can see an option to setup the joystick is the in the menu setup under global config

I then go and set the Joystick to: DirectX JoyDriver

I am running a standard Pinscape controller that is already working with VP and PFX2, 3

I can click on a button in any other controller, but when I go to controller setup, it won’t recognize the button presses. I can’t see any wy to edit the table to enter specific button values either. I looked through the .pup and the .ini, but I don’t see any other places that would affect the jjoystick settings.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

plenty of people using pinscape and other directx type joysticks… it should just work.  That setting in wheelbar-global is the only setting.

do you have other joysticks attached?  it does support 2 joysticks, but maybe you have 3-4?

strange… haven’t heard anyone else with joystick/pinscape issues.

you don’t have any x360ce or joytokey running in background? … im just guessing…

Cameron
                      Participant
                        @cameron

That is the only joystick attached. In Device Manager there is only one HID-compliant game controller which should be pinscape….

In other utilities it does show up as the only joystick and responds to the expected button mapping.

JoytoKey and x360ce aren’t running in the background. (that was a good thing to look at though!)

I did actually try running them to see what would happen and still didn’t work… then killed them off so they wouldn’t be a factor.

The interesting thing is that all other apps see it fine as Pinscape.

is there a way that I can directly set a button in the database just to try and see if that works?

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

joytokey should take your joystick buttons and press ‘keystrokes’ to windows?  how can that not work as it would seem like a keypress to popper?

are you able to set keystrokes in the controller setup in popper for functions?  like change the exit emulator to keyboard ‘E’?

Cameron
                          Participant
                            @cameron

Yeah JoytoKey does work and I can map button presses to keys. In Popper, I can set keyboard keys to work so that is something that I can do. I am just baffled that PuP doesn’t recognize any of the button presses from the DirectX Joystick driver.  I can go back and map keys through JoyToKey and make it work so I am def. not dead-in-the-water.

I’m building a new Pinscape Expansion board set with a new Pinscape controller. I’ll load the firmware on that and try it as well in the next day or two and see if it is something specific to the actual controller itself (I doubt it, but doesn’t hurt to try)

Thanks!

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

hmmm.. strange… let us know how it goes.

and you’re 1000000% sure you are using directx joystick in the drop-down?  the other option is xinput, and if that’s selected it would cause what you’re describing….

Cameron
                              Participant
                                @cameron

I have tried all of the options 10X each including xinput. All results are the same…

I hope I can try out this new Pinscape unit tonight

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

Make sure you are updated to the latest update. I remember there were some issues along the way with an older update that caused things like this.

Cameron
                                  Participant
                                    @cameron

I’ll check that. I think I have the latest though.

Cameron
                                    Participant
                                      @cameron

There is something definitely conflicting with my pinscape on my system. I’m working with mjr over in vpf. It is one of the Microsoft services that are running that is causing a conflict. In the meantime, I have it mapped to keystrokes since I can’t get things to work with Joystick strokes. MJR has a debug build of the Pinscape v2 software for me to run to get more details on the problems that are occurring, once we hone in on that, I will post more to this topic in case someone else has similar issues. At this point, doesn’t seem to really be a PuP issue at all

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Keep us posted if you had issue others will so this is good troubleshooting help for sure. Sorry about the problem but will be a great thread to point people to for some tips in future :good:

********************************************************
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Jays Arcade
                                        Participant
                                          @jthompson

This is the thread I was looking for! I set up popper yesterday. Followed Terry’s vids as well as followed the wiki. Love it so far but I too am getting no love from my KL25Z pinscape device. I hate to see anyone else have trouble, but it is a little re-assuring to know I am not the only one having an issue. I am getting zero response from my Pinscape device when I try to map my controller buttons. I get the window that flashes waiting for me to press a button but nothing ever happens unless I press a keyboard key or cancel out. I do have the DirectX Joydriver set as the driver. In my Pinscape settings, the buttons are all working fine. The Pinscape works fine as a controller in VPX as well as in that other frontend. I was able to use Anti-micro (sort of like joytokey, xpadder, etc) to map my controls as key presses, so I was able to get going, but obviously I would like to get this to work without a keymapper like that. Cameron, maybe we can compare notes and figure out what is causing the issue?

Here is what I got in my box. Not fastest or prettiest but it works. I hope maybe we can find something that is common to our set-ups that could be causing the issue.

I’m running Windows 7.

Re-purposed AMD A8 5500. (Yes its slow, I know, I know.)

16 gigs of ram.

250 gig SSD

Geforce 1050 Ti 4 gig

Teensy controller

SainSmart – eight channel

LED-Wiz

External USB 7.1 Audio Adapter

That’s about all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Cameron
                                          Participant
                                            @cameron

Well this will be interesting. I have built a new PC around my Ultrapin cabinet and I have verified that the keyboard part of the Pinscape is working, but I didn’t even try to do the buttons in PuP. When I get home tonight, I will try to see if I can get direct joystick working on this 100% fresh system. My old one had some weird VP-related gremlins which were also causing problems with my dmdext as well… Let’s see if we can figure this out in some fashion!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?