Metallica WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    really
    Participant
      @st3rn

I gave them to Vamp.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. I don’t want two front teeth, just two new pins to play.

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Speaking of Pinball Arcade, when I finally got into virtual pinball about 10 months ago Pinball Arcade was what I first came across on Steam. Previously over the years virtual pinball just wasn’t good enough to hold my interest for very long. But once I started playing PA I have really enjoyed it the past 10 months.

When I came across Visual Pinball after PA I decided to give that a shot as several good folks on pinballarcadefans recommended it. With the inevitable growing pains (wanting to punch my monitor trying to get the dang thing working) but eventually I was able to get it to work. More growing pains as I was learning to be able to manipulate tables, deals with all of the errors, all of you have experienced this to some degree with VP. When it came to VP9 tables it was great playing tables that weren’t available in PA. However between the physics of VP9, and then the addition of DX11 lighting in the summertime for PA, Pinball Arcade was my pinball of choice and I only played VP occasionally.

However with the emergence of physmod and now VP10 beta, I have started to swing back to preferring VP. However with the release today of Judge Dredd on PA I decided to give it a run though. I used to think that PA was the superior product but with the lastest workings on VP I think it has pulled ahead. Playing JD on VP I had gotten used to the superior physics of physmod and VP10. The ball is more floaty in PA and I am having a hard time going back to it.

I honestly think that PA is just tailoring to the more casual pinball crowd that doesn’t necessarily want to have ball drains every 60 seconds. I don’t think PA is any way a substandard product to the newer workings of VP it’s just the way Farsight has decided to build the game. Which is fine. With VP10 beta the graphics are also on par with DX11 PA in my opinion. Taking a screenshot of first PA’s Judge Dredd and then a version of VP10 beta they book look good.

I am not trying to derail the thread just had some random thoughts on PA and VP.

Thanks for everyone’s hard work here. We have some really talented folks on vpinball.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I couldn’t agree more! Well said

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

really
          Participant
            @st3rn

I’m not going to lie, PA sucks! VP 920 and 990 are very good, I play 920 almost every day, The Flintstones, Elvis, Tommy etc. and 990 on some pins. FP 2.4 is very good and physmod5 is super if someone really know what they are doing with the physics. I just don’t like VP 10 that much as of yet.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

WOW! I can hardly play anything but vp10 now. i feel like a snob but its true. i dont like PA personally and i just cannot play a full game of FP :( and FX2 is just differnet seems its for kids to me but can be fun

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

I’m not going to lie, PA sucks!

Ouch. :unsure:

I didn’t think you could aim shots in VP prior to physmod could you? One of the more experienced guys might chime in on that.

Personally I think the biggest problem with a lot of PA tables is that the slope feels like a VP 4-4.5. Whereas most tables in real life seem to go at about 6. If they could correct that (they have talked about implementing a tournament mode) I think that would go a long way in satisfying the pinball purists.

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

Ah yea I’m with randr, haven’t really touched VP9 since the VP10 beta came out, VP9 just doesn’t look as good. Maybe 5% of the tables are still quite playable but I’m a snob!

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

One final screenshot before I finish this up. Got a few minor details left but expect this to be about what the final product is. Don’t mind the stuff poking through the ramp on the right, that’ll be fixed

Punch it!

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Looks fantastic!

Jack
                      Participant
                        @breikers

Can’t wait for this one !! Going to be awesome !

PinBill
                        Participant
                          @pinbill

Looks great Fren. I love that you covered that coffin area that’s usually just an ugly white space with the eyeball mod sticker. My buddy put that on his real pin last week and it looks so much better.
                          The only thing it’s missing is the cross drop down target decals. I think I uploaded a scan of those if you need them. I’ll double check.

Tyson
                          Participant
                            @tyson171

I’ve very excited for this one also! Looks fantastic!

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

I kinda dig this Snake Mod. Helps tie that snake head into something.

-Mike

rocknroll
                              Participant
                                @rocknroll

Job well done that looks awesome!! :good:

freneticamnesic
                                  @freneticamnesic
                                  vipModeratorMember

PinBill, I usually drag my feet on the target decals. I think you did share those with me, I just haven’t put them up yet. I have the standup target decals to add as well (lightning decal on sparky target, and the Ms on the thinner ones, and the pistons on the left side targets)
                                  Other things missing in that WIP are 2 plastics by the upper lane guides/pop bumpers, some screws and posts, some transparent plastics (not necessary but I try to add as much detail as I can from the real pin)… probably some other things. So that’s all a pretty quick addition. Once I feel I’ve got gameplay bugs worked out then I’ll finish it up and upload it

Punch it!

nate
                                  Participant
                                    @nodzebra

man im shaking with anticipation for this one, i hope i dont give myself a stroke before you release it.

really
                                    Participant
                                      @st3rn

It’s like Santa, I wonder if it really exists? LOL

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

It exists. Check back tomorrow night. I’m putting the finishing touches on it.

Punch it!

nate
                                        Participant
                                          @nodzebra

fren with the release of this one im gonna go ahead and say your more legendary than santa claus in my not so humble opinion anyway i better go download the game code

nate
                                          Participant
                                            @nodzebra

is it going to use the pro, premium or premium le rom?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?