Nearly caught up on updates for VP!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Thanks to @haunfreaks return i got inspired to update my digital pinball with the tables released since around october 2016! Now i will say that i did try most releases on my desktop but cab was just not something i kept up to date lately with family stuff, home projects and work the time just past by so fast! So far i’m at 209 VPX tables in cab with wheels, media screenshots and all updates to software are done up to 10.2 final.

I have played many for fist time in cabinet and WOW such quality work has been put out so THANK YOU to everyone for the great contributions to add for my personal amusement down in the basement with my friends and family! I truly love it! :heart:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
      rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

And you say you don’t have a hobby  :yes:

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

oh wow THANK YOU

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

You should upload all your table screenshots to VPB

Punch it!

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

You should upload all your table screenshots to VPB

why would he have to do that?… i’m sure in the fine print somewhere it says, they can legally suck it out of his/our cab/s…lol   :-?

.jpg”]

Attachments:
              STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Hey randr you are late with this – since Oct 2016 … Buttons left and right are for the Flippers ;-)

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

Yeah there’s a real shortage of updated media for newer and updated tables.  Instead of having a PF video demo I often just have a screen shot these days and that’s if I get around to adding it to my cab at all.  I need to set aside a day and get everything updated too, for the most part I’ve just been launching tables directly from VP on cab lately.

3dcreation

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

@dark you will need 3 nights to catch up trust me! ;) so set aside 3 evenings  :good:

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

@dark you will need 3 nights to catch up trust me! ;) so set aside 3 evenings  :good:

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

gtxjoe’s pbxrecorder on the cab takes care of all the screenshots and puts them in the right spot.  Can do either videos or stills. Takes a little bit of setup, but once setup it works great and is your cab setup with how you have the table so looks exactly like when the table launches. Once a table is added to the pbx game list fire of pbxrecorder and it looks for missing ones and records them all whether it 1 or 20 tables with missing stufff.  Don’t know why I would want randr’s crazy zoom and slope and inclination settings images on my machine  :wacko:   :-)

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

gtxjoe’s pbxrecorder on the cab takes care of all the screenshots and puts them in the right spot. Can do either videos or stills. Takes a little bit of setup, but once setup it works great and is your cab setup with how you have the table so looks exactly like when the table launches. Once a table is added to the pbx game list fire of pbxrecorder and it looks for missing ones and records them all whether it 1 or 20 tables with missing stufff. Don’t know why I would want randr’s crazy zoom and slope and inclination settings images on my machine :wacko: :-)

I have not tried pbxrecorder and DIDN’T know it also did screenshots i prefer screens over video on front end. I don’t change slope or inclination of the tables at all just for the record :)

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Dr.Tom
                          Participant
                            @crile1
                            MemberContributor

I hear you Randr.  I go in spurts.  Just today, I have some free time and started looking around and boom!  Updated tables everywhere.  I download them until I get the energy to load them, adjust them for cab, and then add them to pinballx.  And now there is 10.3 beta.  Part of me thinks that I’ll hold onto vp 10.2 and just be done…but I know at some point…I’ll get the bug.  And here we go again!  LOL   :wacko:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Yeah i have 10.3 on desktop but not in cab full time but do test 10.3 on cab

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                @terryred
                                MemberContributorModerator

Took me a good week or so to get caught up after being gone for 4 months. I also lost almost everything before leaving for my training course due to an SSD dying. :(

-I had to get all the VPX tables. I’m up to about 100 now. I also change the layout of every table so it better fits my cab and also doesn’t have that squished look to it. I usually just give up the apron and instruction cards. It makes such a huge difference! (Now I can export the layout with VP, which makes it easier to re-import them for updated version of the tables)

-I had to setup all my Future Pinball DOFLinx tables specific for my middle screen Involves editing every table’s video overlay, etc.

-I had to update PFX2’s tables

-I had to setup dmdext for PinMAME and PFX2 for the pretty clean dots!

-then I had to add all of the above the PinballX

THEN….. it was time to update my media. Now that Pinball X has the new Topper feature, that means I have 4 videos for each table! Yes I love having videos for everything. It looks really sharp once setup.  I don’t like having Pinball X deal with B2S and roms. I use OBS to record all my media. One different instance for each screen at the same time. I just use Pinball X to load a table, record, exit, load another table, record, exit, over and over nice and quick. I’m very picky with how it will look so I manually record everything.

-I record all the DMDs for each table in each system by themselves. Looks really good now with full colour and dmdext!

-Toppers in VP and PFX2 are separate videos. No need to record them.

-then for VPX I record BG and PF screens

-PFX2 just needs PF screen recorded. BG is a separate video

-FP I record 3 screens at once. PF, BG, and Topper (it has all the cool extra videos and stuff). FP has some really cool light shows that involve all screens being synced, so that’s why I’m so picky!

I usually do just one letter at a time for each system. Then rename each file with a copy and paste click (all videos in their own folder).

After all that is done, I separate any recorded audio from the PF screen captures to use as Table Audio, or I just find a music file for the table.  For FP I just get the music from the table file, as FP tends to have much better music compared to the factory original sound.

Then I’ll use Convert-it! to batch convert ALL videos to a much smaller file size (with same quality). This will reduce the HDD space usage by a lot!

Then I’m all caught up!  It’s a lot of work, but its worth it in the end.

…and yes I have it backed up now and all uploaded to the GameEx FTP for anyone who wants it (you need to be a supporter for access to download)

/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/TerryRed/

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

I bet randr still hasn’t played Gilligan’s or Taxi! He never plays tables I helped to build!  :negative:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I played both last night! They are both great! Will play again this weekend!

for IOS and Android

senseless
                                    Participant
                                      @senseless

Good to hear you are fully into all the new tables :). There is so much or there that after you played them all you have to start updating again :). Have fun playing and if you have the time join the Game of the Week challenge.

KiwiBri
                                      Participant
                                        @kiwibri

Took me a good week or so to get caught up after being gone for 4 months.

<SNIP>

This will reduce the HDD space usage by a lot! Then I’m all caught up! It’s a lot of work, but its worth it in the end. …and yes I have it backed up now and all uploaded to the GameEx FTP for anyone who wants it (you need to be a supporter for access to download)

/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/TerryRed/

Welcome back.. and thanks for uploading your hard work to share. I’m nearly done my build. Setting up the media seems like its usually another challenge

gtxjoe
                                        Participant
                                          @gtxjoe

Some of you should give PBX recorder a try ;)

Just tell it where PinballX is located and if you want images, or videos and away it goes :)

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@gtxjoe

i need to try it :( embarrassing that I haven’t actually

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?