Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Dark, Bodydump,Randr,Rothbauerw,Flupper,Hauntfreaks,Lobotomy

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

fixed a few areas that “could” be a lost ball issue.

We are testing some changes and trying to replicate problem

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

ed18555
      Participant
        @ed18555

Amazing looking table, thanks for all your work.

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

That T-Rex model is spectacular, Dark. Love the way it reacts to the light. You’ve outdone yourself here.

Jim Martin
          Participant
            @jimm5six

another small feedback item. Raptor pit should be more violent. suggest sw26 kick power of 41. -Mike

I’m not saying you’re not right as I haven’t really watched any video of the raptor pit, but it feels pretty violent already! I can’t tell you how many times I whiff on a ball coming out of the pit! :wacko:

I haven’t watched video either. This is based on playing the real deal. It’s always shockingly fast. I sent an email to @jim5six for him to check it out. He probably would know best. -Mike

First and foremost; wonderful work on this table, the t-rex sculpt and everything else. I was happy to provide the resource material to get this thing right!

Second: I played for a while and I would agree that the raptor pit kickback is not strong enough. It is so strong, so fast that it will actually knock the flipper down if you are holding it up. Fun fact… on my prototype JP they had not put the EOS switches on and this kickback is the reason data east started using them, so when the raptor pit hit and knocked the flipper down they would re-energize.

All in all fantastic work. The only comment I can make is; get ROM 6.00 and run that instead of 5.whatever. Chads code changes the game!

-Jim

2 users thanked author for this post.
            RallyRally
            Participant
              @rallyrally

Playing on desktop here: After setting the contrast correctly, getting rid of that confounded HMLF nonsense and using my own flipper and gravity settings, this is a glorious re-creation that still plays fast and furious on my old-a$$ PC. I can tell it has been tweaked to perfection. Even the outlane divider pin rubbers seem right, and that’s something most table developers never get right.

Such a fantastic job guys, just plain fun. Love T-Rex nom-noms.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Looking forward to the day you release your mods. Sounds amazing. :yes:   :whistle:   :good:

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

1.02 is up.

3dcreation

5 users thanked author for this post.
                  TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

For some reason on 1.02 I am getting sound effects but no music or voices. Anyone else having this issue? I am using the 600 ROM but didn’t have this problem on 1.0.

robertms
                    Participant
                      @mophead

..that confounded HMLF nonsense..

Seriously dude? That’s the most constructive comment you could muster? Hundreds of hours went into developing these settings and 99% of the people here approve of the result. Thank gawd VP devs left you ways to tweak things to your liking  :negative: Crisis averted.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Nothing change would cause that issue. Maybe reboot?

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

… or delete nvram.

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Maybe that is the issue. If I use the 513 ROM it works fine.

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

Tried deleting the nvram file. Didn’t work. For some reason it won’t accept the 600 ROM. Not sure if I did something wrong.

I’ll have to toy with this tomorrow. Thanks randr and loafer.

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

Ugh. Finally got it to work. As I am running exclusive force fullscreen and the ROM is different that what is in the enabled in the script I have to alt-tab before it crashes for the first time. Usually I am able to do that and change it in the script and then run it. For some reason when I did that here the sound the audio was messed up. However if I played it with the default 513 and then changed it in the script and ran 600 the second game it worked. Is there any easier way to do this the first time you run a table for you exclusive fullscreen users?

I am probably not making much sense. I need some sleep.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

I get what you are saying. From what I understand that’s the negative with running in exclusive fullscreen and really it’s a nature of the feature so we just need to accept it :). For this reason, I always test the pin first before adding it to the cab so I don’t have to worry about this stuff.

RallyRally
                                  Participant
                                    @rallyrally

..that confounded HMLF nonsense..

Seriously dude? That’s the most constructive comment you could muster? Hundreds of hours went into developing these settings and 99% of the people here approve of the result. Thank gawd VP devs left you ways to tweak things to your liking :negative: Crisis averted.

I changed BallMass and PF Friction. How is this an insult? I don’t like HMLF. So what, I’m weird. Shall I not have any opinion and inform about what I changed to enjoy the hard work of these individuals? Leave me alone.

Ben Logan2
                                    Participant
                                      @benlogan2

1.02 update is great. Thanks. Can’t believe it plays so smoothly on my system, given all the amazing visual detail.

@Rally — mod away! I love that we have such a flexible engine. I played played a Rob Zombie at a friend’s house tonight that made me fall in love with that game, when I formerly thought it was kind of a dud for Spooky Pinball — all due to the way he’d set it up.

chokeee
                                      Participant
                                        @chokeee

Ben Logan2 do you play it with AA on? It is the first table on which I have to turn AA off ;)

STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Thanks dark and randr …

Attachments:
                                          Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

Ugh. Finally got it to work. As I am running exclusive force fullscreen and the ROM is different that what is in the enabled in the script I have to alt-tab before it crashes for the first time. Usually I am able to do that and change it in the script and then run it. For some reason when I did that here the sound the audio was messed up. However if I played it with the default 513 and then changed it in the script and ran 600 the second game it worked. Is there any easier way to do this the first time you run a table for you exclusive fullscreen users? I am probably not making much sense. I need some sleep.

@TNT2
                                            You should consider setting up an alternative startup shortcut http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/exclusive-full-screen/page/3/#post-66384

Either one of mine or vogliadecane should work for you. If you have problem with any table, use the shortcut to get out of a forced full screen and fix the problem. Since the table was just played. It would normally ( if it didn’t crash ) be the first game in the file menu -> recent game … so, very easy to get to.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 217 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?