Jive Time (Williams 1970)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

@MisterB Please, can you try what Roth said earlier in this thread. http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/jive-time-williams-1970-2/page/2/#post-73643

If you’re not sure how. Go up in the menu and find sound manager. Then just mark a sound and press the play button. See if you can nail which tune is not playing correctly ( if any ?). I guess we could redo what you just told us, but, it would be better for everyone if you could help us understanding if the sound is ok from the sound manager, but, not while the game is running.

xenonph
      Participant
        @xenonph
        MemberContributor

It is the MP3 that you place in music folder that isn’t working, and I will explain to you why.

It is not in stereo.

Capture-3

If you import this sound effect or music into Audacity, a free sound editor, and export as is, it will give you a .wav file.

Which you then can import into sound manager of table and this sound effect will work only if called through the sound manager, and only as a .wav file.

I ran into this a long time ago, as I have been working on all these sound mods for a bit now.

So if the sound effect is not in stereo, it needs to be played through the sound manager as a wav file, and not as MP3 through music folder.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

What I do is I add keycode that plays sound effects  with flipper press, to test each and every sound effect and make sure it plays.

Specially the MP3’s, as the wav files usually never have a problem playing.

I would say that this sound effect or mp3 is not working for anyone as is.

DOUBLE EDIT:

This MP3 is in a folder that does not actually say music.

Is this MP3 supposed to go into music folder? Or is this MP3 included with download, just a “sample of sounds” you will hear on table?

Attachments:
        Thalamus
          @thalamus

Not following you my friend. I don’t remember extracting any sounds to music folder for this table ?! And all sounds, to the best of my knowledge works for me. Well. Tired, have had troubles sleeping lately so maybe I understand what you wrote in the morning :)

Off to counting sheep’s …

xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

I believe all sounds are working for me also.

I think I am mistaking that mp3 included with download, that says “Table Audio” on the folder, with something that needs to be moved into music folder.

Is this “Table Audio” mp3 used for frontends or something? Maybe this is what is confusing some to thinking they are not hearing any music?

All sound effects are working if this mp3 is not called from table.

EDIT:

Just re-read the whole topic from page one. (Guess I should have done this from start!!)

Sound effects work for me.

Check the sounds as Thalamus suggests above and make sure they are playing from sound manager.

Also check your preferences, audio, as maybe you clicked something in there?

Capture-4

Attachments:
            1 user thanked author for this post.
            MisterB
            Participant
              @wz66h1

Did as Roth said.  All sounds play individually ok. I can play repeatedly with no issue.  Sounds settings all look ok too!  I did notice at times if I skipped from one sound to the next, if done to quickly, there would be just a brief blip of sound on the larger bells and would have to press play again and it would be fine until I changed to another sound bite (bells only).  It is consistent in the game.  As soon as the ball hits a pop bumper, all sounds are gone for about 3 seconds.  Avoiding pop bumpers (hard) I’m good.  Definitely related to the bells or any sounds that go wi them when hitting the pop bumpers or the spin hole. Sounds like it is working for most.  I’ll keep playing with it and get it straight.  Thanks for everyone’s help.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

@misterb Thank you for valuable feedback. I’m not sure why this happens to you, but, it sounds to me like a bug that we as a community should try to nail. :good:

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

Version 1.2

Added a separate download for a table with a raised playfield for more realistic kicker behavior and increased table difficulty.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Nice surprise where do you find the time!?

Thank you and  i will have both in cab to compare :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

I go to bed at night and when I wake up it’s there waiting for me. I also find instructions signed by Tyler Durden.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Thanks for the update. I didn’t notice that you updated this so the hs at gotw is on 1.1.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

This is a great update Roth. Not so easy to exploit the saucers as before so now you should consider playing for the bumpers instead ! :good:

rothbauerw
                            @rothbauerw

This is a great update Roth. Not so easy to exploit the saucers as before so now you should consider playing for the bumpers instead ! :good:

Yes, that was the primary reason I raised playfield.  On the real table, you need to play for the bumpers as well.  :good:

MisterB
                            Participant
                              @wz66h1

I’m finally back.  The one with the sound cutting out issue when you hit the pop bumpers or anything with a larger bell.  I had some time to play around with this and for me, the problem is resolved.  In sound manager,  moved the two larger bells from the cabinet audio to the backglass which is handled by the pc sound card.  This took care of the problem.  I’m not sure why the Audigy would struggle with this during game play.  The sounds played ok in sound manager, but not during the playing of the game.  Sound card drivers were all updated.  Most tables the sound is fine, so I hate to change the sound card.  The system itself is a core I5

rennervision
                              Participant
                                @rennervision

I’m having a blast with this!

Has anyone tried to change the table’s inclination in Camera/Light Edit Mode?  I’m playing on my desktop and it acts like it saves my change, but then reverts back to the original angle when I restart VPX.

I’ve even gone so far as to open the table in the editor and under Backdrop > Options I manually set the inclination there and save.  But again, it’s right back to its original setting when I restart.

This is the only table giving me that problem.   :unsure:

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

I’m having a blast with this!

Has anyone tried to change the table’s inclination in Camera/Light Edit Mode? I’m playing on my desktop and it acts like it saves my change, but then reverts back to the original angle when I restart VPX.

I’ve even gone so far as to open the table in the editor and under Backdrop > Options I manually set the inclination there and save. But again, it’s right back to its original setting when I restart.

This is the only table giving me that problem. :unsure:

VP might be pulling in the .pov file each time you load the game.  Try deleting or renaming the .pov and see if that fixes your issue.

arconovum
                                  Participant
                                    @nicholaschristopher
                                    MemberContributor

@renner, are you using a VP frontend, is it possible you are saving to a different file, than the one your frontend is loading?

because that makes no sense. and VP is not auto loading a POV(manual only).

rennervision
                                    Participant
                                      @rennervision

VP might be pulling in the .pov file each time you load the game. Try deleting or renaming the .pov and see if that fixes your issue.

Removing the pov file fixed it.  Thanks!

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

@renner, are you using a VP frontend, is it possible you are saving to a different file, than the one your frontend is loading?

because that makes no sense. and VP is not auto loading a POV(manual only).

Not correct ( it was added not that long time ago ). It is if the pov file is named like the table. filname.vpx loads filename.pov. There is actually a global filename that you can lookup in the doc ( to lazy ) that will override them all. Can be useful I guess if you keep your tables in sub folders like Hauntfreaks does.

TommyBee
                                        Participant
                                          @tommybee

Fun table! Thanks for creating and sharing it.

I have a 7.1 SSF audio system. All the mechanical flipper, bumper etc. sounds are great, but I don’t hear any bells/chimes. I tried increasing the VPX volume but it didn’t make any difference. I often have to adjust volumes on newer machines with ROMs, but this is the first time I’ve run into this with an EM table. I’m still a newb when it comes to VPX, so apologies if it’s something really basic!

TommyBee
                                          Participant
                                            @tommybee

Sorry, I just saw the comments earlier in the thread regarding sound issues. I will read through those and try any suggested fixes. Thanks again for the great table!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?