JP’s Elvis MOD

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    chokeee
    Participant
      @chokeee

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=80917

JP’s Elvis table mod.

Big thank you to JP for give me permission to mod his great table!

I didnt plan it. As usual, I started to change physics and sounds to match this table to myself. One day, I asked Hauntfreaks for help coding flupper’s flashers, and he directed me to DjRobX. That’s how it started. I was playing with materials, exploring physics stuff and getting to better know visual pinball. I asked questions and asked for help many members from our community (great and kind people you r).
      When the table was already heavily modified and so great authors helped me in this, I decided to ask JP for permission to share this table. I was working on the table in my free time, which I do not have too much and here’s the effect :)

Big thanks to:
      – JP (his great Elvis table, new Elvis dance code and the whole his contribution to the development of Visual Pinball)
      – DjRobX (flupper’s flashers)
      – flupper1 (playfield shadows, bumper caps and lighting, flat ramp textures and many, many tips and hints I can not mention)
      – Tom Tower (new Elvis, apron primitive, other stuff from his tables and many tips)
      – Hauntfreaks (lighting tips, materials tips, instruction card)
      – Dids666 (3D stuff tips…)
      – everybody who helped me…

Changes:
      – apron primitive (Tom Tower), apron graphic
      – playfield shadows and material
      – bumper caps and lighting
      – flipper bats (flupper1)
      – new Elvis (Tom Tower)
      – ramp materials and textures
      – ball shadow (ninuzzu)
      – some plastic stuff
      – modified some elements textures
      – small items have been added and changed/moved (screws, walls, plates, brackets, gates, rubbers, ball …)
      – a lot of changes in the table sounds, in particular flat and wire ramps (some sound tables will seem too loud / too strong for you but in my opinion it adds reality and feel that the ball is heavy …
      – new physics
      – some other changes that I do not remember;)

I would add some primitives (flat ramps, hotel and other wall/ramp elements) but unfortunately I do not have 3D skills ;)
      The good information is that some top 3D author propably will make flat ramps primitives for this tabele in the future :)

I included 3 backdrop POVs: JP’s, flupper’s and mine for minicabs.

I hope you will like it and if something have to be changed we will do it together. Have a nice game :)

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

As soon as I’m near a pc I will fix screeen shots then approve.  :good:  less then 1 hour

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Only tried the table once as of yet. But, to me it looks and plays very well. Looking forward to playing it more during this weekend. Thank you very much !

Gunner
          Participant
            @knievel

My backglass isn’t working with this version for some reason but the tables looks and plays great. Thanks!

Mark70
            Participant
              @mark70

Great! Thank you for sharing, I also like louder ramp sounds. :good:

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Beautiful. Great job with inserts — nice and bright.

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

Gorgeous

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

awesome job man… looks and plays great!!

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

Great table!!

Thanks!!!

@Gunner … Try naming the table same as backglass or vice versa. (Make sure they both have exact same name.)

Gunner
                      Participant
                        @knievel

Thanks I had to download the b2s again and that got it working, not sure why.

Great table, had both my parents playing it last night. Big Elvis fans  :)

@Gunner … Try naming the table same as backglass or vice versa. (Make sure they both have exact same name.)

Thanks I had to download the b2s again and that got it working. Great table!

Jon Osborne
                        Participant
                          @jonosborne

I know everyone is loving this table but when I play it it drops frames like crazy.  I can play any other table with max gpu settings just fine, but this table is completely unplayable for me.  Is anyone else having this same issue?  Any ideas on what might be causing it?  Thanks!

azlew
                          Participant
                            @azlew

I can’t get it to run. I am using vpx10.4 What are these povs files about? I take it that they belong in a different directory that tables? :unsure:

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

The POV or “Point Of View” files are used to change your point of view on table.

With table loaded into editor, click “File” tab, then click “Import” then click “Backdrop POV” and browse to your POV file, and click it.

Now when you run your table, you will have the POV settings you just imported.

If you have a table that you particularly like the POV settings, click “File” tab and click “Export”then click “Backdrop POV”.

You can keep these files anywhere you like. They have no effect on anything unless they are imported into table.

For instance, Borgdog included a portrait and landscape POV file with his Gemini table.

Attachments:
                              azlew
                              Participant
                                @azlew

Thanks xenonph. Do I have to run or use the pov files for this table? Iguess I should mention that for now I am just a desktop player with one monitor.

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

No, they are optional accessories. Mostly to switch to/from portrait mode, and Landscape mode. For FS cabinet users usually.

Micronaut
                                  Participant
                                    @micronaut

oooooh!, masterpiece.

is a show of lights, sounds and multibolas, what a great job.

the best of all is that my low-end PC (in desktop mode) can move this avalanche with agility
                                    Thank you guys !!,thanks chokeee and all people involved in this awesome job, this is art, this is “authentically” virtual pinball, this is VPX with golden letters, this is …

Scooby
                                    Participant
                                      @scooby

I know everyone is loving this table but when I play it it drops frames like crazy. I can play any other table with max gpu settings just fine, but this table is completely unplayable for me. Is anyone else having this same issue? Any ideas on what might be causing it? Thanks!

This mod looks so great and I want to play more. Unfortunately I’m having some issues I hope someone can help me with.

I too am having some FPS drops with this table that I don’t have with other tables. I have already adjusted the usual culprits like ball reflections and AA, but the frame drops/ball stutter is still there.

I also am getting a ball stuck each time I play (screen shot attached).

Lastly when the ball goes under the left ramp, it can be seen through the ramp at times. (another couple of screenshots for this).

I’m hoping there are adjustments that can be made for these, as the table looks so great and others have it playing nicely!

azlew
                                      Participant
                                        @azlew

oooooh!, masterpiece.

is a show of lights, sounds and multibolas, what a great job.

the best of all is that my low-end PC (in desktop mode) can move this avalanche with agility

Thank you guys !!,thanks chokeee and all people involved in this awesome job, this is art, this is “authentically” virtual pinball, this is VPX with golden letters, this is …

I still can’t run this table . Again I am running it with vpx10.4 on a desktop,

Here is the error I get : Line 794  Object doesn’t support this property or method. “LitObject.BendDisableLighting” = 10 * Flashx3

Is there something else I need to add to this?

Thanks for the help!

Jon Osborne
                                        Participant
                                          @jonosborne

It’s very odd that we are having this issue. I updated to the newest beta and no luck. Every other table in my collection plays flawlessly, but this one is completely unplayable. We shouldn’t have to turn off those typical problem settings for this table, especially if the other tables all work with these settings. I have a supercomputer in my machine, so the system is not the problem. The updated table looks fantastic. I just wish I could play it! I hope you find a fix for this and I will certainly let you know if I find a solution!

I know everyone is loving this table but when I play it it drops frames like crazy. I can play any other table with max gpu settings just fine, but this table is completely unplayable for me. Is anyone else having this same issue? Any ideas on what might be causing it? Thanks!

This mod looks so great and I want to play more. Unfortunately I’m having some issues I hope someone can help me with.

I too am having some FPS drops with this table that I don’t have with other tables. I have already adjusted the usual culprits like ball reflections and AA, but the frame drops/ball stutter is still there.

I also am getting a ball stuck each time I play (screen shot attached).

Lastly when the ball goes under the left ramp, it can be seen through the ramp at times. (another couple of screenshots for this).

I’m hoping there are adjustments that can be made for these, as the table looks so great and others have it playing nicely!

chokeee
                                          Participant
                                            @chokeee
                                            1. Hmmm, I have played many hours when I was testing the physics and I have never noticed ball stuck (FS on cab and DT on 2 computers) so I have no idea where is that problem? Did u change anything on the table (ball size…)?
                                            2. Stutters… I uploaded the table with AA on, so turn it off in the table options. Also try to set in VP options like on screen. I also recomended to play all tables with Exclusive Full Screen mode.
                                            Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?