KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

Outstanding – thanks very much Daryl !

Edit: here are my Media Files, just Daryls Wheel (PNG now) and IC, added my 2 Flyers … if you want.

Attachments:
      3 users thanked author for this post.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

This is a really unique and creative approach. I fired this up last night and couldn’t believe how well-done it is so far. Way to think outside the box!

WED21
        Participant
          @wed21

I’m using 10.2.0.0 and it happens when I go thru the ramps when it drops into the lanes. Hope that helps. This table is great so far as long as I don’t hit the ramp lol!

Can you debug this a bit for me? Edit the KISSCore.vbs file. Near the bottom is: Sub FlashForMS( Add debug lines just after that.. msgbox TotalPeriod msgbox BlinkPeriod msgbox Finalstate Exit Sub

Run it .. when you hit the ramp, note the 3 values shown and press enter each time to get past it. After you do this a couple times then change it to a quick exit sub, so that you can atleast play it while I figure out what is different. Sub FlashForMS Exit Sub .. ..

Her ya go! Left and Right ramp both gave me the same code: 1000, 50, 0 The only places I got errors was on the ramps but while I was doing this I got codes on these spots as well, just in case you need them too! Right spinner: 500, 50, 0 Right Bank: 1000, 50, 0 Center Hole: 1500, 30, 0 Hope this helps! Btw this is amazing as I am a HUGE KISS fan!!

Well those are the expected values going in … they basically flash the red flasher domes on the left & right side. Two more things if you could: In Vp Help->About I am running 10.2.0 Rev 2798 32 bit. What is yours? Can you run as admin and see if that makes any difference? Just wondering if the ExecuteGlobal is working. I assume to that you can play JP Pokemon without issue? That new FlashForMS code is in his table as well. [/quote

I’m running 10.2.0 Rev 2774 32 bit. Run as Admin and I can play Pokemon with no problem.

Daryl
          Participant
            @allknowing2012

I think that is just a bit too old ..

from the beta thread where the FlashForMS was implemented, I believe we needed this added feature:

rev2778 is up:

– fix timer handling for flashers
            – add Duration property to the light element (see changelog.txt and CommandReference.txt for details)
            – revert park pos to 0.1667, and enable park pos also for non-mech plunger

FlashForMS makes this call which will fail for your version…

MyLight.Duration 2, TotalPeriod, FinalState

Paulo Carvalho
            Participant
              @paulohotline

Hey thanks for this awesome release. The table looks great in the cab!

I had to update UltraDMD to 1.4 to get it to go, not sure of my previous version. The new installer makes it painless.

Grab 1.4 here -> https://ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
              http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
              "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Jack
              Participant
                @breikers

Can’t wait to try this ! I am new to UltraDMD so hope I can get this to run on my Cab ! Thanks man !

TXT11
                Participant
                  @txt11

Don’t you love this community…. Daryl has already posted an updated table under the Google Drive… Legend !!

Laylow
                  Participant
                    @pinlow
                    MemberContributor

The latest update gives me a script error. Using dev 2820.  But awesome table! :yahoo:

Ah

Daryl
                    Participant
                      @allknowing2012

The latest update gives me a script error. Using dev 2820. But awesome table! :yahoo:

Update the .vbs files as well.. the error is calling a new .vbs routine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Laylow
                      Participant
                        @pinlow
                        MemberContributor

The latest update gives me a script error. Using dev 2820. But awesome table! :yahoo:

Update the .vbs files as well.. the error is calling a new .vbs routine.

Mmm that I forgot, thanks Daryl  :good:

Ah

Jack
                        Participant
                          @breikers

Looks really awesome ! This must have been a lot of work ! But I do have a problem with the latest build (1025) The ball does not drain between the flippers, but seems to be lying between the flippers. Like there is an invisible wall. What could be the problem ? Am I missing something ?

Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

Looks really awesome ! This must have been a lot of work ! But I do have a problem with the latest build (1025) The ball does not drain between the flippers, but seems to be lying between the flippers. Like there is an invisible wall. What could be the problem ? Am I missing something ?

OOps that is my testing wall.. just click on the funky shape in the editor and remove that wall/box.

Jack
                            Participant
                              @breikers

That did it Daryl! Thanks !

kurt mueller
                              Participant
                                @karlzon18

Hi,

fantatic table like it but there is one problem no music fx sound is okay.  Musicfiles are in vp\Music any ideas ?  VPX ver 10.2.0 Rev 2798, Ultra DMD ver 1.3. Updated Ultra DMD to ver 1.4 same problem.

Tanks for any help and sorry for my poor englisch.

Karlson

Daryl
                                Participant
                                  @allknowing2012

Hi, fantatic table like it but there is one problem no music fx sound is okay. Musicfiles are in vp\Music any ideas ? VPX ver 10.2.0 Rev 2798, Ultra DMD ver 1.3. Updated Ultra DMD to ver 1.4 same problem. Tanks for any help and sorry for my poor englisch. Karlson

You should have bg_xxx.mp3 files in music – okay.. try playing one or two outside of VP .. just on your pc make sure they are playing fine there. if they dont play on your pc then it could be a codec issue.

They are set to play to the background music channel ..So go into VP and check preferences->Audio, check the play Music section perhaps change the card/port that its assigned there and see if that corrects the issue.

Johngreve
                                  Participant
                                    @johngreve

Wow….I love this!

Plays great….music sounds terrific and the graphics and toys look great too. What a great table!

You’d never know that there isn’t a ROM running this beast….what an achievement by you Daryl. Thanks very much for sharing your very fine work with “the commoners”,I’m totally not worthy. ?

One question….when trying to enter  my initials on the high score screen on the DMD the DMD keeps going blank,then I have to push in the launch button to illuminate the the DMD again to try to get the initials entered. It’s really tricky and to be honest I haven’t been able to accomplish this yet.Im using build 1022,I see that there is a newer build now,maybe that addressed that? I’ll check the new build out ASAP.

Thanks once again!!

Daryl
                                    Participant
                                      @allknowing2012

Wow….I love this! Plays great….music sounds terrific and the graphics and toys look great too. What a great table! You’d never know that there isn’t a ROM running this beast….what an achievement by you Daryl. Thanks very much for sharing your very fine work with “the commoners”,I’m totally not worthy. ? One question….when trying to enter my initials on the high score screen on the DMD the DMD keeps going blank,then I have to push in the launch button to illuminate the the DMD again to try to get the initials entered. It’s really tricky and to be honest I haven’t been able to accomplish this yet.Im using build 1022,I see that there is a newer build now,maybe that addressed that? I’ll check the new build out ASAP. Thanks once again!!

I havent been able to duplicate this .. are you running UltraDMD 1.4? You should see > –   < with the – flashing between a letter and the minus sign. Left/right flippers to change and plunger / enter to select.

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

@Daryl

I am having the same issue as @johngreve with the DMD.  It was what i meant in my first post but not described as accurately as John did

I am running 1.4, but i got my initials in as i wanted my high score  B-)

karlson18
                                        Participant
                                          @karlson18

You should have bg_xxx.mp3 files in music – okay.. try playing one or two outside of VP .. just on your pc make sure they are playing fine there. if they dont play on your pc then it could be a codec issue. They are set to play to the background music channel ..So go into VP and check preferences->Audio, check the play Music section perhaps change the card/port that its assigned there and see if that corrects the issue.

Thanks taht did it, plays great and with music it feels much better, great job :good:   :good:

Daryl
                                          Participant
                                            @allknowing2012

First the music – yes you need those files .. in my music directory. They go into your vp/music directory as is (no zip or anything).

Installing UltraDMD – go to the ultradmd home page (google) and grab the .msi windows installer file. Install it with that  into a new directory anywhere on your drive .. doesnt have to be part of vp. I use c:\ultradmd.

My understanding is this will talk to your real dmd but I dont know the how to – I think it just works.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?