LOSDMD (Line Of Sight DMD) just added to my cab.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

OK so ‘Apron DMD’ might be a better name, but when it comes to VP, too many acronyms is never enough ;)

Having just switched over to an LCD using pin2dmd (yep, it’s under the glass behind the playfield), I thought I would utilise the now unused DMD window that many of us have simply been turning off.

To be honest I didn’t think this would be of much use, but while playing a multiball on Spiderman, I found that I was alerted to the game play messages in my peripheral vision and that allowed me to take quick glances and not lose track of my balls.

btw… I know this is not a new idea, it’s just with pin2dmd, it’s never been so easy for those using LCD DMD.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

it looks like it belongs there on that spider man….
        my Whoa-Nellie needs this (like the real one), but its hard coded :(
        someone should do an Ultradmd for it….  :heart:
        .jpg”]

Attachments:
        RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

It would be an ultraDMD where the low res is not such as issue. ;)

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

The only issue with an apron dmd would be if you are using exclusive full screen in vpx?   (the window would be overriden by vpx’s window?) Or is this using a “Built in” DMD display with vpx somehow?

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

The only issue with an apron dmd would be if you are using exclusive full screen in vpx?   (the window would be overriden by vpx’s window?) Or is this using a “Built in” DMD display with vpx somehow?

Yes you are right Terry, this is windowed full screen only.

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

Here’s my work around for exclusive full screen Terry…..

5th Screen Apron DMD ;)

When I play, I often just sit my iPhone in the corner of the glass, so while it’s there it may as well be put to use. lol

CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

Is that streaming dmdext?

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

Is that streaming dmdext?

No, i’m running Duet. So the iPhone is running as a 5th screen. I have usb ports under the cab on that side, so it is plugged in down there.

Duet is awesome ;)

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

I guess there is an app for that?

I have an old iPhone. I was going to use it for extra flash storage but it is a PITA to do that. Maybe I’m better off using it as an extra screen.

I have a DMD mirroring project at PinballX forums but at this point I only use it for VP9/PM5 (windowed).

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

If you go too old on the phone the iOS might not support Duet :(

I have a spare 6s here and thought about placing it under the glass, but I don’t think I could make it boot into Duet automagically??

If you are interested in Duet, it is currently on sale for 40% off (or is it 50?).  Still makes it an expensive app, but it is bloody good and works without hassle.  Probably because it was created by a couple of ex Apple engineers (or so I have been told)

Krille 81
                        Participant
                          @krille81

I have had The apron dmd in there years. I use a program called setwallpaper to change Windows wallpaper. I have a batch script so it will change when i launch a game in pinballx. Works with True fullscreen :)

Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

If you go too old on the phone the iOS might not support Duet :( I have a spare 6s here and thought about placing it under the glass, but I don’t think I could make it boot into Duet automagically?? If you are interested in Duet, it is currently on sale for 40% off (or is it 50?). Still makes it an expensive app, but it is bloody good and works without hassle. Probably because it was created by a couple of ex Apple engineers (or so I have been told)

Nice one! I could even re-start my splash viewer project for instruction cards. My iPhone is a 4S which is old but not too old. It should work.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/16462-update-visual-pinball-mini-dmdb2s-screen-for-apron-now-with-instruction-card-splash-viewer/

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

I have had The apron dmd in there years. I use a program called setwallpaper to change Windows wallpaper. I have a batch script so it will change when i launch a game in pinballx. Works with True fullscreen :) Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

I’m interested. Can you provide more details?

RustyCardores
                                @rustycardores
                                MemberModerator

I have had The apron dmd in there years. I use a program called setwallpaper to change Windows wallpaper. I have a batch script so it will change when i launch a game in pinballx. Works with True fullscreen :) Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

I’m interested. Can you provide more details?

Yeah, deets please. :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?