Metallica WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

I have not given up. Just want more images and I can finish it up

Punch it!

PinBill
      Participant
        @pinbill

Fren,
        What images do you need still? I’m going to my buddies house this weekend that owns one. I’ll see if I can fill in the gaps for you.

Nelson
        Participant
          @zombean

New to the group, tried to piece together a plastic set for the table from photos and my redraws, I was building it in FP, I couldn’t figure out the programming of it all. Hopefully you can use this. I can’t wait to try the table.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

they look good. best ive seen for a full set. thank you! im not involved in this build but i hope they can be used

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

Looks about the same quality as what I’ve got, pretty low resolution for my needs unfortunately. Really would like some scans but may not happen unfortunately.

Punch it!

Blashyrk
              Participant
                @blashyrk

Couldn’t you just use the low resolution for now? and if something better comes along you could swap it out. I understand that you want better scans but I think people can live with it for the time being. I’ve been dying to get my hands on this table and the wait is excruciating.

Blashyrk
                Participant
                  @blashyrk

Maybe we can do a little fundraiser so Fren can buy the plastics? :) and afterwards Fren can sell it and keep the money as a gift from the community for his awesome tables, what do you think?

Paulo Carvalho
                  Participant
                    @paulohotline

Hey Fren, pinsider northvibe from Duluth, MN has the plastics and an HP scanner and has volunteered to scan them for us. Can you identify which plastics you need done or do you just want him to cram them all and scan everything minus the clear ones?

What file format do you want? PNG? What resolution should he scan at? 300 DPI enough?
                    Where should he upload, dropbox or here at Vpinball?

LMK and I will ask him to get started.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                    http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                    "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Blashyrk
                    Participant
                      @blashyrk

That’s great news Paulo :)

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

Honestly if he could scan them all it would be super beneficial. I’ve got an image of the slingshot plastics that’s a little grainy, and I’ve got close approximation redraws of the top plastics but it would be great to have them all from the same source. 300dpi is more than enough, png or pdf or anything he can provide. You can upload publicly here in case anyone else wants to have a go at it as well

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
                        Participant
                          @paulohotline

Ok dude, I have reached out to Northvibe to see what he can do for us. Hopefully we get a positive response :)

"Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Phil Docker
                          Participant
                            @dock

I believe a release of Metallica on vpuniverse will happen as soon as the game goes out of production. Would it not be worth messaging the author of that game to see if he has good quality images he would pass on?
                            Just an idea!

Paulo Carvalho
                            Participant
                              @paulohotline

Hey Phil, Fren knows 85Vette and has access to the table I believe. As he stated earlier in this thread, they are not high quality enough for Fren’s release in VP10. Hence the search to get the high rez scans :)

freneticamnesic
                                @freneticamnesic
                                vipModeratorMember

He didn’t take his table apart to get high res images, so his are a mix of redraws and pictures. They’re fine but they don’t scale or stretch very well. It looked to be the same issue with the FP table images, when the total resolution of all the plastic images is 1024×2048 you’re not going to get a desirable image quality when you start applying those images to primitive plastics. Each primitive texture I use is 1024×1024 so it’s a lot of upscaling. Another issue with VPX is the new lighting can really bring out the flaws in your textures… what looked good in VP9 often looks bad in VP10.

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
                                Participant
                                  @paulohotline

Northvibe is going to scan the plastics tomorrow and will upload here or dropbox. Stay tuned :)

freneticamnesic
                                    @freneticamnesic
                                    vipModeratorMember

Tits man

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Any word?!?

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
                                      Participant
                                        @paulohotline

“Just got a puppy Saturday so it is slight chaos here…. I will try to get to this asap though.

My gosh that looks good. Is yours on vp10? I have a rough cab in sketchup. I’ll need to get on it….fast. I almost bought an AMH but went with Metallica and I still really want an amh…..

Lets keep in touch and I’ll try to get those scans done.”

Parnell – aka NorthVibe

freneticamnesic
                                          @freneticamnesic
                                          vipModeratorMember

tell him he can play AMH on his cab when he gets it built :) but plastic scans first!

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
                                          Participant
                                            @paulohotline

“Hey man!
                                            Sorry, was on full puppy duty and work last night. I’m bringing the full box of plastics to work. I’ll use my big scanner, and do highest res possible if that helps? Otherwise 400ish (more than 300 for sure)

It may be a few pages/files, but I’ll have them shared today. if any are too long can the dev stitch them together? I have an artist but he is out sick today…..and I’m not a photoshop wizard by any means.
                                            Hope to talk to you soon!

Oh I have the LE spinner plastics in my game so the pro ones will be scanned. Hope it isn’t a huge deal. They are the same, except the LE has square cuts to fit the spinner”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 123 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?