KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant
      @allknowing2012

Well in the spirit of WIP threads I thought it was time to release this out for others to bash around and critique and improve upon. I started it nearly a year ago then lost interest and picked it up again after JP posted the KISS inspired Pokemon table.

Actually credits go to JP (& included in the table) as I re-used his “framework” and many table elements in this do-over.

I tried to follow the KISS rules wiki – but realize that its ever changing as Stern updates the rom the table rules change.

This table does NOT use a rom – cant – there is no emulation available for Spike based tables – so its all coded – I love to code more then I like to draw/photoshop :-)

Graphics are sad and that is where others can help! I did get a nice 3D Gene from Vanlion and Dark put together a Speaker for me. Thanks to them!

Anyways .. head on over to my g drive and grab the files/music/directb2s/ultradmd and give it a try. I have not cab played it that much to be sure its totally working but it seems to be playable. Keep an eye on the drive and here for any updates I post.

I just updated the code to hopefully allow both ultradmd 1.3 & 1.4 users to play the table. 1.4 allows you to choose “full color” which I find works better for the scoreboard to show.

You need 10.2 Beta for this table .. likely the latest version available.

[Now posted in the downloads section]

Anyways,  post away, hate it, love it, whatever .. just wanted to get this out for others …

Allknowing2012 – Daryl

Attachments:
      jbg4208
      Participant
        @jbg4208

Awesome work! Thanks Daryl. I’ve played this one a few times out in the wild. So much fun.

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Wow, what for a great suprise. Thank you very much.

TXT11
          Participant
            @txt11

I think :good: I’ve just pee’d my pants.  Don’t know how many times I can say thank, thank, thank you….!!

Phil Docker
            Participant
              @dock

I forgot about this being started !   This is going onto the cab ASAP!
              Many thanks.

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

Thanks a lot Daryl for this great table, as it’s a WIP I have a couple of questions/feedback.

1. When the ball drains the music stops abruptly, will there be or should there be music or sounds played at that point
                2. when trying to enter my initials the screen keeps “flickering” and almost starting over not sure if that is what you meant by timing out too quick?  Was eventually was able to get it done and move onto match. Using ultra dmd 1.4

Gotta say that is a lot of coding, much appreciated :good:

WED21
                Participant
                  @wed21

I get this error.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  TXT11
                  Participant
                    @txt11

Unfortunately, I get the same error as WED21 (MyLight.TimerInterval) when the ball comes down a ramp on both the left and right sides….. :scratch:   Also, are there any tips on a way to bring up the speakers and grill box on the db2s for a 2 screen setup?? :bye:

Daryl
                    Participant
                      @allknowing2012

The error is coming from the FlashForMS code .. going to have to research that one.  I have yet to get that error – so anything to help me narrow down the cause that would be helpful. [UPDATE] Are you using 10.2 and getting this error? FlashForMS is only supposedly working in 10.2 and better ;-)

Re:

• When the ball drains the music stops abruptly, will there be or should there be music or sounds played at that point  > I will add back in the end of ball bonus animation and sounds – the music is supposed to stop as you can (in my version) change songs after each ball (right flipper)
                      • when trying to enter my initials the screen keeps “flickering” and almost starting over not sure if that is what you meant by timing out too quick?  Was eventually was able to get it done and move onto match.  — Flickering – sort of a limitation of UltraDMD – unable to get the modifytxt function to work. I can perhaps dial down the flicker which is the switch back n forth of the chosen letter and the “-” character.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

First of all what an amazing project! I think it’s fantastic! Impressive coding the ultra dmd you have mastered! Thanks for all the time you put into this tribute  :good:

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

WED21
                        Participant
                          @wed21

I’m using 10.2.0.0 and it happens when I go thru the ramps when it drops into the lanes. Hope that helps. This table is great so far as long as I don’t hit the ramp lol!

Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

I’m using 10.2.0.0 and it happens when I go thru the ramps when it drops into the lanes. Hope that helps. This table is great so far as long as I don’t hit the ramp lol!

Can you debug this a bit for me?

Edit the KISSCore.vbs file.

Near the bottom is:

Sub FlashForMS(

Add debug lines just after that..

msgbox TotalPeriod

msgbox BlinkPeriod

msgbox Finalstate

Exit Sub

Run it .. when you hit the ramp, note the 3 values shown and press enter each time to get past it.

After you do this a couple times then change it to a quick exit sub, so that you can atleast play it while I figure out what is different.

Sub FlashForMS

Exit Sub

WED21
                            Participant
                              @wed21

Can you debug this a bit for me? Edit the KISSCore.vbs file. Near the bottom is: Sub FlashForMS( Add debug lines just after that.. msgbox TotalPeriod msgbox BlinkPeriod msgbox Finalstate Exit Sub

Run it .. when you hit the ramp, note the 3 values shown and press enter each time to get past it. After you do this a couple times then change it to a quick exit sub, so that you can atleast play it while I figure out what is different. Sub FlashForMS Exit Sub .. ..

Her ya go!

Left and Right ramp both gave me the same code: 1000, 50, 0

The only places I got errors was on the ramps but while I was doing this I got codes on these spots as well, just in case you need them too!

Right spinner: 500, 50, 0

Right Bank: 1000, 50, 0

Center Hole: 1500, 30, 0

Hope this helps! Btw this is amazing as I am a HUGE KISS fan!!

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

Impressive !

Daryl
                                Participant
                                  @allknowing2012

Can you debug this a bit for me? Edit the KISSCore.vbs file. Near the bottom is: Sub FlashForMS( Add debug lines just after that.. msgbox TotalPeriod msgbox BlinkPeriod msgbox Finalstate Exit Sub

Run it .. when you hit the ramp, note the 3 values shown and press enter each time to get past it. After you do this a couple times then change it to a quick exit sub, so that you can atleast play it while I figure out what is different. Sub FlashForMS Exit Sub .. ..

Her ya go! Left and Right ramp both gave me the same code: 1000, 50, 0 The only places I got errors was on the ramps but while I was doing this I got codes on these spots as well, just in case you need them too! Right spinner: 500, 50, 0 Right Bank: 1000, 50, 0 Center Hole: 1500, 30, 0 Hope this helps! Btw this is amazing as I am a HUGE KISS fan!!

Well those are the expected values going in … they basically flash the red flasher domes on the left & right side.

Two more things if you could:

In Vp Help->About  I am running 10.2.0 Rev 2798 32 bit. What is yours?

Can you run as admin and see if that makes any difference? Just wondering if the ExecuteGlobal is working.

I assume to that you can play JP Pokemon without issue? That new FlashForMS code is in his table as well.

roar
                                  Participant
                                    @roar

Pretty darn cool to be playing this on the cabinet… thank you very much.

TXT11
                                    Participant
                                      @txt11

:bye:   Was wondering if this could be a Windows XP 32 Bit issue ????  I have a couple of VPX/Stern tables that just won’t run, but they are ROM based (TWD and Metallica)…. :wacko:   I then tried running in desktop mode on my Win10 64 bit laptop and the tables runs, but quickly experiences Bass.DLL errors that I have to enter through, followed by not playing any of the music .mp3’s.  The table runs OK but only table sounds activate (Gene’s growl, pop bumpers, spinner etc.) :wacko:

UPDATE:-  Nope, not WinXP.  Everything running once I downloaded the lastest VPX 10.2 beta.  No more issues.  So cool to play!! :mail:

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

Nice wheel image that seems to match the logo on the playfield and cabinet:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kiss_Logo.svg

I colored an instruction card in Inkochnito’s Unused_cards section

KISS-Pro-Stern-2015

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Pretty darn cool to be playing this on the cabinet… thank you very much.

Is very impressive work.  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

Yeees it works with the latest VPX Beta (2818).

Thank you very much Daryl, it is so cool to have this gem for the cab.   :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?