I have obviously done something wrong

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Make sure you guys are updated to latest release and see if that helps.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Also, would be good to make sure you have latest pinscape software,etc installed on the KL25Z. Make sure Direct X is up to date, and you have no other game controller programs interfering.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      GCS2000
      Participant
        @gcs2000

Try both joystick options in the settings.  There is one for Xinput and one for DirectX.

I have a zebsboards kit and when set to Xinput the buttons would not work in pinup but would everywhere else.  Once I set pinup to DirectX everything was good.  Only suggestion I have as I am a newbie as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Jays Arcade
        Participant
          @jthompson

Yep. Installed 1.3.4 on top of the base install. Also updated Pinscape firmware. I haven’t looked at direct x version yet. Will do that tonight when I get home from work. Thanks Terry.

Jays Arcade
          Participant
            @jthompson

Yep. tried both xinput and direct x. No-Go.

Cameron
            Participant
              @cameron

Yeah previously I had tried both types as well. All other applications other than PuP worked fine with the Pinscape.

Jays Arcade
              Participant
                @jthompson

Same here. Did I see you post on VPF that you had some kind of error related to the buttons not working in PinUp? I’m not getting any errors with mine, they simply fail to register.

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

hmmm.. strange might be a win7 issue?  but works for most…

if you search your windows folder:  a windows Dll file you may want to make sure is’current’.   winmm.dll

Cameron
                  Participant
                    @cameron

OK so all of my stuff has been Windows 10. With a 100% fresh install, I have no problems with the Joystick… Just tested it.

All my other problems went away as well… Not sure what gremlins I had lurking around in my older Win10 PC. One major difference is that I don’t have Oculus installed on the new one…. Maybe that is a factor? IDK????

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

OK so all of my stuff has been Windows 10. With a 100% fresh install, I have no problems with the Joystick… Just tested it.

All my other problems went away as well… Not sure what gremlins I had lurking around in my older Win10 PC. One major difference is that I don’t have Oculus installed on the new one…. Maybe that is a factor? IDK????

I have Oculus on my desktop PC, and my xboxone gamepads work fine…..but those are XINPUT.

Jays Arcade
                      Participant
                        @jthompson

Thank you guys for the help. I’m sorry to have wasted your time but maybe someone searching for help on this will see my mistake and this will help them. It appears that my Pinscape settings were configured wrong. I played around last night and discovered when I went to the Pinscape properties in Windows Devices and Printers (you know, where you can calibrate contollers and test buttons and such?) that my Pinscape only showed two buttons in the calibration window. Furthermore the top of the window said LEDWiz. My next step was to unplug the LEDWiz and voila, all the Pinscape buttons appeared in the calibration window and the window said Pinscape. This led me to uninstalling all my USB devices in device manager and reinstalling one by one. Unfortunately, as my last step of plugging the LEDWiz back in, the Pinscape reverted to only showing two buttons in the calibration window and the name of the window again changed to LEDWiz. One thing I did notice was if I unplugged my LEDWiz and rebooted the PC, PinUp recognized the button presses from the Pinscape buttons, but when I plugged the LEDWiz back in, the buttons stopped again. Not really knowing what to do next, I remembered a special DLL for LEDWiz that MJR put out. I was sure I had installed it previously but I tried it again. Unfortunately, still nothing. Finally I went back into my Pinscape software and looked closer at the LEDWiz stuff because I know the Pinscape does act as an LEDWiz and figured maybe a setting was wrong in there. That’s where I found my issue. In the setup it says to set the Pinscape as LEDWiz #8 if you have a real LEDWiz in your system. When I built my table last year, this is how I set it up. When you click that dropdown it gives several assignment #s for which LEDWiz you want your Pinscape to be. Near the bottom of the dropdown it also has something like Pinscape ID (something to that effect, I’m writing this from memory at work). Once I set the controller to this, I was able to finally use the Pinscape as intended and set the buttons in the PinUp configuration menu.  :yahoo:

MJR, if you ever come over here and read this, perhaps you could add a little more clarity on how to set this part up in your software. Otherwise, thank you very much for what you’ve done.

I’m really surprised that my system has worked at all with my configuration being wrong this whole time and that PinUp was the only thing that balked at my mis-configuration. As a side bonus in figuring this out, My LEDWiz appears to be functioning better now. It was working before but it occasionally had a weird flicker, particularly with LED sequences that breathe in and out. PinUp is looking really good and I’ve already recorded several playfield, backglass and DMD vids with it and have 5 or 6 tables set up now. Thanks NailBuster.  :good:

TL;DR

If your Pinscape buttons don’t register in PinUp and you also have an LEDWiz in your cab, make sure you don’t have your Pinscape set as a secondary LEDWiz in the Pinscape Software. Set it as Pinscape ID something or other. LOL, I can’t remember exactly, but hopefully this will get you on the right track.  :wacko:

GCS2000
                        Participant
                          @gcs2000

At least you figured it out, that’s all that matters.  And by posting this out in the world if anyone ever has an issue like this again then they know what to check so this could potentially be a huge help to someone else.  Nice job!

Happy virtual flipping.

Cameron
                          Participant
                            @cameron

Yeah that is good to know. I will go back on the other machine and plug in the Pinscape when I get a chance to see if that fixed the old problem for me too. Thanks for that solution. Hopefully it helps someone else in the future (I’m sure it will)

mon72
                            Participant
                              @mon72

Hi

interesting indeed… will test this tomorrow

Im having trubbel to set the joystick buttons in the VPX Settings page… the popup that asks for a button press when i want to change dissapers directly…

I was thinking that it might be something like this Pinscape joystick input or keyboard input…

maybee a kind Pinscape owner can post a few image of the settings on this that works for them.

I only have a Pinscape with main board and a power board.

Br

mon72

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?