This topic contains 65 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jays Arcade 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
     TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Terry, can you check the shapes list to make sure its correct, i took the animated shapes from the shapes list and added the other shapes from the .xml.

I far away from home looking at new houses, and dealing with selling my house stuff for a while….will let you know when I get a chance.

rablack97 
    Participant

no worries man i think i got it figured out, tool works perfect now, tinkering with different the different animation/letter/shape combos….

1 user thanked author for this post.
     TerryRed 

no worries man i think i got it figured out, tool works perfect now, tinkering with different the different animation/letter/shape combos….

How has everything been working for you since updating everything with DOF Config Tool, etc?   I know you can now easily add whatever custom effects for each VP table in PBX in DOFConfig Tool (PBX MX).

Have you been able to still use your own custom PBX effects for tables from other systems that you were making before (PFX2, FP, etc).

BTW….how is your cab at this point? Have you made alot of progress? You were trying to get some RGB Led rings working last I heard… Would love to see a video of it, and maybe your new letter mods in action!

rablack97 
    Participant

How has everything been working for you since updating everything with DOF Config Tool, etc? I know you can now easily add whatever custom effects for each VP table in PBX in DOFConfig Tool (PBX MX).

Have you been able to still use your own custom PBX effects for tables from other systems that you were making before (PFX2, FP, etc).

BTW….how is your cab at this point? Have you made alot of progress? You were trying to get some RGB Led rings working last I heard… Would love to see a video of it, and maybe your new letter mods in action!

Everything is working fine, all VP tables i have do have PBX MX effects currently, using the DOF defaults.  My memory isn’t that great to remember what they all looked like from your file, to cross swap them back and forth.  I may one day look and compare.

I haven’t done any custom PBX MX effects as I have no idea what any of this means and how it works.

White AL0 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPRoundAndRound L6/Red AL20 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPVLinePulse L6/White AL40 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPRoundAndRound L6/Red AL60 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPVLinePulse L6/White AL80 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPRoundAndRound L6

I sent arngrim a list of FP tables to add to the database so that we could add custom PBX MX effects for those tables.  He added one and we tested it and it works fine, he just hasn’t added the rest.

The cab has been finished since March of this year, here it is at TPF.

Unfortunately all i have is crap phone video, nothing as nice as your demo setups.

I’ve been adding topper videos to the 3rd screen, and working out bugs.

Did you ever get TPA working on your machine, the table select etc.  I was able to get a FX2 table working with backglass and the dmd extended to my pin2dmd.

Also looking forward to your new mods man, that AC/DC you did was awesome.

TerryRed 

How has everything been working for you since updating everything with DOF Config Tool, etc? I know you can now easily add whatever custom effects for each VP table in PBX in DOFConfig Tool (PBX MX). Have you been able to still use your own custom PBX effects for tables from other systems that you were making before (PFX2, FP, etc). BTW….how is your cab at this point? Have you made alot of progress? You were trying to get some RGB Led rings working last I heard… Would love to see a video of it, and maybe your new letter mods in action!

Everything is working fine, all VP tables i have do have PBX MX effects currently, using the DOF defaults. My memory isn’t that great to remember what they all looked like from your file, to cross swap them back and forth. I may one day look and compare. I haven’t done any custom PBX MX effects as I have no idea what any of this means and how it works. White AL0 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPRoundAndRound L6/Red AL20 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPVLinePulse L6/White AL40 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPRoundAndRound L6/Red AL60 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPVLinePulse L6/White AL80 AW19 FU200 FD150 SHPRoundAndRound L6 I sent arngrim a list of FP tables to add to the database so that we could add custom PBX MX effects for those tables. He added one and we tested it and it works fine, he just hasn’t added the rest. The cab has been finished since March of this year, here it is at TPF. Unfortunately all i have is crap phone video, nothing as nice as your demo setups. I’ve been adding topper videos to the 3rd screen, and working out bugs. Did you ever get TPA working on your machine, the table select etc. I was able to get a FX2 table working with backglass and the dmd extended to my pin2dmd. Also looking forward to your new mods man, that AC/DC you did was awesome.

TPA I had working waaaaay back,but since they changed over to the new gui, I kind of gave up on getting it to work with cab support.

PFX2 is easy to work with a cabinet as it has native support now…and you can use dmdext to get it to work with real DMDs. PBX will automatically load the tables directly now.

How are you liking the LED Rings?  Hard to tell from the pic, but they look cool. Do you have a build page at all?

rablack97 
    Participant

Gotcha, ok im scrapping TPA.

Led rings are awesome man, turned out really well.

https://dms-discourse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/0/0d8736440ab1d4c26a94d5b28c8b927b014dd079.jpg

Some users who have liked this topic:

Jodannar 
    Participant

I am unable to get the letters and shapes working. i have the DirectOutputshapes.xml file within my DOF config directory. It has defined shape variables.I have regenerated my directoutputconfig 30 and 40 files, verified that they contain shape information/mappings. When i load tables which have shape mapping, i still get my default flasher shapes. My cabinet.xml doesnt refer to the outputshapes.xml at all? should it?

Thanks

TerryRed 

I am unable to get the letters and shapes working. i have the DirectOutputshapes.xml file within my DOF config directory. It has defined shape variables.I have regenerated my directoutputconfig 30 and 40 files, verified that they contain shape information/mappings. When i load tables which have shape mapping, i still get my default flasher shapes. My cabinet.xml doesnt refer to the outputshapes.xml at all? should it? Thanks

You won’t get any new numbers or letters for your flashers unless you have copied a new PF BACK MX section (with letters and numbers defined) for a specific table into your own custom config (in DOF CONFIG TOOL).   This must be done for each table you want to have letters and shapes with.

The only exception is ACDC LE, because I added them in directly and its now part of the new config with DOF Config Tool.

rablack97 
    Participant

I am unable to get the letters and shapes working. i have the DirectOutputshapes.xml file within my DOF config directory. It has defined shape variables.I have regenerated my directoutputconfig 30 and 40 files, verified that they contain shape information/mappings. When i load tables which have shape mapping, i still get my default flasher shapes. My cabinet.xml doesnt refer to the outputshapes.xml at all? should it? Thanks

Use the DOF letter config tool earlier in the thread to make your own custom display, or for testing paste the code that Terry and I have supplied in the thread in the PF Back MX section in your table DOF.  Regenerate your files, and copy over the config and config30 files.

Run the game and you will see the new letters, also make sure you’ve setup your combos and the ws2811 config as Terry pointed out earlier in the thread as well.

Jodannar 
    Participant

Im using ACDC LE as my sample to test it, as i saw your global upload was now the default within the DOF config. I will customise a few tables and see if they work.

My combos are set up and I get other effects other than just the rear flashers on the Matrix.

TerryRed 

Im using ACDC LE as my sample to test it, as i saw your global upload was now the default within the DOF config. I will customise a few tables and see if they work. My combos are set up and I get other effects other than just the rear flashers on the Matrix.

Make sure you are using the same “rom” in DOFConfig Tool that you are using for your table.  You can now choose what rom version for ACDC LE and some other tables, that use colour roms which have a different name than the normal rom.

acd_168h = normal LE

acd_168hc= coloured LE

If you don’t have matching roms it won’t work.

Jodannar 
    Participant

IM using the coloured LE rom, and the DOF config is matching the rom name. hence my puzzle.

TerryRed 

IM using the coloured LE rom, and the DOF config is matching the rom name. hence my puzzle.

…and you copied the NEW directoutputshapes.xml from DOF Config Tool (it’s in the new generated config file zip you make) to your “DirectOutput” folder, overwriting the older one?

Do you get ANY of the newer effects I did for ACDC LE? If so, then you are somehow missing the correct directoutputshapes.xml file.

Psmiraglia 
    Participant

i have a 8×72 matrix and the letters do not show well (round flashers show fine). would i need to modify the DirectOutputShapes.png?

see example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60V_ezn20Qk

cabinet xml definition:

<LedStrip>
    <Name>PF Back</Name>
    <Width>72</Width>
    <Height>8</Height>
    <LedStripArrangement>LeftRightTopDown</LedStripArrangement>
    <ColorOrder>GRB</ColorOrder>
    <FirstLedNumber>311</FirstLedNumber>
    <FadingCurveName>Linear0To224</FadingCurveName>
    <OutputControllerName>TeensyStripController</OutputControllerName>
    </LedStrip>

back combo includes: back flasher mx, back effects mx, back pbx mx

TerryRed 

i have a 8×72 matrix and the letters do not show well (round flashers show fine). would i need to modify the DirectOutputShapes.png? see example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60V_ezn20Qk cabinet xml definition: <LedStrip> <Name>PF Back</Name> <Width>72</Width> <Height>8</Height> <LedStripArrangement>LeftRightTopDown</LedStripArrangement> <ColorOrder>GRB</ColorOrder> <FirstLedNumber>311</FirstLedNumber> <FadingCurveName>Linear0To224</FadingCurveName> <OutputControllerName>TeensyStripController</OutputControllerName> </LedStrip> back combo includes: back flasher mx, back effects mx, back pbx mx

My back MX is only 72 wide and 6 high….so what you see in my pics and videos of my cabinet reflects that.

Did you update and replace your *shapes.png and *shapes.xml file when you generated new config files from DOF Config Tool?

No you don’t want to modify those files yourself…it won’t benefit you as the letters are really low res…and you may throw off the rest of the shapes and effects. Keep in mind if you have more rows that I do then your letters will be taller,etc…depending on how they are installed….but they should look better than mine.

Psmiraglia 
    Participant

i have a 8×72 matrix and the letters do not show well (round flashers show fine). would i need to modify the DirectOutputShapes.png? see example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60V_ezn20Qk cabinet xml definition: <LedStrip> <Name>PF Back</Name> <Width>72</Width> <Height>8</Height> <LedStripArrangement>LeftRightTopDown</LedStripArrangement> <ColorOrder>GRB</ColorOrder> <FirstLedNumber>311</FirstLedNumber> <FadingCurveName>Linear0To224</FadingCurveName> <OutputControllerName>TeensyStripController</OutputControllerName> </LedStrip> back combo includes: back flasher mx, back effects mx, back pbx mx

My back MX is only 72 wide and 6 high….so what you see in my pics and videos of my cabinet reflects that. Did you update and replace your *shapes.png and *shapes.xml file when you generated new config files from DOF Config Tool? No you don’t want to modify those files yourself…it won’t benefit you as the letters are really low res…and you may throw off the rest of the shapes and effects. Keep in mind if you have more rows that I do then your letters will be taller,etc…depending on how they are installed….but they should look better than mine.

yes, the  *shapes.png and *shapes.xml come down evrytime i generate the configs with dof configtool. the letters are distorted, not better… you can see that on the video

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Psmiraglia.
    Attachments:
     TerryRed 

My back MX is only 72 wide and 6 high….so what you see in my pics and videos of my cabinet reflects that. Did you update and replace your *shapes.png and *shapes.xml file when you generated new config files from DOF Config Tool? No you don’t want to modify those files yourself…it won’t benefit you as the letters are really low res…and you may throw off the rest of the shapes and effects. Keep in mind if you have more rows that I do then your letters will be taller,etc…depending on how they are installed….but they should look better than mine.

yes, the *shapes.png and *shapes.xml come down evrytime i generate the configs with dof configtool. the letters are distorted, not better… you can see that on the video

It’s not just the letters… ALL your effects are messed up.

It looks like you somehow have duplicates of your Back MX somehow….like you have two of the same thing but reversed.  My guess is either your cabinet.xml has an incorrect or duplicate setting, or your setup on DOF Config Tool is wrong.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Agreed it looks like a configuration issue

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

Psmiraglia 
    Participant

It was indeed a configuration issue. By looking at Terry’s config earlier on this thread, I changed the LedStripArrangement from LeftRightTopDown to LeftRightAlternateTopDown. Not sure why this was needed or why it did not present issues with nonsymbol flashers or PBX attract mode, but it seems to work well now. thanks to all!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Post a video or it didn’t happen! :) I like videos

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account