Laggy Game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    uturnweb
    Participant
      @uturnweb

Hey guys, I have a fairly decent setup, 12 GB ram, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, great monitors. But for some reason, when I play a game like Medeval madness, and Circus Voltaire, the minute the light show happens, my frames start dropping. Is this dependent on the table version?  Is there a fix for this? I love the way my CV looks and the colors on MM are great! :/

PC: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM, 64Bit, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage) 
      Cabinet: Firepower 2 cab, 38" Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF, 32" Samsung monitor BG, ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit, PinDMD v3 DMD display

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

What is your video preferences in vp setup like? Show a screen shot the sync and FPS should both be at 1 typically. But need to see your settings

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

outhere
        Participant
          @brucev
          Set your video card settings to default and make the changes in the video preference in vp like randr is suggesting

uturnweb
          Participant
            @uturnweb

When you say default settings, you are suggesting I turn off DSR? I was told to turn that on so that the fast scenes would be a little smoother. Note, this issues above was present before I enabled DSR as well :P

You guys are awesome :)

PC: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM, 64Bit, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage) 
            Cabinet: Firepower 2 cab, 38" Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF, 32" Samsung monitor BG, ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit, PinDMD v3 DMD display

gtxjoe
            Participant
              @gtxjoe

If you are a desktop single monitor user, go to Preferences->Video and disable B2S

uturnweb
              Participant
                @uturnweb

If you are a desktop single monitor user, go to Preferences->Video and disable B2S

Sorry for not being more specific. This is a full cabinet setup.

ozg
                Participant
                  @netweight

Sorry for not being more specific. This is a full cabinet setup.

I don’t know how they get around the lag, I’ve been trying years to fix the issue. I have a Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000 with a Radeon RX470 4GB. I’m thinking that an SSD might fix some of the problem. It happens on some of the tables. I play Metallica all of the time and it happens a few seconds into multiball, every game. If I ever figure it out, I’ll let you know.

LOL, where is disable B2S in VPX10. Oh, Joe, I fixed The Walking Dead post on you’re PM5. I changed X to 669, hit threshold, elasticity to 0  and made the post collidable. You had the post set as a toy.

xenonph
                  Participant
                    @xenonph
                    MemberContributor

Disable B2S is in Preferences…Keys, Nudge and DOF, as seen in pic.

Capture-2

Attachments:
                    ozg
                    Participant
                      @netweight

Thanks, I disabled B2S along time ago, during setup. I must have forgot. Still get lag though, any other solutions?

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

You sure you have FPS Limiter/Vsync set to 1 and maximum pre-rendered frames set to 1?

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ozg
                        Participant
                          @netweight

You sure you have FPS Limiter/Vsync set to 1 and maximum pre-rendered frames set to 1?

Chit, missed that, will try, THANKS!

uturnweb
                          Participant
                            @uturnweb

Where do you set these? In the GPU or VP?

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

In VP, Preferences->Video Options.

uturnweb
                              Participant
                                @uturnweb

Ya none of that stuff worked. I’m wondering if it’s just the tables. It only seems to happen on those two that have crazy light shows.

I do know, however, when I do not have a b2s backglass file for a table they work a lot better. Could this my processor?

ozg
                                Participant
                                  @netweight

I don’t know, do you have an i7 with an SSD?. Have you tried 1280 x 720 resolution or something like that?, could help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?