Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Dark, Bodydump,Randr,Rothbauerw,Flupper,Hauntfreaks,Lobotomy

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    isuck@pinball&life
    Participant
      @isuckpinballandlife

Thank you for this table !!!!!

another small feedback item. Raptor pit should be more violent. suggest sw26 kick power of 41. -Mike

You are correct sir, on the real table this is extremely violent except the switch in question is sw29.

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

Boy, I hope all you DOF folks have shakers, cause this is one of the best tables for that!

isuck@pinball&life
        Participant
          @isuckpinballandlife

A quick suggestion for anyone, like myself, who doesn’t have additional buttons wired for L/R/magnasave on their cab/controller

Adding an additional “or keycode = PlungerKey” to lines 785 and 833 enables the Smart Missile to be activated with your

autoplunger button. (doesn’t affect initial ball plunge)

Thanks again, for this table !!

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

As a player I feel bad to make a suggestion for this top notch table, but I hope it is ok. What do you think about a higher elasticity for the flippers. Sometimes it looks like the ball should bounce from one flipper to the other instead of rolling along the flipper to the drain. For example when the ball comes out of the left bunker or a similar angle and you don’t press the flipper button.

Usually the complaint is too bouncy, we were happy with how it played so feel free to set it to your liking.

So, actually I noticed this too.   It’s not the flipper settings.  Its the fact that the prim flippers are still set to collidable.  When the ball comes down and you don’t flip, it hits the prims and doesn’t behave correctly.  Mark those as toys and your back to expected flipper fun!

-Mike

2 users thanked author for this post.
            randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

No way! I can’t believe they are still collidable! Dammit. I swear I set them but I would guess the upper right flipper is same huh? May need to do a revision update

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Sending a Rev1.01 to Dark with all the fixes reported so far.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Sounds good, thanks for the quick fixes randr

roar
                  Participant
                    @roar

Played a bunch tonight and it is pretty amazing… agreed on the shaker motor comment, it shakes violently! I did have two balls go missing on tri-ball once. Haven’t been able to reproduce. Also couldn’t get the table to tilt when trying to free the balls incase they were stuck. The game eventually did a ball search and reported two balls were missing… I thought that was rather presumptuous of the game to think I was married… :good:

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

Woot

Punch it!

Nemo
                      Participant
                        @nemo

Ohhh my……there goes the weekend  :yahoo:

Between Dark’s masterpiece and Haunts backglass this is one bad-ass vpin !

Thanks to all involved for all your hard work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

Posted 1.01.

3dcreation

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

Played a bunch tonight and it is pretty amazing… agreed on the shaker motor comment, it shakes violently! I did have two balls go missing on tri-ball once. Haven’t been able to reproduce. Also couldn’t get the table to tilt when trying to free the balls incase they were stuck. The game eventually did a ball search and reported two balls were missing… I thought that was rather presumptuous of the game to think I was married… :good:

I’ve had one ball go missing during the 6 ball mutli ball but never a ball missing for just the tri-ball.  I figured it lost count when balls drained since I couldn’t see the ball stuck any where.  Problem is as you say, it’s hard to reproduce so hopefully we can figure out the loose end here.

3dcreation

senseless
                            Participant
                              @senseless

Fantastic work and you can see all the TLC that went into this beauty :). T-H-A-N-K-Y-O-U !!

kds70
                              Participant
                                @kds70

I played once with a green glowing ball with v1.0. The table searched / missed one and then two balls …

Because they were glowing i saw them near the bottom of the shooting lane (seemed to be rolling under the table). I´ll try now v1.101.

Thanks for this amazing table :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

roar
                                Participant
                                  @roar

I’ve had one ball go missing during the 6 ball mutli ball but never a ball missing for just the tri-ball. I figured it lost count when balls drained since I couldn’t see the ball stuck any where. Problem is as you say, it’s hard to reproduce so hopefully we can figure out the loose end here.

I will play some more for sure… sorry for the lack of information, I know how hard it is to try and reproduce anything without clear steps. I’m not even sure if I had started the t-rex tri-ball or the raptor tri-ball. The balls were lost as soon as they were auto-plunged into play, as I recall wondering where they went… didn’t drain for sure.

gustavo
                                  Participant
                                    @gbinaguy

Let me introduce myself …Im Gustavo from Uruguay ….. owned a  Bally Mystic on 1990 ..

At 46 , and being a video hobbist / fanatic since my youth , having played many of this machines , I cannot express with words the pride of being able to build my own VP cab after months of insane mental and physical work for a person that is not naturally gifted to do so . On the road , i found the best and most amazing piece of software ever encountered and the most passionate and helpful community i could ever imagined . 

Congrats to all involved this Table sets a new standard for VPX !

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw
                                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

I played once with a green glowing ball with v1.0. The table searched / missed one and then two balls … Because they were glowing i saw them near the bottom of the shooting lane (seemed to be rolling under the table). I´ll try now v1.101. Thanks for this amazing table :yahoo:

I will play some more for sure… sorry for the lack of information, I know how hard it is to try and reproduce anything without clear steps. I’m not even sure if I had started the t-rex tri-ball or the raptor tri-ball. The balls were lost as soon as they were auto-plunged into play, as I recall wondering where they went… didn’t drain for sure.

This is actually very helpful.  My first guess would’ve been that they were getting lost in the T-Rex area.  I will start looking at the shooter lane to see what I can find.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

I played once with a green glowing ball with v1.0. The table searched / missed one and then two balls … Because they were glowing i saw them near the bottom of the shooting lane (seemed to be rolling under the table). I´ll try now v1.101. Thanks for this amazing table :yahoo:

I will play some more for sure… sorry for the lack of information, I know how hard it is to try and reproduce anything without clear steps. I’m not even sure if I had started the t-rex tri-ball or the raptor tri-ball. The balls were lost as soon as they were auto-plunged into play, as I recall wondering where they went… didn’t drain for sure.

This is actually very helpful. My first guess would’ve been that they were getting lost in the T-Rex area. I will start looking at the shooter lane to see what I can find.

This is indeed helpful, randr had suspected this might be the trouble area.  We did previously have issues with flying balls with the trex saucer but I ended up making an invisible 3D mesh cage for it which makes it impossible to fly off the table.

3dcreation

rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw
                                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

@roar, when you say the balls were lost as soon as they autoplunged, does that mean the ball was in the shooter lane and made it into play, or the ball disappeared before it made it into the shooter lane?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

roar
                                          Participant
                                            @roar

@roar, when you say the balls were lost as soon as they autoplunged, does that mean the ball was in the shooter lane and made it into play, or the ball disappeared before it made it into the shooter lane?

They made it out of the shooter lane for sure, they just disappeared once they got on to the playfield, I was pre-occupied with the one ball I had control of so I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention… but I’m confident they left the shooter lane. I’m not too familiar with the JP layout so I don’t yet know where to expect autoplunged balls to return to me.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 217 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?