Metallica Pro (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Blashyrk
    Participant
      @blashyrk

Thank you so much Fren, this table looks so freaking awesome :) 1000 thumbs up. Happy holidays

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Fren and team, fantastic job on this table. I love the artwork on it, and you did a good job with some of the pro mods to give it a custom authentic feel.

My buddy has this table and the thing I remember most about playing his is that “shiiink” sound when the ball rolls up the left and right ramps. It seems to be missing here. I hear a similar sound when the ball exits the ramps and goes over the inlane rollovers. Maybe that sound could be added to the ramps as well. Just a thought. Also the lower half of the ramps look almost black vs. stainless steel. Not sure if its’ just my viewing angle, or my TV setup.
        Either way, the table is great. Thanks for your hard work.

About the ramp sound, I know it, it’s a satisfying sound. When I was adding the rail sounds I debated doing something with the ramp entrance as well but I already have trouble sometimes with balls registering triggers, I worried that a ball halfway up the ramp would continue to sound like it was moving on the ramp when it would actually go back down to the flippers. At least, that’s using the method I know… I haven’t messed with stopsound much yet so I’m sure there’s a simple enough way to do it. It’s on my list

The black of the ramps is one of the drawbacks of how I do the lighting on these tables. For some reason a flat metal piece gets no light reflection, in my thinking it’s either overall lighting I’m not happy with or some dark ramps… Sopranos does this too, it’s just one tradeoff I had. I can change the material to lighten it up but it doesn’t look as good, in my opinion…

You actually might be happy with this though, select the ramp primitives (Primitive97 and Primitive99) and change the material from Metal .8 to Metal with an image, this solves it – though I’m not happy with the ramp mapping here. If I can find a better way to map the ramp texture (and an overall better ramp texture) I’ll switch to this in the future, but the current ramp mesh is not ideal for this.

Odd on the ball… haven’t seen that one yet. You must have got some good speed on the ball going up the ramp. I might put a bit more friction on the top of the ramp to keep that from happening. I like the way the ball gets up the ramp but it would be fine to slow it down once it’s up there

Punch it!

Vampirolatino2
        Participant
          @vampirolatino2

I answered NO the first time, then it would ask for the b2s. Deleted the file, answered NO again, still asked for b2s. Went in and changed forcedisableB2S=1 (I changed the value to a 1 instead of a 0) now it doesn’t ask = fixed.

Thanks

Fren do you want that $30.00 horror flick?

no thanks! I’m not a horror fan! I gotta stick with martial arts lol
          if I delete my b2s and controller.txt and answer no to DOF it doesn’t look for b2s… but I didn’t create the controller.vbs script so not sure how it’s working really

off topic:
          I’m a horror and martial arts fan…. and looking at your profile picture from Chocolate … that movie is hardcore hardcore, those actors are pro, doing all those crazy real stunts and real action scenes. Even the girl actress. Great movie btw! one of my faves of 2015 :good:

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

Chocolate is a great movie, I watch it quite often still

VP10 just went final over on VPF, grab the latest version! http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33262&hl=

Punch it!

Vinthar
            Participant
              @vinthar

You stole Christmas, Fren! Now I am gonna play the S@#*& out of this table. BIG thank you and respect for your work!
              :good: :yahoo: :good: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Jack
              Participant
                @breikers

Awesome Fren ! Just in time for Christmas ! THis alone would be a reason the build a cab :) Guess i really have to buy a new GPU now. Shame I have to work today…

jokketech
                Participant
                  @jokketech

Thx for the table :good:

But my DOF wont work om this table??

Works on all other tables.

What am i doing wrong?

Pinbolt
                  Participant
                    @pinbolt

Thank you so much for this amazing christmas gift.

But I can’t start the table.

I got this error message at start:

Line 161: Object needed: Controller
                    Line 43:

I’m a desktop player.

PLease help me fren

Jeff
                    Participant
                      @bmcbridejdk

Everytime I try to download from the link, I get an error right before it finishes the download. If I resume the download it finishes, but think it says the file is corrupt and will not open. Any ideas whats going on here? Thanks. All the table creators are amazing, I love all the tables you put out.

really
                      Participant
                        @st3rn

Thank you so much for this amazing christmas gift.

But I can’t start the table.

I got this error message at start:

Line 43:

I’m a desktop player.

PLease help me fren

Run the VP10 .exe as Admin, right click/properties/compatibility/run as admin/apply

really
                        Participant
                          @st3rn

Thx for the table :good:

But my DOF wont work om this table??

Works on all other tables.

What am i doing wrong?

Go into VP/user/controller/forcedisableB2S= (change to whatever the other number would be 1 or 0)

ICPjuggla
                            @icpjuggla
                            MembervipModerator

Wow awesome build… I can’t wait to get home from work today to check it out in more detail.. Thank you

-=Dozer=-
                            Participant
                              @dozer

Very nice man – is there any way to make the table brighter, the ball bigger and the physics less bouncy?
                              It would also be great if you could change the roll over switch samples to something about 2db louder.

I made a VP9 version of this about a year ago and for the first 6 months of playing it I thought the sparky voice was actually Lars Ulrich.

Arngrim
                              Participant
                                @arngrim
                                DOF MinisterMember

if you have b2s installed and don’t have a backglass for a certain table, just disable error message without backglass option in b2s options, when you right click on a backglass, this is a global parameter

b2s

or in B2STableSettings.xml it is that line

<B2STableSettings>
                                <ArePluginsOn>1</ArePluginsOn>
                                <ShowStartupError>0</ShowStartupError>

I answered NO the first time, then it would ask for the b2s. Deleted the file, answered NO again, still asked for b2s. Went in and changed forcedisableB2S=1 (I changed the value to a 1 instead of a 0) now it doesn’t ask = fixed.

Thanks

Fren do you want that $30.00 horror flick?

no thanks! I’m not a horror fan! I gotta stick with martial arts lol
                                if I delete my b2s and controller.txt and answer no to DOF it doesn’t look for b2s… but I didn’t create the controller.vbs script so not sure how it’s working really

Arngrim
                                Participant
                                  @arngrim
                                  DOF MinisterMember

the dof config was published some hours ago only, that should be the reason why it was not working several hours + some hours before ;)

i’m a big horror fan, curious about the movie you are talking about, (i participated to the table as you can see :) )

Jack
                                  Participant
                                    @breikers

Table is looking awesome Fren. Is there any way of boosting the music volume ? I have already max volume in the rom, and turned the table sound volume down. But i do not want to get to much difference between the other tables.

Jeff
                                    Participant
                                      @bmcbridejdk

is anybody having trouble downloading this table? other then me.

really
                                      Participant
                                        @st3rn

the dof config was published some hours ago only, that should be the reason why it was not working several hours + some hours before ;)

i’m a big horror fan, curious about the movie you are talking about, (i participated to the table as you can see :) )

The movie is: A Serbian Film

Table is looking awesome Fren. Is there any way of boosting the music volume ? I have already max volume in the rom, and turned the table sound volume down. But i do not want to get to much difference between the other tables.

I turned the table sounds down, VP sound up, the ROM volume up and then went into the ROM settings and turned the music up to the Max of 15, it helped a bit but not a ton.

To the other reply. I forgot about the B2S.server settings, but thanks.

To Jeff: sometimes people have trouble with the downloads, it’s just not you, keep trying and send a message to randr.

I wish the table wasn’t so dark. (that’s a fren inside joke!)

Jeff
                                        Participant
                                          @bmcbridejdk

Randr fixed downloading the table for people with slow connection speeds

Arngrim
                                          Participant
                                            @arngrim
                                            DOF MinisterMember

i saw the movie long ago, i understand why it is banned, one scene went too far, but i found it on the web without a problem, if you like extreme movies, one i saw that i will remember is martyrs, the whole movie is psychologically hard, i don’t want to see it again.. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?