This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  azlew 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
     Ben Logan2 
    Participant

I think the lost ball issue arose after restarting following a bad ball one. I deleted nvram. Seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for getting back to me, Rusty.

Some users who have liked this topic:

azlew 
    Participant

Hello is there any adjustments I can make to run  just in 2 channel sound for music and effects? Great playing and looking table! Thanks

RustyCardores 
    MemberModerator

Hello is there any adjustments I can make to run just in 2 channel sound for music and effects? Great playing and looking table! Thanks

No adjustment needed. If your cab only has two channels that’s how it will play.

azlew 
    Participant

Thanks for responding. I have the table working fine on my desktop (I am learning vp on my desktop before even trying to build cab). The problem is that the flippers and ball rolling is all I am hearing. I have gone thru the preferences and tried all configs in the audio configs including primary etc. Plus I have the music up all the way and there is no music and no special effects or voices. Not sure what to do now but I hope to get it going on my desktop and learn I can first about the vp software for desktop first. Then move on to a cab.

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

With table running and DMD in sight….

Try adjusting the rom sounds by clicking 9 on your keyboard, and then click 8 to turn the rom volume up.

Alot of tables when first played on system will have really low volume for rom sounds.

For other tables, try using Ta2686’s tutorials on how to make rom volume adjustments using the service menu.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&cat=9

1 user thanked author for this post.
     azlew 
    Participant

Thaaks Xenonph. I tried all the suggested Ta2686’s  listed changes and also of course the 9 and 8 adjustments and nothing works. I also got into the rom and tested each part for audio and am getting nothing out of them. I think I will accept it with no sound except flippers and ball rolling sounds unless maybe the rom itself is bad. I will mess around more with it.

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Is this what you see when you look inside your nascar zipped rom?

Capture-5

Try downloading rom from here and see if that helps…

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=157

When I just downloaded table to see if I could help you, I had to press 9 and then 8 to raise rom sounds enough to hear them good.

Does a volume bar show up in DMD when you press 9?

Or try using my nvram which is pre-initialized for full rom volume.

Attachment of nvram file here…

nascar
    Place content of zip file in your nvram folder.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  xenonph.
    Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
     azlew 
    Participant

Wow! xenonph you really fixed this for me! The bin file that I downloaded and created the zip file from Stern website was missing the biosv8.u8 file! As soon as I downloaded from your rom url you gave me = I played it and all the sounds are there!

Thanks for all your help :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account