This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BorgDog 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
     Scooby 
    Participant

I’m ready to replace my Radeon GFX card with Nvidia. Everything I’ve read leads me to believe VPX plays better with Nvidia (for stutter-free ball play), so here is my question…

Should I go with a GTX 1050ti or 1060? If I go with a 1060 (which I’m leaning towards), should I get one with 3 or 6 gigs of ram?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

1060 3 or 6 is fine but more is better ;)

Dodger 
    Participant

In my opinion brings the 1050 ti the best value for the price. If the budget is no problem you can go for the 1060. Should have enough power for the next big VP Version ;)

Scooby 
    Participant

Thanks guys!  We’ll see how the new card performs once it arrives.

TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I have a gtx 970 in my cabinet, and it is running everything in 4K resolution no problems. A 1060 would be the equivalent, so you should be fine.

Stevo 
    Participant

Seems like there are cards with various output connections.  Are you guys using cards with multiple HDMI outputs?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Display ports work good. DVI to hdmi cable is fine as long you don’t need audio. My cards have 2 dvi, one hdmi and maybe 2 display ports. All are usable so never an issue

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Get a card that works with what your displays have, less adapters == less chance for hiccups imho.  My gtx1070 card has 2 hdmi and 2 displayport and 1 dvi.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account