Moonwalking Dead Rom

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/moonwalking-dead-rom/

Here is the Moonwalking dead i did some time back.  Works for the Pro version of the Walking Dead Table, the LE of Moonwalking dead table will have unknown results with this Rom.  I will try to get an LE version done soon.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Nice work you’re doing @jesperpark – This reminds me to thank you once again for doing the Mustang mod as well. For me, the table became much more enjoyable not needing to listen to Beach Boys ;-)

Batsugame
        Participant
          @batsugame

I can’t seem to get this to work. Renamed twd_156.bin and put in the zip as usual, but I keep getting an error on load. Is there someway to bypass the ROM check or something I need to do differently than usual?

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

In your pinmame setup options, make sure to have “skip pinball startup test” and “ignore ROM crc errors” checked

Can’t remember which one causes this, but because it’s a modified rom you will get errors on loading

Batsugame
            Participant
              @batsugame

I have both checked but am still getting twd_156 “terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file.” Other edited ROMs have loaded normally for me. I am dying to try this out!

Thuras
              Participant
                @thuras

I renamed the bin file inside the zip to twd_156.bin and it worked for me

1 user thanked author for this post.
                marie
                Participant
                  @marie

@jesperpark : Did your Moonwalking Dead LE version ever happen to see daylight?

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

Honestly i don’t remember if i did finish it @marie. I know i had a reason though ;)  that was because i only used moonwalking dead for the pro version of the table, i liked having the original rom for the LE table.  I will look in my computer later and see where i left off with it

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

Okay so looking at what i did, I had started the moonwalking dead LE music swap, but I never finished it entirely.  Also it was on the 156 game code, so I will look at modding the 160 code as soon as I get some free time.

tommygavinrocks
                      Participant
                        @tommygavinrocks

Your rom is always a favorite when I’m showing people my cab. Right from Micheals’s “woo-oo0” entering a credit. Thank you for sharing it with us.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        marie
                        Participant
                          @marie

Wow thanks! Would be really great. I actually only have the TWD Pro version on my cab.

|Because once I played your MJ version, playing with the normal rom isn’t such a thril(ler) anymore!

robwaade
                          Participant
                            @robwaade

any baby step instructions cannot get game to run without loading error do i need to change script rom name when i do i get error

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Have a feeling that you haven’t read good enough the release thread. It is made for Pro – not LE. What Pro version of TWD are you using ?

robwaade
                              Participant
                                @robwaade

156 le rom and moonwalk table downloaded a year ago not sure if i have to change script rom name when i put in rom name its not recognized not sure if im naming zip wrong or bin inside zip have never figured out or changed tables to a different rom i know your familiar with phantom of opera rom i was trying to change rom for carneys new phantom rom he posted last month to see if that would work for match issue just dont know correct way to do these things you have helped me many times appreciate it my friend you are awesome :good:

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Pretty easy to be honest. His download – keep it is as TWD_156.bin – then zip it to TWD_156.zip and put it in the rom folder. Then – the important part. Don’t play it on those regular TWD tabels I expect you are trying to play it on – but, groni’ twd pro from VPU which is a pro emulation is working without any problems. Not 100% finished table according to him, but, it is fun never the less.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3327-new-vp10-alert-the-walking-dead-pro-beta/

I just want to make it clear. You should NOT play the rom for PRO on a LE – it will most probably end up in an error at some point.

robwaade
                                  Participant
                                    @robwaade

in the script then i dont have to do anything.  im using moonwalking dead table   the script says change rom name here under rom area. is that the wrong table to get this rom to work. appreciate your help

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Sorry I have been busy with “summer stuff” but I still have plans to update the latest Pro and LE roms in the near future.

As for the “moonwalking dead table” is there a link I don’t remember seeing that one, I am getting older and more forgetful though ;-)

robwaade
                                      Participant
                                        @robwaade

i believe i got it here maybe a year ago in vpx tables it has michael jackson stuff on it

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

Well it looks like it was here

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/moon-walking-dead-mod-to-walking-dead-vpx/

But that link is dead as the author decided to pull his work i guess

Either way that table is a based on the LE version of table.  The rom posted here is for the “pro version” of the table so will not work on the LE table.  I had started working on the 156h (LE rom) for this table, however did not get get it completed before this table was pulled so I lost steam on finishing it.  Like I said there is now a 160 and 160h rom which I will get to changing the call outs to so people can use whatever table they like.

I’m glad people are enjoying this version and call outs, I am not a fan of the walking dead but a fan of the moonwalking dead table done here:

Now back to rebuilding my Data East Star Wars machine

BlackPredator72
                                          Participant
                                            @blackpredator72

After all those years I came across this MJ TWD Rom, but now the VPX and B2S are gone…

Does anyone like to share it with the people that missed it?

EDIT: I’ve been provided with the files. Thnx!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?