Louisville Pinball Expo 2017 may have changed my life

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

There is a “barc-cade” in Louisville called Zanzabar.  They’ve got some great games.  While I was there they unboxed and set up a Ghostbusters Premium.  I had like the 3rd–6th plays on it since there was hardly anyone there (Tuesday night).  I enjoyed playing it more this time around than at the Expo.  Probably because less noisy and I could take my time.  I had also read about the rules.  It was way more fun. The magna slings were going nuts and I got to appreciate the Ecto goggles toy more.  However, some of the build and design issues began to show up the longer I played.  The ball jumps all over the place.  It literally jumps over the inlane into the outlane without much effort.  It fell of a ramp once.  It jumped over inlane and outlane and rolled down a plastic into the trough.  The right ramp is very tough to hit (forums say it needs a different hex nut).  Didn’t see any ghosting and played it before all the Stern cabinet issues began popping up so didn’t look to see if there were any cracks.  All in all, a better game than I originally thought, but because of all the recent Stern build issues, I wouldn’t buy it and definitely would not buy this one used (at least not with a build year 2016 or early 2017).  They’ll be making these for a few more years, so word to the wise, if you are interested…wait.  Also, if you are in KY or IN, Zanzabar has some good games: High Speed, Twilight Zone, GOT, MM, WOZ, ST, Walking Dead, Original Attack from Mars, Hobbit Smaug, Ghostbusters, Pabst Can Crusher, Dolly Parton (how random), Six Million dollar man, and I think maybe a couple more…plus a few video games.  Food was good, too!

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?