Introductions

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    PaSSion
    Participant
      @adrian

Hi Guys, Nice to meet you all. website looks great, nice work guys.
      Currently living in Darwin
      had some memorable times over the years with pinballs.
      worked in a pinball arcade in Rosebud : Melbourne after school.

My Williams Wide Body Cab is finished.
      All the gear for my Cabinet came from Chris @ Ozstick, a Great Bloke plenty of Knowledge. Thanks Chris :good:
      PF 42″ Soniq : BG 21.5″ DMD 19.5″
      Visual Pinball ,PinballFx2, Future Pinball
      Cheers

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Welcome!

The side graphic fire looks amazing! nice cab!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Jodannar
        Participant
          @jodannar

Nice Adrian. Ive built a Virtual Cab also, (few parts from Chris). I am canberra based

Lizard
          Participant
            @lizard

Surprising what you can find if you look. Thanks randr for hosting, I feel like i have just found the secret hideout of the virtual pinball community.

spahner
            Participant
              @spahner

Hi everybody!

Found this site from randr’s newly posted YouTube “commercials” :)

I’m a grandfather aged 40 and I live in a house with my wife and two small dogs in the south of Sweden. I work as an IT Technician since 10 years back.

Since 3 years I am working on my first pincab 47″/32″/Vishay Plasma DMD. I’ve pretty much gathered all the parts and next up is the assembly process. Still deciding where to place everything in the cab so that might take a while hehe. Anyway, it’s the most ambitious project I’ve ever started and probably the most fun as well. Will probably ask a lot of questions when I start running the cables and between the PSUs, LEDWiz, contactors, knocker, relays, fuses and resistors! :D I have Zeb’s Pinball electrical 101 guide as a bible by the bed.

Thanks for starting this community and always nice with a fresh HTML 5 designed site!  :good:

spahner
              Participant
                @spahner

“not applicable” <— so that’s what “Portfolio” meant when signing up! LOL  ;-)

Any chance that some admin can change that to “spahner” instead of “not applicable”?

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I will fix that for ya. Lol! At least I know why some user names are odd now! ;)

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Hi everybody! Found this site from randr’s newly posted YouTube “commercials” :) I’m a grandfather aged 40 and I live in a house with my wife and two small dogs in the south of Sweden. I work as an IT Technician since 10 years back. Since 3 years I am working on my first pincab 47″/32″/Vishay Plasma DMD. I’ve pretty much gathered all the parts and next up is the assembly process. Still deciding where to place everything in the cab so that might take a while hehe. Anyway, it’s the most ambitious project I’ve ever started and probably the most fun as well. Will probably ask a lot of questions when I start running the cables and between the PSUs, LEDWiz, contactors, knocker, relays, fuses and resistors! ? I have Zeb’s Pinball electrical 101 guide as a bible by the bed. Thanks for starting this community and always nice with a fresh HTML 5 designed site! :good:

Glad to have you here as a member! What one of the goofy videos(commercials) got you to join? :)

for IOS and Android

Ron
                    Participant
                      @radikal

Hi all. Stumbled across a promo video by Randr (I think) and am intrigued to see what will define this site’s experience.

Like many, I have a Cab partly built with a dash of Future Pinball to show Bam, a spot purchase of a Pinball FX2 ‘bundle’ from Steam and hundreds of VP 9.x/PM5/VPX tables. As time and priorities permit, I will add DOF driven toys and finish the physical cabinet. Until then, I spend more time playing than installing tables than building the dang Cab — a most mesmerizing hobby with a great bunch of pinballers!

-Ron

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Happy to have you as a member! Welcome!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

VPF is a great site! The best! I like the owner as well, but lets face the facts here… Visual Pinball is a hobby NOT a business. I hosted this site for a couple of reasons… A: Wanted a site EVERYONE can post and talk to each other. B: I REALLY don’t like people discussing DOF or sam emulation on VPF! C: Do not like the banning of links to other sites! hate that! D: I was bored and thought i would try and setup a forum. E: Never charge for site access that is wrong! Donations sure… vpuniverse gets it! Speaking of vpuniverse another great site! So come on people post some content! ?

I’m glad to have found this site. Great to have a “safe” place to chat about all things virtual pinball.

I had been using Future Pinball and VP since back in 2007/08…. but hadn’t been up to date with too much of it since then. In the last year I got right back into both big time, and had ALOT of catching up to do since I wanted to build my own pinball / arcade cabinet.

It wasn’t until after I was done most of my cabinet that I started to read on all the various forums… wow there is alot of history, and “politics” that happened over that last 6 years whether it be VP Forums, Future Pinball and its creator, modding of tables, Stern, etc…

Made for quite the bit of reading to catch up on alot of it, and I’m still learning more about the good and bad bits of the past everyday…. but it seems most people had grown up a little and moved on to just having fun with this great hobby, and its great community which I’m happy to be a part of.

Thank you to the many talented people out there.

It really sucks having to be posted to places where arcade games and pinball don’t exist. (I became a tech for the Canadian military 6 years ago) You guys help to keep my youth alive!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

VERY happy to have you as a member here! Welcome!

for IOS and Android

spahner
                            Participant
                              @spahner

a member! What one of the goofy videos(commercials) got you to join? :)

The first two ones you uploaded on your YouTube chan. Although it doesn’t take much to get me to join anything pinball related! ;)

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Hi guys… I just found this site today on my quest for new VP table sources.   :)

Glad to see some familiar names here.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Thanks for posting a hello! Glad you found us! :good:

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  AndersE
                                  Participant
                                    @anderse

Maybe i should present myself also.

I live outside Halmstad in south of sweden. I am 51 years old and i studied electronics in school ages ago.
                                    I wanted to be a tv/radio technician when i was young. It did not happen ;(
                                    But i have kept doing projects for myself instead.
                                    I collect old videogames and did “collect” arcade games also (not anymore), but i still repair old boards sometimes.
                                    I had at most around 10 cabs.
                                    Now i only have a homebuilt cab with 6 original boards in, + a jamma cab + an original hypersports and a original
                                    coctail rally-x, and an electromechanical Williams Flotilla.
                                    I also have a Gottlieb Vulcan pinball in bad shape.
                                    I was just interested in arcade games when i was younger.

Now i just built a pinball cab with ledwiz’es and stuff.
                                    I also have 2 3d printers i built myself.

I also like cars, i own 5 cars right now.

This summer it probably won’t be much electronics as i have to fix a lot on my house (i live alone).

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Nice to have another car guy on board! Oh and another pinball guy too!  B-)

for IOS and Android

Tom Speirs
                                      Participant
                                        @tspeirs

Hi all,

Tom here (PinballX and GameEx guy).

Just seen this site and joined.

Arcade and Pinball ate my youth but I enjoy developing more than playing now.

I own a mint reconditioned Funhouse and two digital cabs.

Cheers.

Tom.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Tom glad to see you! As you know pbx is my favorite pin frontend :good:

for IOS and Android

Itchigo
                                          Participant
                                            @itchigo

Hi Tom! Thanks for saving us from Hyperpin….. :yes:

I was surprised when Paul went off on you. But now you probably see what people are talking about over there.

You’re always welcome at my place as well. :good:

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 246 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?