KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    razor
    Participant
      @razors1978

I get this error when I launch the table. And I have all the music files in the music directory within VP. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments:
      kurt mueller
      Participant
        @karlzon18

I am not sure, but this a VPX table think you have to put table backglass and the music files into your VPX folder music into the music folder.

razor
        Participant
          @razors1978

I am not sure, but this a VPX table think you have to put table backglass and the music files into your VPX folder music into the music folder.

I already put the music files in the music directory. And I launched it in desktop “mode” in latest VP 10.2, so I don’t need any backglass for this to make it work I’m sure.

kurt mueller
          Participant
            @karlzon18

You’re right for desktop mode you don’t need a backglass. Is the VPX.exe the same direcetory like the music folder? Are all vbs files in the folder are there unblocked?  Folder permissons checked?

razor
            Participant
              @razors1978

You’re right for desktop mode you don’t need a backglass. Is the VPX.exe the same direcetory like the music folder? Are all vbs files in the folder are there unblocked? Folder permissons checked?

Yes, everything is configured just right. I have also unblocked all the files that needs to be unblocked, and naturally I have permission to the folders in VP. Also I always run VP 10.2 as admin. And as a side-note, the ULTRA DMD displays the text “File not found” after the table has loaded, and as soon as I press the 1 key to start the table, that damn error shows up…very strange!

Attachments:
              Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

The dmd is saying file not found .. so something isnt right with the music directory.

It should be <vp>/Music/<files go here>

all unzipped and such .. you should be able to double click on a music file outside of VP and have it play just fine.

Check that.

razor
                Participant
                  @razors1978

The dmd is saying file not found .. so something isnt right with the music directory. It should be <vp>/Music/<files go here> all unzipped and such .. you should be able to double click on a music file outside of VP and have it play just fine. Check that.

The music files are all unzipped and put into the music directory within VP as said before. I can double click and play all the files outside of VP just fine in music players such as Winamp. So I just don’t get it.   :scratch:

Daryl
                  Participant
                    @allknowing2012

No extra base.dll’s in another directory? just the one from the 10.2 beta in the vp directory (unblocked)?

base.dll errors do pop up on the forums from time to time – not clear how they ever get resolved.

Daryl
                    Participant
                      @allknowing2012

One fix was to put a copy of bass.dll (from 10.2 beta not 10.1) into your vpinmame folder.

razor
                      Participant
                        @razors1978

One fix was to put a copy of bass.dll (from 10.2 beta not 10.1) into your vpinmame folder.

No extra Base.dll in any other folder except where it should be. in the vp directory (unblocked as always). And I’m using the Base.dll that was included with 10.2 Beta.

razor
                        Participant
                          @razors1978

This error shows up first, followed by the previous one mentioned before.

Attachments:
                          Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

Others have had that error with other Music tables – so did you try putting a copy of bass.dll into your vpinmame directory? Is this a fresh install?

Did you run setup.exe in vpinmame directory and click install.

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

Check which driver you have chosen in the preferences/music screen – try a different one.

JustAnotherRat
                              Participant
                                @justanotherrat

I only discovered this table today (I have looked many times to see if there has been any progress) and am very excited to see how well it plays. Great job.

I do have one question though….. to make this look right on a Pin2DMD, is there a setting I could look at tweaking? The colors that I have look weird.

JustAnotherRat
                                Participant
                                  @justanotherrat

Not sure if you are after feedback here or not so if not, please ignore this post :) It is not meant to be disrespectful at all, I love this table but thought I’d advise of some things I noticed. I will play this table for hours even if these suggestions are ignored.

After playing for a while I believe the following bits could be tweaked.

• When the ball comes out of Gene’s head, on the pinball I played, it came out much faster.
                                  • Multiballs should have a ball save function for a little bit at the start (love gun and demon)
                                  • When attempting to change song between balls, my Pin2DMD blacks out for varying periods, sometimes it doesn’t seem to want to come back until I launch a ball.
                                  Daryl
                                  Participant
                                    @allknowing2012

Not sure if you are after feedback here or not so if not, please ignore this post :) It is not meant to be disrespectful at all, I love this table but thought I’d advise of some things I noticed. I will play this table for hours even if these suggestions are ignored. After playing for a while I believe the following bits could be tweaked.

• When the ball comes out of Gene’s head, on the pinball I played, it came out much faster.
                                    • Multiballs should have a ball save function for a little bit at the start (love gun and demon)
                                    • When attempting to change song between balls, my Pin2DMD blacks out for varying periods, sometimes it doesn’t seem to want to come back until I launch a ball.

The first two are easy enough .. the DMD stuff is a limitation of the UltraDMD software .. hoping for updates from that author going forward.

The dmd is only really 1 color but in Ultra|DMD i was able to use full color to get some color but I cant control it. All the dmd screen captures are 1 color and I tried using white/red/orange and just stuck with the white. Ideally the scoreboard from ultradmd would be better if you could tweak the colors used – but you cant.

Daryl
                                    Participant
                                      @allknowing2012

I only discovered this table today (I have looked many times to see if there has been any progress) and am very excited to see how well it plays. Great job. I do have one question though….. to make this look right on a Pin2DMD, is there a setting I could look at tweaking? The colors that I have look weird.

does changing the colours in ultradmd affect the pindmd? are you using 1.4 and full colour?

razor
                                      Participant
                                        @razors1978

Others have had that error with other Music tables – so did you try putting a copy of bass.dll into your vpinmame directory? Is this a fresh install? Did you run setup.exe in vpinmame directory and click install.

I did all of the above, and I still get those errors. As for the music in preferences, I have tried using both the “primary sound driver” and the “Realtek Sound driver” (which I normally always use for all the other tables) without any luck whatsoever. All the other VPM tables work perfectly fine, except Kiss.     :wacko:

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

Others have had that error with other Music tables – so did you try putting a copy of bass.dll into your vpinmame directory? Is this a fresh install? Did you run setup.exe in vpinmame directory and click install.

I did all of the above, and I still get those errors. As for the music in preferences, I have tried using both the “primary sound driver” and the “Realtek Sound driver” (which I normally always use for all the other tables) without any luck whatsoever. All the other VPM tables work perfectly fine, except Kiss. :wacko:

If other music tables work .. then try this .. remove the kiss music and make copies of other music files and name them to match the kiss music files.

Perhaps the codec I used in the music files is messing you up? See if it works with known good music files from other tables.

The table isnt scripted with anything unusual .. just the PlayMusic command.

JustAnotherRat
                                          Participant
                                            @justanotherrat

I am currently running 1.3 and full colour. I tried to upgrade to 1.4 but the installation fails…. I had troubles getting 1.3 installed until I found the .exe file rather than the .msi so my set up might be a bit weird. I’ll have another crack at installing 1.4 later

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?