Introductions

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Thanks for saying hello! And welcome to the site :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

takut
      Participant
        @takut
        MemberContributor

Just want to say hello. I’m 36 years old and live in germany. I joined the VP community in 2012 and have a simple build cab running. Nothing special for sure. I don’t have any skills in graphic design and programming, so I’m only a “using” user. I took a break for a couple months due to health reasons ao I missed some stuff and just found this site here recently. Looks promising and some familiar faces here ;)

Welcome to this great site :-)

If you want, you can alos join the german VP side from flippermarkt: http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Shadow
        Participant
          @shadowshd

Hi everyone,

Registered on VPinball since a few months but forgot to say Hello… So let me repair this ;)

I’m a 44 yo “kid” living in South West of France, who likes pinball and has built his pincab machine last year.

Its specs : Asus B85M-E mobo, Intel Core i7-4770, Geforce GTX 770, 8 Gb DDR3, 240 Gb SSD, running Windows 10 x64.

I’d like to say a very very big big THANK YOU to all of you, authors, creators and contributors for your hard work done for the community  :good:

Cheers ;)

++

michelmo
          Participant
            @michelmo

Hi to all,

Just join your community and sure I will learn a lot (mean I have to learn A-Z), I’m french retired in Thailand , so sorry for my not perfect English writing.

gavb73
            Participant
              @gavb73

Hi all from the uk

First of all, fantastic forum you have set up here randr. It was actually your youtube vids that got me back into virtual pinball. I dabbled around with it some years ago but lost interest as it was still in its early stages. Absolutely blown away by just how far it has come over the last few years. I am currently in the process of planning a cabinet build. My plan is to build a Williams widebody. 42″/27″/Vishay Plasma DMD (i think). Have a feeling that being in the uk i am going to struggle abit to locate parts though.
              Anyway, big thanks randr, and a big thanks to all the creators of these wonderfull tables

Dark
                @dark
                vipMemberContributor

@gavb73

Hey welcome back to the VP scene, it’s a pretty great time for the hobby! :)

3dcreation

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Welcome!

for IOS and Android

cure80
                  Participant
                    @cure80

Hey guys nice to be here good to see such an active  community of  players

Didgipin
                    Participant
                      @mtpinning

Awesome site here! I’m just sourcing parts now and have most gathered up to start in on playing with software.  Super pumped!  Thanks for the fantastic forums here and all the help and advice thats here! Cheers!  :good:

mr-monoxide
                      Participant
                        @mr-monoxide

This is day 1 of my virtual pinball journey. I do not know how any of this stuff works but I am quick to learn and understand plus I’m quite persistent. I am currently waiting on all the components to arrive but when they do I’m certain I will have a hundred questions that I hope to find answers to on this site. Until then I will read up on as much related info as I can to at least form some kind of basic understanding of how VP works.. Oh, and hello my name is Johnny Monoxide. You may call me Mr-Monoxide, Johnny, John or any other name you feel is applicable.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Well John. Do yourself a favor of installing VP on a regular PC. Get it up and running, play – have fun and experiment. Its the same software – just need to use it a bit differently when you go for a cab.

thedia
                          Participant
                            @thedia

Hidehoo Pinball-fanatics,

I´m a 56 year young addict from Germany and started playing on the 60s machine “Capersville”, which my uncle owned. During my weeks of training i brought the mechanical 6 digit counter around to zero finally, a task I now again trying with the VPX version. :)

After that I was hooked for live, but since the early 2000s all machine are gone over here and – as much fun as it is to play digital versions – nothing beats the real stuff. :(

Finally last week a new pub over here in Duesseldorf opened with two machines in perfect condition (ST-next generation and Addams Family) and after testing them out for a few hours I discovered that I have almost lost my touch. :) But I will train weekly now. …

But another thing bothers me. I´m searching for two pinballs I loved, but forgot the name and manufacturer, perhaps someone can help me out:

1. A machine from the 60s. Space themed – and the only thing I remember is that there was a orbiting ball on the vertical display. I always thought it was ORBIT but playing it ewokes no memories.

2. Some very strange pinball – you where playing on Mars (or at least a different planet) which had strange gravity features which where simulated with a curved playing field and lots of magnets. The balls could even roll below the flippers and come up again and each shot was a new adventure. This thing must been from the late 80s / early 90s and I only had the chance to play it few times.

Any help would be great…

Best wishes from rainy Germany

dia

Attachments:
                            freelunch
                            Participant
                              @freelunch

Hidehoo Pinball-fanatics,

2. Some very strange pinball – you where playing on Mars (or at least a different planet) which had strange gravity features which where simulated with a curved playing field and lots of magnets. The balls could even roll below the flippers and come up again and each shot was a new adventure. This thing must been from the late 80s / early 90s and I only had the chance to play it few times.

Orbitor 1 (Stern 1982)?
                              https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1725

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              thedia
                              Participant
                                @thedia

Orbitor 1 (Stern 1982)?

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1725

Exactly,

many thanks. Never imagined that the machine was so old. :)

freelunch
                                Participant
                                  @freelunch

If you don’t get a lead on the other table, I’d recommend browsing through pictures of all the space-themed tables by date. And welcome to the vpinball. https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?gtype=EM&tm=space&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

32assassin made a orbitor1 release https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12614

lost soul
                                    Participant
                                      @lostsoul

hello every body i just joined the forum, ive always loved pinball, im a young 42 year old man from topsail island north carolina, i look forward

to reading all the great information this forum has to offer on my journey of building some thing great.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Welcome!

********************************************************
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Rickey
                                        Participant
                                          @rickh

Hello Everyone!

Hi, my name is Rickey and I have been lurking on this forum for almost two years before I realized that I never introduced myself.   I am a Hardware Engineer by trade, so I enjoy designing and building cabinets and electronics.  To date I have built 5 cabinet based systems (two minis and 3 table tops), so I consider myself a veteran of sorts.  My latest endeavor is a dual-trapezoidal back box that is based on the Gotllieb Wedgehead with an exaggerated Raygun Gothic look.   I have also designed a lower-cost pinball shooter system based on Pinscape along with a KL25Z plug-in daughter board that provides easy plug-in for up to 10 ea. buttons, 16 ea .3A outputs (5V and 12V), and 5 ea. 4A outputs (12V or 24V) for knockers or motors.   One of these days I’ll offers these for sale so I can raise funds for future projects.

Regards,

Rickey

SavageMind
                                          Participant
                                            @savagemind

Hi all,
                                            I stil have yet to make a machine. I am excited though. Unfortunately, I dont have all the wood working tools to build my own cab. I have tons of questions and been researching for a few weeks now. Im eager to tap the knowledge of this group and build a really nice system. Thanks! :yahoo:

No matter where you go....There you are!

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 246 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?