KISS (Stern 2105/Tribute)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant
      @allknowing2012

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/kiss-stern-2105tribute/

This is a tribute version of the Stern KISS table. As rom emulation for the SPIKE system does not exist, it will never be an exact version of the table. It has the music, the music modes, various mini-modes from the backstage pass, the instrument and combo bonus.

The table uses UltraDMD and for me full color works best (DMD is not really in full colour).

Credits to JP for the Pokemon table which I reuse to replace my first attempt at this table.  Thanks to Vanlion for the 3D Gene and Dark for the 3D Speaker.

The rules are basically from the 1.3 KISS pin wiki (see google).

Graphics will be replaced as better sources are found.

Total of 39 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

Thanks for all your work on this amazing table

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Amazing amount of work put into this. Impressive build. This is a lot of work to do guys so don’t forget to rate it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

Thank you very much for your hard work on this amazing table.

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

Great build. Love how you made this one from scratch! This version is much cleaner than the WIP and I can really see all the time you invested in this one. Much appreciated. Back to playing… :).

robwaade
              Participant
                @robwaade

great table having problems with controls not working in pinball x front end credits start and flippers works fine in visual pinball any suggestions  thanks

JustAnotherRat
                Participant
                  @justanotherrat

Awesome… just awesome!

Daryl
                  Participant
                    @allknowing2012

great table having problems with controls not working in pinball x front end credits start and flippers works fine in visual pinball any suggestions thanks

Cant imagine the conflict. I will try this out in my cab.

nate
                    Participant
                      @nodzebra

wow. thanks bud this is really good. love the full color dmd action!

robwaade
                      Participant
                        @robwaade

daryl thanks only table ive had issues with in pinballx like that let me know how it works for you

TXT11
                        Participant
                          @txt11

Bummer Dude – Since downloading version 1.0 I am getting a Line 1 “Ultra.DMD.Is.Rendering” error each time the first ball drains, but the table loads and plays brilliantly up until the moment of my 1st lost ball…… Any idea’s Daryl??

Agwood
                          Participant
                            @agwood

Thank you for this amazing Recreation/Tribute table Daryl!!

The sheer amount of time that must have gone into this is astounding and I truly appreciate it.

I did notice that on the DMD when switching modes with the flipper it will sometimes just go blank if I hit the flipper again it comes back on with the next mode, possible something to do with Pin2DMD but I have not seen this in any other UltraDMD tables. I will double check my settings though.

Thanks again, what a blast to play!

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

Thank you for this amazing Recreation/Tribute table Daryl!! The sheer amount of time that must have gone into this is astounding and I truly appreciate it. I did notice that on the DMD when switching modes with the flipper it will sometimes just go blank if I hit the flipper again it comes back on with the next mode, possible something to do with Pin2DMD but I have not seen this in any other UltraDMD tables. I will double check my settings though. Thanks again, what a blast to play!

There are lots of UltraDMD glitches like that .. nothing I can really do about them.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

Bummer Dude – Since downloading version 1.0 I am getting a Line 1 “Ultra.DMD.Is.Rendering” error each time the first ball drains, but the table loads and plays brilliantly up until the moment of my 1st lost ball…… Any idea’s Daryl??

At the end of the 1st ball? hmm .. nothing unusual that happens there.  Double check you have all the ultradmd files in place & permissions

There is almost no changes between this 1.0 and the last WIP.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                TXT11
                                Participant
                                  @txt11

I might try taking all files out and replace with all the new ones.  Is there any special permissions that I need for a WIN XP o/s as I do everything as Administrator :wacko: ?

Daryl
                                  Participant
                                    @allknowing2012

I might try taking all files out and replace with all the new ones. Is there any special permissions that I need for a WIN XP o/s as I do everything as Administrator :wacko: ?

Nothing special.. You can verify that Ultradmd is working fine outside of VP to make sure that is not the issue.

robwaade
                                    Participant
                                      @robwaade

Figured out issue in pinball x when i run the back glass in executive mode it is full screen wont let controls other then exit game work.  To get it to work need to turn of executive mode but back glass image is small .IS there a way to get table to work in exec mode in pinball x to get full sized back glass image.In visual pinball it works fine in exec mode that’s the only way i can get full back glass image on visual and pinball x thanks awesome table

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

Pretty cool stuff Daryl, brings back memories of listening to Kiss back in the 70s. Wonder what I did with my Kiss ring?  :unsure:

But since I suck at pinball the songs end when the ball drains then restarts the song from the beginning on the next ball.  Is there any way to have it behave more like the ball save where it continues the song, maybe just lowers the volume during the bonus counts or even pauses it and continues where it left off?

Hopefully I get better when i put it on the cab instead of just the laptop. Awesome work.

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

Pretty cool stuff Daryl, brings back memories of listening to Kiss back in the 70s. Wonder what I did with my Kiss ring? :unsure: But since I suck at pinball the songs end when the ball drains then restarts the song from the beginning on the next ball. Is there any way to have it behave more like the ball save where it continues the song, maybe just lowers the volume during the bonus counts or even pauses it and continues where it left off? Hopefully I get better when i put it on the cab instead of just the laptop. Awesome work.

I am not aware of code that can make this happen .. ie. change the volume of an existing playmusic command.

Daryl
                                          Participant
                                            @allknowing2012

***UPDATE***

Version 1.1 is uploaded — this is just the .vpx and one .vbs file .. YOU NEED the remaining 1.0 files as well.  Aldiode sent me a pf he worked on merging existing images with the pf image I had. It really makes it pop.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 240 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?