Magic Girl (Zidware JPOP) resource super duper mega dega dump of crap

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

I don’t know what to do with this. I took these pictures in June of 2014 back during the height of the shit storm that became of Magic Girl, the idea was to do a VP recreation of some kind to preserve it in case it was lost forever, once I got there and started going through it I realized what a mess the whole thing really was. I spent a lot of time playing it…well, flipping it, the game was useless. I took a lot of pictures, some are good some aren’t, I just took pictures as long as I could. Nothing ever came of it, I never made a recreation. It was completely hinging on getting the game code from JPOP and from what I understand he was reluctant to share, probably because there was almost nothing to actually share… then hopefully run it with PROC emulation. Maybe someone has the code and can emulate it, I’ve given up any interest in the thing. As I’m going through resources I have I figured this was the most unique and worth sharing, even just for novelty’s sake.

I have the images contained in an imgur album, since uploading more than 1 picture anywhere else is a bit of a headache for something I don’t care about.

View post on imgur.com

Here’s some sample pictures

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

And one more album of pictures I didn’t personally take, I think they’re all from the old Zidware blog

View post on imgur.com

Punch it!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Great pictures

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

I’ve never heard of this one, but it seems like the unique and creative type of theme I wish Stern would do on their tables instead of movies and TV.

roar
            Participant
              @roar

That’s a lot of resources! I’ve been closely following the thread on pinside if for no other reason than to not be able to turn away from the train wreck. A VP version of the game would be pretty amazing and could actually help the game get running properly. The dev on the project has shown an amazing level of commitment in helping the owners of the game but he can only do so much without having a game of his own (Which he was promised for his role in the project and to date hasn’t received). Maybe a VP version could help him? A major issue is I see is I don’t think it is based 100% on P-ROC, I was left with the impression it was a custom hardware of sorts which heavily ‘borrowed’ from the P-ROC design. Anyway, that is a lot of words to read, sorry about that :)

Phil Docker
              Participant
                @dock

AGES ago he put a lot of resources for this game on his site – graphics and audio.

I still have them saved…..

Will see if I can find them

Phil Docker
                Participant
                  @dock

GUYS – found them and done a wetransfer link.

This DOWNLOAD IS VALID FOR 7 DAYS ONLY

https://we.tl/ImSjoKsYer

Phil Docker
                  Participant
                    @dock

That’s a lot of resources! I’ve been closely following the thread on pinside if for no other reason than to not be able to turn away from the train wreck. A VP version of the game would be pretty amazing and could actually help the game get running properly. The dev on the project has shown an amazing level of commitment in helping the owners of the game but he can only do so much without having a game of his own (Which he was promised for his role in the project and to date hasn’t received). Maybe a VP version could help him? A major issue is I see is I don’t think it is based 100% on P-ROC, I was left with the impression it was a custom hardware of sorts which heavily ‘borrowed’ from the P-ROC design. Anyway, that is a lot of words to read, sorry about that :)

Any chance of a link to that thread Roar??

roar
                    Participant
                      @roar

Sure thing…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread……………mg-raza-and-aiw…

Kind of an epic thread. 22K posts! It is a ridiculous thread really. When the pins actually started getting delivered to people the thread actually took a turn to the good and helpful but it has deteriorated into a mess again so I’d recommend starting from the latest posts and moving backwards and see what you can tolerate.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      freelunch
                      Participant
                        @freelunch

I’m just reading about this now, lol what a mess, sorry you went through all this trouble @freneticamnesic.

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

It wasn’t trouble really I didn’t start anything so nothing was lost! I enjoyed getting a chance to spend time with the table but regret the whole situation because a lot of people are out a lot of money. I can’t fathom that, passing up front multiple thousands of dollars to get nothing out of it – amazed how civil it was given the circumstances. Hopefully the work that went into the table will see the light of day as a playable product and I hope everyone who spent money gets what they thought they would get.

Punch it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?