Issues with 10.4 anyone?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stiffboard
    Participant
      @stiffboard

I keep getting strange errors now and then. Got some tables working with my three monitors. Updated to 10.4 with the new Installer, which overwrite my screenres.txt, should it really do that… and after that my backglass monitor is not entirely fullscreen, can’t get rid of Windows Activity bar and start button. Also, but today, not directly after upgrade, I got some tables where the DMD is gigantic and in front of the table. What exactly saves the position of the DMD? Resizing and moving to the correct monitor and when I restart it’s back to where it was. Also wonder who to fix when DMD is behind the table and you can’t get it in front. With alt tab I can see it but not select it.

Don’t think I really understand the relationship between Backglass server and VPinmame, DMD…  :scratch:

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

No. Screenres.txt should not be overwritten. I believe that is not related to VPX but might be done by PBX. I kind of tell PBX to not do anything it believes is smart in my setup. No file-matching. No controlling anything.

About your DMD. Maybe you have a file dmddevice.ini that needs to be adjusted a bit. Turn off the virtual dmd ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Stiffboard
        Participant
          @stiffboard

Checked the ini, finding new stuff every day. Some games works perfectly. Am I messing with ROM files or nvram while I try stuff? Now some DMD are visible but no content…

Got a 10″ touchscreen for dmd, settings below

[virtualdmd]
          enabled = true
          ; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
          stayontop = true
          ; hide the resize grip
          hidegrip = false
          ; x-axis of the window position
          left = 0
          ; y-axis of the window position
          top = 0
          ; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
          width = 800
          ; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
          height = 600

Thanks for helping… :good:

Btw, the setup throws up B2S_SetUp.exe during installation, and that application writes directly to file it seems?

Might have bit awkward screenres…running playfield in Portrait.

Stiffboard
          Participant
            @stiffboard

Some Global setting is probably messed up as I tried to copy a back a fresh download of Black knight and no dmd visible anymore.

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

Screenres.txt is the document that tells VP the dimensions of your displays and how the PF and backglass are to be portrayed on those displays and should only be changed if your screen set up changes.

If you run vpinmame in cabinet mode it will save your dmd positions.

You shouldn’t need to mess with any rom files or nvram, except some times certain game functions maybe stuck or not working properly that may require you to delete the nvram file and generate a new one by running the table again without a nvram.  Note that if you have a high score deleting the nvram will delete the scores as well.  It’s not uncommon for a table to be updated to a newer version of VP and due to the changes may require the nvram be deleted for the table to run right again.

3dcreation

Thalamus
                @thalamus

@stiffboard : You kind of need to decide if you want to run the regular pinmame dmd or dmddevice’. In your ini file you’ve said .. ok to running the virtual dmd from dmddevice. You’ve also said thank you to run on top. I have a real dmd so I don’t have much experience with the stay on top function. I just seen some people have had issues while it was set to enabled.

When you press F1 – you can choose … use external dmd – that means that you enable the dmddevice and its *.ini file. Don’t run with both at the same time. Pick only one or the other. This can be done on a table basis. Please also note. That some tables enables the pinmame dmd in the script so even if you turn it off it might come up, that’s when you need to start to read about how to turn it off. Xenonph and a few others have written about it a ton of times already.

Hope this helps you out some.

Stiffboard
                Participant
                  @stiffboard

Are you saying I should use either Show DMD/Display window or Use external DMD (do this last option mean using dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini?)

Going with the Use external… give a DMD on Black knight again but it’s not flexible in sizing…if you know what I mean and I can’t rightclick, so I’m guessing I haven’t had that setting before cause I get the menu on rightclick on DMD. I’m having trouble understanding which application handles what, frustrating and annoying at the moment. I have set enable to false in ini file again… And no tick for Use external… But Show DMD is ticked as before.

Doesn’t really matter for Black knight as the scores are on backglass.

In VPinMame setup, Setup paths… What does the Display setting mean here? Default in my case.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

I expect that you want your dmd in the same place every time. So it is just a matter of adjusting the dmddevice.ini to fit to where you want it. And dmddevice.dll is reading dmddevice.ini. The *.ini file is just a text file so change some values and you’ll see what happens.

Yes, use one solution. As I said, I own a real dmd so I don’t need to move it. But, I have a few tables where because of a bug the dmd if using external ( which I prefer ) is so delayed that the game is kind of impossible to play. For those I untick use external dmd and use the pinmame one which I can move like you describe. It is actually possible to have dmddevice show in different location but that requires adding new info into dmddevice.ini. Don’t believe you’ll be needing it.

Stiffboard
                    Participant
                      @stiffboard

Thanks, finally got this sorted out. And about the F6 Camera Mode, the new solution is brilliant, I just didn’t read the new instructions on screen for the 10.4 version of VP.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?