Metallica Premium (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

… and you havent WPT VPX ?

Umpa
      Participant
        @umpa

I love this table if I have not said it before! I noticed an issue with the hi-scores saving. My buddy set a new grand chanp score and several mode champ scores last night. I went to play today and his scores are gone and all the mode champ scores are reset to default except my grand champ score.

Anyone know what I can do so new hi-scores will be saved?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

@umpa: The problem you are describing I’ve reported to freezy a long time ago. Before it was like this for all the tables I played with dmd-ext via Pinballx. I found it while we had Junk Yard as the weekly challenge over at vpf. I thought it was resolved because I haven’t seen it happen since – but, I would not be surprised if there are still tables that experience these kind of problems.

Seems it already has been reported : https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/54

elgranfab
          Participant
            @superfabio

HELLO , i need the room mtl_170h any want send me the link to download i am a new in this.  :good:

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

For Stern SAM tables, you can usually get them from the Stern website itself. It may require you to rename either the rom zip or the rom inside the zip, VPinmame test feature will list what you need to rename them to.

RallyRally
              Participant
                @rallyrally

I’m getting stuck balls galore: Right at launch, under the jets, near the outhole, and some places during multiball I didn’t see where they went. Is this table’s development abandoned? It’s otherwise pretty great.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

I’m getting stuck balls galore: Right at launch, under the jets, near the outhole, and some places during multiball I didn’t see where they went. Is this table’s development abandoned? It’s otherwise pretty great.

It is a release, not in development.  1800 downloads and nobody else has this issue, probably just you.  check for interference from other devices plugged in.

-Mike

robertms
                  Participant
                    @mophead

..or go see a urologist

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

No problems with Metallica – and I play it a lot.

Jodannar
                      Participant
                        @jodannar

the problems you describe can happen if you are using an older version of VP than what the table was developed for. eg. Vp1o instead of 10.4. there are slight tweaks. Update Vpinball and redownload the table.

iwis
                        Participant
                          @iwis

Hello,

This table looks fantastic !!! Thanks ! but…

I can’t find the mtl_170h rom anywhere.

so I downloaded the 1.7 premium rom from Stern site (MTL17LE)

I renamed the bin file and zip file to mtl_170h.bin and zip but it doesn’t work.

I aso tried with the sterns name but it still doesn’t work.

what am I doing wrong or where can I find the correct rom?

thank you.

Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

Dont rename the .bin file, just zip it and name the .zip file mtl_170h.zip

-Mike

jbg4208
                            Participant
                              @jbg4208

Hello,

This table looks fantastic !!! Thanks ! but…

I can’t find the mtl_170h rom anywhere.

so I downloaded the 1.7 premium rom from Stern site (MTL17LE)

I renamed the bin file and zip file to mtl_170h.bin and zip but it doesn’t work.

I aso tried with the sterns name but it still doesn’t work.

what am I doing wrong or where can I find the correct rom?

thank you.

On mine, the bin file is named just like it is from Sterns website (MTL17LE) and then zipped with the name mtl_170h.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

my working mtl_170h.zip looks like this

skateball_uv-2

skateball_uv-3

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

I believe Rob mentioned that there has been some changes not that long time ago where the rom name inside the zip needs to match. I know it didn’t use to be like that. So, some of you guys might get a surprise when you update and try to play this table.

As always. Running the test and it will tell you what needs to be done, or let clrmame pro try to fix it for you.

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

I believe Rob mentioned that there has been some changes not that long time ago where the rom name inside the zip needs to match. I know it didn’t use to be like that. So, some of you guys might get a surprise when you update and try to play this table.

see thats really weird…. because …. all my metallica roms (and i believe all my stern roms) haven’t been touched since the day they were made… (long ago)

@iwis
                                        what do you mean by “doesnt work”  ??   crash?… error message?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

@hauntfreaks : Your naming seems to be correct. The rom is named as the zip. Same naming I have. My understanding is that pinmame used to look for <romname>.zip and if it found the content to be ok it would work even if the *.bin had “wrong” name.

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

@hauntfreaks : Your naming seems to be correct. The rom is named as the zip. Same naming I have. My understanding is that pinmame used to look for <romname>.zip and if it found the content to be ok it would work even if the *.bin had “wrong” name.

yeah i was just pointing out I have never named them any other way…

jbg4208
                                        Participant
                                          @jbg4208

Yep, Just verified my rom. Bin is name MTL17LE.bin zipped to mtl_170h.zip. And it does work. Just played a couple of games.  . Also have the color rom version and it is the same.  Bin is mtl170hc.bin zipped to mtl_170hc.zip. Plays great also.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

@jbg4208 : And you have the latest sam build ?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 201 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?