This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  randr 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

HauntFreaks what got you started in VP?

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

I love fast cars and faster women…. lol

I’ve been/was a graphic designer for over 20yrs maybe 25 …. after I was laid off I had tons of time on my hands… but also had plenty of hobbies to keep me busy, at the time I flying RC aircraft… so I turned it into a business, I built a CNC machine to make parts for Multirotor copters (drones)… this was kinda an easy transition because of knowing how the design software worked, and have a friend thats a machinist that help on the machine end… since then china has taken over and that business is lacking to say the least… during that time I came across some stuff about people using a Raspberry PI in the RC world… so searching info. I seen someone use a PI for a 80’s mame machine… so I had to build one , so I built a bartop machine… doing research on this…. I seen my first VP Machine… then I found FP… started collecting games and after a while I seen how the graphics were inserted into the game, and said… humm… this is no different than any other design work… then had to build a pin cab …. which only ran FP at first, talking to people I was convinced to install VP, (what a nightmare compared to FP)… after lots of videos and reading I finally understood how it all worked… so my VP table collection started overriding my FP tables…. and again seen how VP used its graphics… so author for me is a very loose term… I barely understand any of the code, I get by if I need to change some stuff here and there… I’m no coder tho at all… I can’t stress that enough… so that’s the progression of how i got here… recently I started working on a full size hyperspin machine, so here we go again… lost,… thought it would be no different then the pin cab and the PI machine, boy was I wrong… so more trying to learn all this new BS….. so blah blah blah…. that my story…. sorry for the rambling if anyone made it this far without falling asleep…. ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Well I will say your tables look great! Really like the scooby kiss mod and the pumpkin Ryan table! Explains why the look so nice with graphic design in your background! Vp needs more of these “original” types of tables.

MnHotRod 
    Participant

Cool! Thanks for sharing HauntFreaks

Jesperpark 
    Participant

I miss @hauntfreaks…  When is he coming back mommy when???  :cry:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Miss him too :scratch:

Nemo 
    Participant

Yup, second that ! What has happened to the guy, loved his remarks, hope nothing serious is going on…..

Drybonz 
    Participant

Yeah, I miss him too… have not heard from him at all.

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

:cry: Nothing but good things to say about the guy – so, lets hope he is ok and back posting soon.

RustyCardores 
    Participant

He was last seen on Pinside October 14th, 2016 …so that’s fairly recent.

Laylow 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

He watches us in silence..

Join on facebook! Visual Pinball Addicts will daily post all the latest releases, WIPs and other news from all the main VP websites.

Some users who have liked this topic:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

shows he was here last 3 months ago :(

Members

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account