Medieval Madness 3.0b Tom Tower

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I did a clean install with the 10.5 all in one.  The only thing I retained was the old tables and b2s .  All scripts in script folder too

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

No scripts(.vbs) in tables folder? Or root of vpinball folder?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Not at all just double checked

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Odd it works fine on my setup. What’s your setup? Cab? Desktop? Sorry if you already stated that but I don’t recall

for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

An you try it without b2s? If it works without backglass then maybe try a different backglass or make sure your running newest b2s server

for IOS and Android

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

Cabinet setup.  There is less than 10 tables that haven’t worked so far and I have pm5 s for those so not extremely worried.  Just trying to figure out what would make that specific error occur

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

B2s didn’t make a difference unfortunately

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Not trying to push you away from this site but if you are only having issues with a few tables then If I were you I wouldn’t focus so much on an outdated table but rather on the more recent, much improved newer one that is located on monsterbashpincab site.

Out of curiosity what are your PC specs?  also, this does sound like you are using outdated scripts so even though you believe you don’t have any, search right from the C:\ drive for “core.vbs” and if you see more than one result, that’s probably your issue. If that’s the case, delete (or archive if you are worried) all then ensure you download the latest VP10.5 and copy the new updated scripts only to the Visual Pinball\scripts folder.

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

We were just talking about that, I did the 10.5 all in one installer and I checked the ones on monsterbash already and same result.  Thanks though

N3roflint
                      Participant
                        @n3roflint

make sure your running newest b2s server

Did you check on this?

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor
                          • Is that not in 10.5
                          rothbauerw
                            @rothbauerw
                            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Could you attach a screenshot of the error?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

Other than getting the standard  line 1 index out of range  must be a non negative… and the first line is red in the script I don’t know what else to send you.  I feel like that’s a generic error that could mean a lot of things because it doesn’t point to a specific line in the script that has data on it.  If there is another place that would give more info on the error please let me know and I will screenshot all of that.

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw
                                ModeratorContributorMembervip

It can provide visual clues.  You’re providing very limited information on a very generic error.  Following advice here and providing visual results for verification or unexpected clues can be helpful in getting your issue resolved. What version(s) of the table are you using?

Screen grabs of the error and search results for scripts can be helpful also.  I’ve seen many issues get resolved when provided.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer
                                  • Is that not in 10.5

It might not be.

Also I don’t know if all-in-one contains the latest 10.5 beta so get the latest standalone zip in the 10.5 beta thread and unzip all those scripts in the scripts folder.    I didn’t see your post that stated that yes you did look at your entire hard drive searching for .vbs.  We aren’t asking this on a whim, many times people have said “no, I don’t have these installed elsewhere” only to then finally when they searched they stated “oops, I did have them in x folder”…. on the all-in-one heck I didn’t even realize there was a 10.5 all-in-one, I thought there was a 10.4 (which has a bug in one of the script files).  Cool that it got updated

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

No worries .  I have checked numerous times on the scripts and they are in the right place. I did download dark knight today and had a message to update the sam. Vbs I think… I thought the all in one installer was the newest but I will check again.  I am not home now so can’t verify anything.

as for the screenshot..I will be happy to provide one and more detailed info on the error but I either don’t have it or know where to look. If there is a log of the errors I will provide it.  As far as the screenshot, when the error happens the table goes away and only the script pops up with the first line red and the generic error that I stated before.  I wish I could provide non generic info for you but I don’t think a screenshot of my desktop will do any good.  I am not trying to argue but I don’t know what to tell you.  I definitely want help.   I have tried every medieval madness table on every different forum with the same result.  I can play the entire table as long as I want as long as I don’t hit the drawbridge!

if anyone is willing to call me to try and work this out over the phone I would love that.  I could provide better and timely details and would come back and add the results here so others could benefit.  Pm me if you are willing. Thanks Tom

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Did you disable b2s in vp with the check mark to test without b2s?

********************************************************
                                      for IOS and Android

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

Actually I just removed the b2s from the folder.  I will try that.  On my way home now.  Grandma’s funeral can wait for medieval madness…

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

FYI check mark is located in vp under preferences, keys nudge and dof

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

It could be a weird nvram problem. Here is info on how to clean up from the start.

http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

I haven’t seen any 10.5 all-in-one installer yet. Since 10.5 is still a beta product. If you have used the latest 10.4 installer the db2s should be up to date.

Since MM doesn’t need the newest VP ( made before 10.5 ) you shouldn’t focus on running 10.5 before you’re able to run the table. I hope that maybe the link I provided can be of help to you.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?