KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    razor
    Participant
      @razors1978

Well, for some reason I could now start the table after choosing the “Primary sound drivers” in both “Play sound effects” and “Play Music” in preferences. However, after the ball has been launched, a script error comes up as soon as the ball hits the pop bumpers. See picture. Any clues why THIS happens? Damn..error after error..after error. I feel as if I don’t have permission to play this table! lol! Help again please!

Attachments:
      Daryl
      Participant
        @allknowing2012

Well, for some reason I could now start the table after choosing the “Primary sound drivers” in both “Play sound effects” and “Play Music” in preferences. However, after the ball has been launched, a script error comes up as soon as the ball hits the pop bumpers. See picture. Any clues why THIS happens? Damn..error after error..after error. I feel as if I don’t have permission to play this table! lol! Help again please!

Trying to translate the message – something about Parameter cant be null .. missing image?

Not sure where that is coming from.  I wonder if you dont have all the dmd images unzippd/copied into the Kiss.UltraDMD directory

razor
        Participant
          @razors1978

Well, for some reason I could now start the table after choosing the “Primary sound drivers” in both “Play sound effects” and “Play Music” in preferences. However, after the ball has been launched, a script error comes up as soon as the ball hits the pop bumpers. See picture. Any clues why THIS happens? Damn..error after error..after error. I feel as if I don’t have permission to play this table! lol! Help again please!

Trying to translate the message – something about Parameter cant be null .. missing image? Not sure where that is coming from. I wonder if you dont have all the dmd images unzippd/copied into the Kiss.UltraDMD directory

I have copied the “KISS.UltraDMD” folder to the tables directory (where the Kiss table is), and all images are unzipped in the “KISS.UltraDMD” folder, but I still get that error about “can’t be null”. This is driving me nuts.  :unsure:

Daryl
          Participant
            @allknowing2012

I am willing to take a look via teamviewer if you want to do that (I am in New York timezone)

1 user thanked author for this post.
            razor
            Participant
              @razors1978

I am willing to take a look via teamviewer if you want to do that (I am in New York timezone)

That would be great and much appreciated! I will install it right away, and PM you when I’m done. Never used the program before so It may take a bit of time before I’ll send you a PM. But hang in there!   :yes:

JustAnotherRat
              Participant
                @justanotherrat

Does anyone know if on the real pinball version when you start a game (before you choose a song or launch the ball) if it starts on a different song each time? I think it does but can’t be certain.

Seraph
                Participant
                  @seraph

Thanks Daryl for all your work in this table

using gigula ‘s original code I modified it so that from table script you can set the dmd position , colour , and fullcolour off / on

Full post http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26602&page=21#entry362581

Daryl
                  Participant
                    @allknowing2012

Thanks Daryl for all your work in this table using gigula ‘s original code I modified it so that from table script you can set the dmd position , colour , and fullcolour off / on Full post http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26602&page=21#entry362581

I’ll add this to the next release – drawback though is everyone will now have to edit the table to place the dmd in a spot. Ideally would be nice if it could get them from inputs or something and store the results so people dont have to mess with code.

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

I don’t know why you would need to script position table by table. I’d expect that users would always just have it in the same position as VPM/dB2S. Users should just position it with the UltraDMD config tool. Color would need to be scripted in as there is no configuration storage for color by table. Copy over just the color part of Gigula’s code. Users can refer to this site for color names:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

Daryl
                      Participant
                        @allknowing2012

Updated posted to my G-drive.

Ballsave at start of multiball

random song choice at start of game (you always can change with right flipper)

Ability to optionally enter ultradmd values to override x/y position.  Colour is choice is hard coded in game but can be changed there.

Gene is a bit stronger when it coughs out the ball ;-)   :yahoo:

[update] 20161113b — quick fix for the match .. and no I dont know what day of the month it is ;-)

*If any one comes up with some better pf images please speak up ..

Seraph
                        Participant
                          @seraph

@Carny – had done that as on my 2 screen setup, the dmd position for amh , kiss and the web (vp9) were all slightly different.

With thanks to carny’s and daryl’s comments – updated version that defaults to not changing dmd position unless specified

'---------- UltraDMD Unique Table Color preference -------------
                          Dim DMDColor, DMDColorSelect, UseFullColor
                          Dim DMDPosition, DMDPosX, DMDPosY

UseFullColor = "True"             ' "True" / "False"
                          DMDColorSelect = "OrangeRed"      ' Rightclick on UDMD window to get full list of colours

DMDPosition = False               ' Use Manual DMD Position, True / False
                          DMDPosX = 2303                    ' Position in Decimal
                          DMDPosY = 860                     ' Position in Decimal

GetDMDColor
                          Sub GetDMDColor
                          Dim WshShell,filecheck,directory
                          Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
                          If DMDPosition then
                          WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\x",DMDPosX,"REG_DWORD"
                          WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\y",DMDPosY,"REG_DWORD"
                          End if
                          WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\fullcolor",UseFullColor,"REG_SZ"
                          WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\color",DMDColorSelect,"REG_SZ"
                          End Sub
                          '---------------------------------------------------
                          Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

I got an error on my cab install for the table. It failed when trying to read

WshShell.RegRead (“HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\color”)

Is that available in a fresh install?

So what I did was comment that out then the write took place and it was available in the next run of the table.

JustAnotherRat
                            Participant
                              @justanotherrat

This table is coming along nicely. Thanks for those changes… they are cool but I have some other bits to add and bugs to report.

Now that Gene spits the ball out faster (could possibly be a little quicker but I am much happier than I was before this update), sometimes the ball goes straight down the middle which does sometime happen on the real table, but on the real table (I am sure) there is a short ball save whenever Gene spits a ball out that helps out in those instances.

The words Tilt and Danger are around the wrong way… when getting warned, TILT shows up but once you have tilted the machine it is displaying DANGER.

After every game (and sometimes after the 2nd ball) I get the following 2 errors:

Script Error

Line: 1
                              The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ‘UltraDMD.CancelRendering’

Script Error

Line: 1
                              The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ‘UltraDMD.clear’

Do you know if it is possible to set Pin2DMD colour in the same way that you have done the UltraDMD display?

I’d love to see someone provide better table images…. this is one kickass table.

Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

The Gene STDM was a “feature” of the table.. Piss’ people off and folks are hacking the kicker to try and stop it from happening. It is somewhat random and should be fine the way it is.  I added the Gene/Demon  ballsaver only for multiball – just like the real table. Note that some of these things are table options in the Stern release.

The ultradmd errors – cant really do much for that – bugs in Ultradmd are what stopped me from going much further with this last year when I started it. The colours for Ultradmd are hard coded into the dmd program. I have no control over it at all. Another thing that is lacking :-(

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                JustAnotherRat
                                Participant
                                  @justanotherrat

I never got the UltraDMD errors before this latest update (which had the changes I reported) so I thought I’d mention it. Thanks for all the work.

Daryl
                                  Participant
                                    @allknowing2012

I never got the UltraDMD errors before this latest update (which had the changes I reported) so I thought I’d mention it. Thanks for all the work.

Is it during the match sequence? Can you give me more details – I didnt change much between versions.

Seraph
                                    Participant
                                      @seraph

@Daryl, good catch, I suspect your right – That on a fresh install there is no regentry there for it to read.  Was part of the initial code so I had left it in.

Will update the code removing the read entry.

Great work on the table – Amazed at the depth of work you have scripted into it

TXT11
                                      Participant
                                        @txt11

It was mentioned previously  “I’d love to see someone provide better table images…. this is one kickass table”

I have the actual brochure from Stern that has a nice picture of the table layout, but it is less than A4 in size as well as some shots I took at the local Timezone where they had a Kiss Pro but this is off my mobile phone.  Not sure if these would be good enough…. :bye:

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012
                                          CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

Pro – you can ask for more pictures as a “potential buyer”

Con – it’s known to have defects. Maybe they can be fixed if you can spot them.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?