Magnotron (Gottlieb 1974)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Loserman76
    Participant
      @loserman76
      vipMemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=72544

VPX conversion

thanks to GNance, Arngrim, Popotte
      others to thank: JPSalas, Pinuck, hauntfreaks, Borgdog

in addition to the “standard” keys (typically “1” to start game and “5” for coin), I’ve added “3” as another coin input and “4” for coin and auto-start game (like I recall the dime slots generally were) to simulate 3 coin slots

when game is not in progress, holding down left flipper for about 3-5 seconds will bring up the options menu. left flipper selects item, right flipper changes option.

I’ve also included shadows for the ball and flippers. If you want to turn them off look for these lines at the beginning of the script:

Const ShadowFlippersOn = true
      Const ShadowBallOn = true

change to false if you want either of the shadows not showing on your tables

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Rajo Joey
      Participant
        @joey2001

I just play this nice table and notice, that the ball stuck. You can shoot him, but he doesn’t move.

dak38
        Participant
          @dak38

I noticed this too. I thought it was just me because in desktop mode it works fine but when I put it on the cabinet it doesn’t work.

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Happens on Duotron as well.  If you bap it in ball control mode it will move but I couldn’t figure out how to fix it for game play.

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Ramp 19!  –that’s the rail inside the horseshoe.  Move that up a bit but wow, that affects a lot of other things.  Still trying to find the sweet spot but I got the captive ball moving!  Thanks @joey2001 and @dak38 for bumping this.  I love this table and had spent some time trying to figure this out over a year ago, so I appreciate the motivation to revisit.  When either of you find good settings let me know.  And wow, using ‘Lutmandolin’ makes this table look fantastic!

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

xenonph
                Participant
                  @xenonph
                  MemberContributor

Here is an easier fix.

Open the table in editor and uncheck Layers 4 and 8. (Gets stuff out of the way.)
                  Click Options tab.
                  You may notice when you click on ramp 12 that the options do not show up on right side, because it is part of a group of objects.

So what I do is click one of the other objects in the group and then I click ramp 12.(The flipper lane wire works for me.)

Capturea

This will show the options on right side of editor for ramp 12.You will know when you have done it right, when you see “Ramp12” for the name of object in upper right options.

Captureb

Now click Physics arrow and you will see a “Friction” setting.
                  Change the friction from 0.3 to 0.

Captured

Save table after changes.
                  Now the ball moves when you hit it, and no need to move any ramps.

I tested with Desktop and FullScreen Cabinet versions.

If this seems like its too hard for you to do yourself, I will leave this download link until table is upgraded with fix, or if I am asked to remove link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx4ijy7b7ij9daf/Magnotron%20%28Gottlieb%201974%29fixed.zip?dl=0

And here is Duotron with fix…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3cmx0hmfaj0zm0/Duotron%20%28Gottlieb%201974%29fixed.zip?dl=0

Carry on.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Glad you’re back X!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

That was a dead-on-balls-accurate fix!  And wow, really appreciate the walk-through and time spent.  Explanations like this help us learn more about how things work.  Printing this out.  Thanks again @xenonph !       …and thanks again Jeff for all the creations you’ve brought to life for us to explore!

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

I know Magnotron (and Duotron) aren’t regarded as classics of the era but something about this game has always really appealed to me. Pretty sure it starts with the backglass art, but I also really enjoy the gameplay.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?