New roms of Brazilian pinballs

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    exegeta
    Participant
      @exegeta

Greetings.

I own 15 roms from LTD in Brazil and 1 Rom from Taito do Brasil, unpublished on Vpinmame. What can I do to add these roms to the program? They are: Alien Warrior, Arizona, Atlantis, Columbia, Cowboy eight ball, Disco dancing, Force, Haunted hotel, Hustler, King Kong, Martian queen, Space poker, Time machine, Trick shooter and Viking king besides Taito Volleyball. Can anyone help?

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

Are these roms already dumped from the PROM chip to binary files?

Are you a member here?:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?act=idx

If so, send a private message to toxie. He can help.

toxie
        Participant
          @toxie
          VP DEVMember

You can also just PM me here.

I do not know if the machines (so the basic system of that era) are already emulated, but definetly the ROMs we do not have for these specific machines!

Would be terrific to get them!

exegeta
          Participant
            @exegeta

The roms are already in .zip packages with binary files inside. From LTD 7 roms are alternate set of which are in operation in Vpinmame and the other 13 are unpublished. Taito’s are 3 roms alternate set. How can I send them to you?

1 user thanked author for this post.
            randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Do a Dropbox link and pm toxie from his profile or under your avatar in top menu you can click my uploads and upload them here too.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

exegeta
              Participant
                @exegeta

I’ll put the files together in a zip.

toxie
                Participant
                  @toxie
                  VP DEVMember

Thanks a lot!

If you have additional resources (like photographs of plastics/playfield, manual/schematic scans, etcetcetc) then this would also be nice to have!

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

you know i wonder how many roms for classic games are not dumped? cant be very many?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

exegeta
                    Participant
                      @exegeta

From Taito the roms Sultan, Hot ball, Apache and Football are not available. From LTD are missing: Samba, Carnaval no Rio and Big Flush. Currently I’m dedicating to programming TTL (Euroflip) generation machines for VPx.

toxie
                      Participant
                        @toxie
                        VP DEVMember

Hi again!

Unfortunately some dumps seem to be empty: blackhol2.bin, hustler.bin, lluck1_s2.bin and vegas_s2.bin

Any chance you could redump these? Thanks!

Gaston
                        Participant
                          @gaston

There are some more issues I found:

• alcapo1_H.BIN is a bad dump (some bytes have an additional $02 bit set, the rest is identical to the existing Al Capone H-ROM)
                          • TM_L.BIN for the 2 player version of Time Machine is a bad dump (all bytes have the $01 bit set)
                          • alwar_H.BIN and alwar_L.BIN are only 2K in size each; all other LTD system 4 ROMs are 4K; also I cannot seem to find a valid memory location for the reset vector!
                          • Martian Queen accepts coins but will not start a game, no matter which switches are closed
                          • Space Poker flashes very rapidly and resets every second or so; I suspect a bad ROM here…
                          • TrickS.bin is really the game ROM for Black Hole
                          • some sets had their L- and H-ROMs swapped, not a big problem really as we load the ROMs into PinMAME using CRC32 validation if they’re zipped. :)
                          • some of the alleged “alternate” sets were actually the previously supported ones (Atlantis, Black Hole, Pec-Men).

Anyhow, great to see a whole new batch of LTD games, and finally a good set of game ROMs for Taito’s “Volley”! :)

Now I need to get the latest game series working (Columbia, Haunted Hotel, Time Machine, Trick Shooter). The code executes fine but no lamp or display updates occur… and it’s impossible *all* of these ROMs are bad dumps! :D

Cheers,

Gaston

exegeta
                          Participant
                            @exegeta

Which roms are bad for me to send others? I have more files here that are not in .bin. Are the Time machine roms and Alien warrior not system III?
                            About the roms ladylukt and vegast games are the same with slightly different rules. But the roms provided in the pinmame have ladylukt with 4 memory files and two sound and vegast with files 3 and 4 which are the rules changed. However, the sound contained in the ladylukt is in reality the vegast. The roms I sent have the correct sound. One more thing: the rom predicted in the pinmame for Cowboy eight ball is actually the Cowboy eight ball 2. The one I sent is the Cowboy eight ball. The difference between the two is the number of players: 3 or 4.

Gaston
                            Participant
                              @gaston

Yes, I also noticed the “Cowboy naming confusion” when looking up all LTD games in IPDB.org. :)
                              And yes, both Alien Warrior as well as Time Machine are confirmed to run on System 4 hardware (4 player games require S4).

Here’s the list of bad dumps inside the zip file:

• blackhol2.bin
                              • hustler.bin
                              • lluck1_s2.bin
                              • vegas_s2.bin
                              • alcapo1_h.bin (probably no new dump needed)
                              • tm2pl/tm_l.bin

Not sure yet about the ROMs for Martian Queen, Space Poker, Alien Warrior, and Time Machine (4 players);
                              I have all games pretty much working by now except for those four! B-)
                              Interesting fact: Arizona works on one ROM with 1K only. That’s pretty much the smallest game we have, along with the Flicker prototype!

Here’s the list of all games we have in now, sorted by system, number of players, and score digits:

• Arizona S3-2p-5d
                              • Atlantis S3-2p-5d
                              • Disco Dancing S3-2p-5d
                              • Hustler S3-2p-5d
                              • King Kong S3-2p-5d
                              • Martian Queen S3-2p-5d
                              • Viking King S3-2p-5d
                              • Force S3-2p-5d
                              • Space Poker S3-2p-6d
                              • Black Hole S3-2p-6d
                              • Zephy S3-3p-6d
                              • Cowboy Eight Ball S3-3p-6d
                              • Cowboy Eight Ball 2 S4-4p-6d
                              • Haunted Hotel S4-4p-6d
                              • Mr. & Mrs. Pec-Men S4-4p-6d
                              • Al Capone S4-4p-7d
                              • Alien Warrior S4-4p-7d
                              • Columbia S4-4p-7d
                              • Time Machine S4-4p-7d
                              • Trick Shooter S4-4p-7d

And yes, please exegeta, whatever files you have for LTD, binary form or whatever, send it in!
                              We can handle all sort of stuff; I recently recovered the binary code for Bally’s “Boomerang” by OCRing it from the U.S. patent! ;)

Cheers,
                              Gaston

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

Hi, many of these tables are now supported in the latest VPM beta build.

Sets are available now at VPU.

:good:

Gaston
                                Participant
                                  @gaston

Yes, most of the games are working now.

I have also created working ROMs for Time Machine (4 players), Martian Queen, and Space Poker. Those three games suffered from a readout error where one byte was wrongly replicated every 64 bytes, so the same byte was in the dumps at addresses $20 and $30, $60 and $70, $a0 and $b0, and so on.

Luckily the code is almost the same for all LTD games, so I was able to correct most entries (except for one byte in Time Machine, which is why the checksum test still fails on this set, but the game itself seems to work just fine).

Alien Warrior and Time Machine (2 players) however are completely lost unless someone can redump them. :(

And more info will be needed about sound for System III… there is no dedicated sound code in the game ROMs, so sounds can only be triggered from there, but whatever produced the actual sounds is still missing.

yrplace18
                                  Participant
                                    @yrplace18

Have theses toms been posted ? There was an update to Martian Queen the other day, but I haven’t been able to find the needed ROM.

Thanks

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

If I remember correctly, the rom is in pinmame, but, the decoding of the sound chip us undergoing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?