Monster Bash VPX wip

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

I think Clark’s version plays less bouncy which i personally like, and the flippers seem easier to catch the balls with. What i really seem to notice in comparing back and forth, is the the new flippers seem “sluggish”  for response time up and down in comparison to wip99’s

Just my thoughts…

Clark Kent
      Participant
        @clarkkent
        MemberContributor

It’s certainly not final, a lot of tests have to be done. But all in all the ball behaves naturally on the flippers.

Clark Kent
        Participant
          @clarkkent
          MemberContributor

As you forgot to delete wall152 and wall153, did not include my corrected inlane/outlane walls 228 and 229 and I think a not fully correct copy&paste of my corrected right ramp, I post here my corrected version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo3xecano7tgjuv/Monster%20Bash%20VPX%201.0.rar?dl=0

Gromit
          Participant
            @gromit

This table is really looking great! I know this is a WIP, so please don’t take my comments as complaining. I’m constantly in awe of what you guys are able to do :good: – but you must be running VPX on some super machines. I am running an Intel i5 2500k w/GTX 950 video card – basically a cabinet running Windows 10 with nothing else installed (just PinballX with FP and VP). I’m seeing freeze ups (when Frankenstein is about to rise, the table freezes for 6-7 seconds) and a lot of dropped frames, as the ball will stutter alot. I’m only asking this because I haven’t seen any mention of this and I’d like to know if it’s just my setup? I’ve set VPX video prefs to a lower quality level and I don’t see any difference.

Again, not complaining, just curious to know if it’s just me?

Just wanted to add that I’m using VPX rev 2580 and the latest MB upload from Clark Kent above.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Table runs smooth as silk for me on my setup. 750ti 2gb video card win7(64bit) 8gb ram i5 cpu. you must have some settings wrong in video preferences or something. post a screen shot of your VP video prefrences

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Gromit
              Participant
                @gromit

Thanks randr. This is an exact copy of my PinCab’s VPX Video Prefs. It was easier to use my main box to recreate the display. The only difference is my PinCab’s PF monitor is 1080 x 1920.

There was one setting – Maximum pre-rendered frames – that was set to 1. I changed it to 0 as it seemed that this could have been the problem. However, running the table again, the screen froze when Frankenstein was activated. The screen unfroze after the DMD animations regarding Frank’s rising finished, about 7-8 seconds.

The ball stutter problem disappeared until I was on ball 3, but not as severe as before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rexc445ixjszhxq/Video.jpg?dl=0

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

two differences from my settings.

uncheck update in-game quality under ambient occlusion

but I think the big one is max prerendered frames set that to 1

also NVidia control panel don’t have a profile set for vp and just use defaults. I get no stutter here but I am using a non flames backglass the nicer backglass does cause some slight stutter for me very slight

for IOS and Android

Gromit
                  Participant
                    @gromit

OK, changed the values as mentioned. I’m still getting the freeze when Frankenstein is activated. The ball starts to go down the wire rail, and then freezes halfway down. The DMD animation plays out, until it says ‘It’s Alive’. At this point the ball moves to the end of the ramp instantaneously. Frank starts rising up and the game continues. This doesn’t seem like a video issue… it happens every time.

Wolfgang
                    Participant
                      @mrwolfgang

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi all, I just had the opportunity to try this table. It’s excellent however could sooner please tell we what I need to change in the script so that pinmame/the DMD shows?.</p>
                      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I can hear the rom sounds, however the DMD I’d nowhere (I tried running windowed in case it was underneath the Playfield and it’s like pinmame isn’t even running but I can hear the rom sounds).</p>
                      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I’d imagine it’s something to do with setting pinmame.controller, however I don’t want to edit the wrong line if script).</p>
                      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I am running a two screen cab,and the B2S is running on my second screen.</p>
                      <p style=”text-align: left;”>Cheers</p>

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

delete lines 16 through 22 in script and see if that fixes it for you? otherwise maybe try to delete nvram or pinmame registry for MB

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Wolfgang
                        Participant
                          @mrwolfgang

Thanks Randr, I’ll give that a try:-)

Blashyrk
                          Participant
                            @blashyrk

I’m loving this table :) awesome job randr

Clark Kent
                            Participant
                              @clarkkent
                              MemberContributor

I have the problem here that the drain/trough is not always recognizing the ball draining. I made the apron invisible to see what happens and the ball is destroyed by the drain but no new ball is served and the game does not count bonus points. It’s just as there is still a ball in play but there isn’t. Happens sometimes. Using latest VP10.1.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Haven’t tried the 10.1 beta on mb yet but will try it tonight

for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                                Participant
                                  @clarkkent
                                  MemberContributor

I just had the problem again. The only thing that helps is to open a debug window as soon as it does not register the drain and type bsTrough.ExitSol_On. The weird thing is that you have to type this twice or three times until it registers it right. Never ever seen such a weird behavior as the script seems to be ok and the destruction of the ball in the drain works. It just does not recognize it (but as it’s destroyed I really do not understand it) and does not create a new one (as it does not registers the drain). Oh my…

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

is drain kicker set to legacy? no other things checked on it? i just installed 10.01 beta last night for one table that needed it lol

for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                                    Participant
                                      @clarkkent
                                      MemberContributor

I think (at least I think) I found the problem: the latest vpinmame beta causes the problems. With an older version of vpinmame it works flawlessly!

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Good! thank you for clearing that up :good:

for IOS and Android

Scotty VH
                                          @scottt
                                          ModeratorMember

Good! thank you for clearing that up :good:

Great to see this was resolved.  I had similar issues with Frankenstein not activating properly, but this is between two PCs with differing versions of vpinmame.  I’ve made changes to both PCs, and both are working properly now.

Oh, and FUN TABLE and a new personal favorite.  I played the real one last week!  Yet another example of virtual pinball driving real spending.  Thanks randr for all you do for this community, and for the profitability of the real pinball industry.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

oh man… Thanks! really means a lot to me when you say that! I love this hobby and wish I could do more! My skills require a lot of help from other great VP members around here so make sure you thank them too! :heart:

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 184 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?